Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, kylat4n said:

Thank You, my estimated wait time 5 days and estimated completion time 1 month.

did they scheduled your husband interview exactly after estimated wait time 0 day? Or they stated taking longer than expected ? 
so stressful keep waiting ☹️

To be honest, I don't know.  I stopped logging in on a regular basis because I didn't think the interview would be scheduled till February time frame because that was the estimated completion date.  

11 hours ago, Seattle_ite said:

The journey comes to an end. Walked in to USCIS yesterday at 9:00am for a 9:45am interview. Called in for an interview at 10:15am and then given the option to take the same day oath at 1:30pm. Walked out as a citizen at 3:00pm.

Timeline: Applied for N-400 early Sept. 2018 online. Total time from N-400 application submission to citizenship ~ 14 months.

Congratulations!

Did you apply for your US passport yet? If yes, where did you apply?

Thank you in advance.

N-400 (Online - Seattle Field Office)

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(04days) 2018-10-05 Received NOA by mail

(05days) 2018-10-06 Received email - Biometrics appointment is scheduled

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

(436days) 2019-12-11 I am US Citizen now!!!

Hi,

My wife received her N-400 interview notice last week - she has been scheduled at the Yakima office in the 1st week of Jan 2020.  She had filed her N-400 application online in the first the week of Jan 2019, and her case was transferred from Seattle to Yakima in Aug 2019.  So, we are happy of course, but we will return from vacation a couple of days after her interview date.

Q:  Can anyone pls. advise how long it may take the Seattle (or Yakima) office to reschedule the N-400 interview and to what new date?  In other words, if we request to reschedule the interview to a later date because we may be unable to attend, does USCIS reschedule the interview to a new date that is 30 days after?  Or, maybe 60 days after?

We are travelling out of the country, so it will get expensive to try and alter our bookings at this late stage.  Given the current interview trends, we were not expecting to hear from USCIC until say Feb-Mar 2020.  Now, we are in a dilemma about what to do next.  Any advice is greatly appreciated.''

Thank you.

Edited by Rastapopoulos

1 hour ago, Seattle_ite said:

Thanks. 

Yes, I applied for it yesterday in Seattle. 

Thank you for your reply.😊

I have the same interview time 9:45am next week however as you mentioned you’re done not until 3pm and the agency is already close that time. I made an appointment the next day after my interview just in case I’ll have an Oath Taking.

I tried looking here for an answer if they allow to process passport because I need to cross the boarder in Canada 2 days after my interview. So I’m just taking my chances if they allow me same day processing.

N-400 (Online - Seattle Field Office)

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(04days) 2018-10-05 Received NOA by mail

(05days) 2018-10-06 Received email - Biometrics appointment is scheduled

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

(436days) 2019-12-11 I am US Citizen now!!!

I got my extension-extension-extension (3rd!) of I551 today!

In the meantime, my estimated wait time is 11 days (for N-400). Crossing fingers here!

Just to bring people's attention, I contacted 5 different Congress people to help me with this "combo" (I-751/N-400) situation.

There was only one person from my district (Beacon Hill, district 9) who helped me and contacted directly USCIS to inquiry about my case. It was the US Senator Maria Cantwell. Thumbs up for her and her office.

The rest, told me that I have to keep waiting and did not contact the agency.

7 hours ago, Felicie said:

How many same day ceremonies do they have in a day? 

For people who cant make to the ceremony, do you see if they get scheduled for the next day or what

Congrats! 

50 people in 1 ceremony and 1 ceremony per day at 1:30pm. The interview cut-off time for the same day oath is 11:45am (as of yesterday). If they don't reach 50 people by 11:45am, then the cutoff time for same day ceremony becomes 12:45pm. 

Apparently, the officer who interviews you has a form that they can fill out to put you on to the ceremony for next day, if you don't make the cutoff for same day oath ceremony or you want to do it the next day.

2 hours ago, GermanG said:

I got my extension-extension-extension (3rd!) of I551 today!

In the meantime, my estimated wait time is 11 days (for N-400). Crossing fingers here!

Just to bring people's attention, I contacted 5 different Congress people to help me with this "combo" (I-751/N-400) situation.

There was only one person from my district (Beacon Hill, district 9) who helped me and contacted directly USCIS to inquiry about my case. It was the US Senator Maria Cantwell. Thumbs up for her and her office.

The rest, told me that I have to keep waiting and did not contact the agency.

