Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, washingtonian said:

Filed N400 on June 9th, 2018. Still waiting to get scheduled for interview. 

I might need to leave the country briefly and my extension letter and green card have expired. How do I get an extension stamp in my passport within a next few days since it says that Seattle office doesn't accept walk ins or schedule infopass appointments?

Thanks.

I also just checked, seems like my extension letter expired in February. I didn't have any plans to leave the country so I never got the extension stamp. Is it still possible to get it and how? 

Both my removal of conditions and N400 applications are still pending.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, barryesb said:

i have traveled several times outside the US after applying for the n-400 online.  I am assuming that this is not a problem if it does not exceed 180 days cumulatively.   Is this correct

You are correct. As far as the total number of day outside the country is less than 180 days in a year, it should be fine. That is what the officer said. I did 

6 hours ago, barryesb said:

Did you volunteer the travel details or did they ask for them

I did volunteer the details particularly the one that I had forgotten while applying.

On 8/6/2019 at 3:58 PM, charna said:

Yes. It is much advisable to take a printed copy of the abroad trip details with you including the ones you took after application. I did take 5 years of tax returns but the officer did not ask me anything about it.

Hi,

Is there anyway to get a printed copy of the abroad trip details? I have my old passport but I was wondering if there is a place to get a print of my abroad trips

3 hours ago, dlamb said:

Does Seattle field office hold judicial ceremony? If I indicated to have my name change on N-400, do I need to go court to do it? Thanks?

Seattle does not have judicial ceremony, I talked to officers over there they advised me to change my name before the interview, then I could submit court order to have my new name on the naturalization certificate

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Felicie said:

Seattle does not have judicial ceremony, I talked to officers over there they advised me to change my name before the interview, then I could submit court order to have my new name on the naturalization certificate

@Felicie, Thank you for your information. 

8 hours ago, Felicie said:

I changed my name before the ceremony. My application had the new name so at my interview I confirmed that was the name to appear on my certificate.

note that after the naturalization ceremony they allow you to correct any incorrect info.. including your name.. so no need to submit a court order.

Looking for recommendations. My interview is scheduled at Yakima, WA office on first Friday of Sep before noon. I have an international travel planned (pre-booked last month) within 4 days of the interview date. I read from earlier post, the oath ceremony might happen same day. I feel its risky to expect getting usa passport even with expedite service.

My options are:

A. Appear for interview, but postpone the Oath ceremony. In that case, i need to return to Yakima(?) at future date(?) for Oath.

B. Postpone the interview. This will push the date further by many(?) days. Though in next appointment i might get Oath done same day. 

Any recommendation are appreciated. 

Thank you.

Timeline:

N400 - Filed in july 2018

Interview notice received July 31, 2019.

- First the online notice had last Friday of Sep at Seattle, WA. office. Though the physical copy received is for Yakima. After that i checked online, old was replaced one with Yakima office.

- I guess they are scheduling Yakim on days when ceremony is also held, so that folks from greater Seattle area don't need repeat the visit.

1 hour ago, turt said:

Looking for recommendations. My interview is scheduled at Yakima, WA office on first Friday of Sep before noon. I have an international travel planned (pre-booked last month) within 4 days of the interview date. I read from earlier post, the oath ceremony might happen same day. I feel its risky to expect getting usa passport even with expedite service.

My options are:

A. Appear for interview, but postpone the Oath ceremony. In that case, i need to return to Yakima(?) at future date(?) for Oath.

B. Postpone the interview. This will push the date further by many(?) days. Though in next appointment i might get Oath done same day. 

Thank you.

Timeline:

- First the online notice had last Friday of Sep at Seattle, WA. office. Though the physical copy received is for Yakima. After that i checked online, old was replaced one with Yakima office.

- I guess they are scheduling Yakim on days when ceremony is also held, so that folks from greater Seattle area don't need repeat the visit.

I would suggest option A. You can tell that you would like to schedule it on a date after you return.

11 hours ago, turt said:

My options are:

Thank you.

Timeline:

Do you live in North Seattle? Congrats! I wonder if applicants living in North Seattle area will have to go to Yakima for the interviews now

N400 filed and bio done on October 2018 

no updates for interview yet!!

Estimated wait time is keep fluctuating ( now estimated wait time 4 months and case completion time 5 months) , but I have heard estimated time is just for estimate time. Could anybody has any idea when I should expect my interview roughly.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.