It takes 37 months for NBC to process the I751. It's down from 40.5 months. I filled May 2017 for I751 and June 2018 for N400. I guess I'll have to wait until May 2020 or so to hear from them.

1 hour ago, washingtonian said:

It takes 37 months for NBC to process the I751. It's down from 40.5 months. I filled May 2017 for I751 and June 2018 for N400. I guess I'll have to wait until May 2020 or so to hear from them.

Still is not clear to me whether they are doing combo interviews in SEattle or not.

I received an email from USCIS saying that "both cases will be adjudicated at the same time".

Today, I went for the Infopass appointment and the guy recited me the script "you cannot adjudicate the N-400 before the I-751".

So, one thing contradicts each other and nobody seems to share important facts about this. 

Please anybody knows what's going on in Seattle?

My estimated case time is 11 days for the N-400 (and 2 months for completion) and my I751 is stuck in NBC since December 2018.

Is anybody in same situation? (i.e. combo filer, with I751 transferred to NBC)???

Hi guys, I have been following this thread because I'm waiting for my i751 to get approved before filling for citizenship. 

Just quick questions: I have been reading about the Seattle office. Is it the one located in Tukwila boulevard? Or ist it a different office? 

I had my biometrics and previous interview done in Tukwila, that's the only office I know I'm linked to from my seattle address. 

But I have just moved in Renton WA,  would the office be different? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
10 hours ago, Malauriea said:

Hi guys, I have been following this thread because I'm waiting for my i751 to get approved before filling for citizenship. 

Just quick questions: I have been reading about the Seattle office. Is it the one located in Tukwila boulevard? Or ist it a different office? 

I had my biometrics and previous interview done in Tukwila, that's the only office I know I'm linked to from my seattle address. 

But I have just moved in Renton WA,  would the office be different? 

same office

2015-03-23 AOS filed

2015-12-29 AOS approved

2017-10-03 I-751 filed

2018-10-02 N400 filed

2020-07-16 I-751 & N400 approved. Sworn in as a US citizen.

2020-07-16 Registered to vote & applied for passport

2020-07-20 Voted!

#VoteLikeYourLifeDependsOnIt

Timeline
19 hours ago, GermanG said:

Still is not clear to me whether they are doing combo interviews in SEattle or not.

I received an email from USCIS saying that "both cases will be adjudicated at the same time".

Today, I went for the Infopass appointment and the guy recited me the script "you cannot adjudicate the N-400 before the I-751".

So, one thing contradicts each other and nobody seems to share important facts about this. 

Please anybody knows what's going on in Seattle?

My estimated case time is 11 days for the N-400 (and 2 months for completion) and my I751 is stuck in NBC since December 2018.

Is anybody in same situation? (i.e. combo filer, with I751 transferred to NBC)???

same here. Last update on my I751 was also transferred to NBC in late 2018. Applied I751 Oct 2017. It's been over two years now since application and two years since my green card expired. Fun. Enjoy the ride. 

Edited by py6

2015-03-23 AOS filed

2015-12-29 AOS approved

2017-10-03 I-751 filed

2018-10-02 N400 filed

2020-07-20 Voted!

Timeline

Can you believe that I would still not have a valid green card and be in this kind of limbo status TWO YEARS after applying to remove the condition? When we got married and I applied in 2015, it took only 9 month. Removal of conditions (26 months now) is taking now close to 3 times as long as the green card itself. I'm completely and utterly speechless. It might sound ridiculous and unbelievable but N400 used to take only 6-8 months a few years back and removal of conditions took max 12 months... 

2015-03-23 AOS filed

2015-12-29 AOS approved

2017-10-03 I-751 filed

2018-10-02 N400 filed

2020-07-20 Voted!

1 hour ago, py6 said:

Can you believe that I would still not have a valid green card and be in this kind of limbo status TWO YEARS after applying to remove the condition? When we got married and I applied in 2015, it took only 9 month. Removal of conditions (26 months now) is taking now close to 3 times as long as the green card itself. I'm completely and utterly speechless. It might sound ridiculous and unbelievable but N400 used to take only 6-8 months a few years back and removal of conditions took max 12 months... 

I filed USCIS Ombudsman report, contacted US senators/representatives, my immigration lawyer and asked on line (via e-request) and in-person (Infopass).

I am thinking that if the countdown for N-400 reaches zero days (for me it will be on December 16, this year) and I haven't heard anything, I imay file a writ of mandamus procedure. I ran out of patience. I am also tired of reading non facts and only rumors that are not helpful.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.