Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

On 8/1/2019 at 11:38 AM, SeattleCitizen said:

FYI for people waiting to get scheduled. I got my interview scheduled for Sept 4th. Filed May 25th 2018.

21 hours ago, CaptainRidd said:

I applied May 25th 2018 and I got my interview Scheduled yesterday on September 4th in Seattle.

Same here! I applied May 25th 2018 and got my interview for September 4th. Good luck you both!

Quick Question: In my interview notice letter it says I should bring Selective service registration form but as far as I know, Selective service is only for Men. I was just wondering if they put that in every interview notice form or it was just an error in mine.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

How long does an Oath Ceremony take here in Seattle?

My family are coming back to Seattle on the same day as my ceremony, so they will be joining me directly after leaving Seatac. 

First: would they be allowed to come in if I'm already inside? 

Second: how long does the ceremony takes? And if they cant go in, am I allowed to go outside to accompany them?

Thanks

35 minutes ago, AHG said:

How long does an Oath Ceremony take here in Seattle?

My family are coming back to Seattle on the same day as my ceremony, so they will be joining me directly after leaving Seatac. 

First: would they be allowed to come in if I'm already inside? 

Second: how long does the ceremony takes? And if they cant go in, am I allowed to go outside to accompany them?

Thanks

So the whole process for me (back in April) - between arrival, waiting to be seated, being seated in the oath room, oath, pictures - took ~ 2 hours. 

My husband and children arrived late-- i knew they were going to be late so I asked the person who sat me. I was told that once the ceremony starts there may or may not be anyone at the door to let them in. I was told I could open the door though... which is what I ended up doing.  Confirm this information with whoever seats you, in case their process has changed.

So, I’m filing next month (eligible for early filing on September 20). Seattle is my local office, officially. I live in Ocean Shores. Am I likely to be transferred to Portland? Yakima would be unlikely, correct? Or are there cases for people outside of Seattle that are staying with the Seattle office? 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

I attended my interview in Yakima on Friday (Aug 2nd). The interview was straightforward and i got approved. Asked for same day oath and the officer told that there are couple of days in a week where the oath ceremony is scheduled and Friday happened to be one. This might need to be confirmed though. I took the oath the same day and my citizenship journey came to an end. This forum has been very informative. Thanks everyone!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
12 hours ago, charna said:

I attended my interview in Yakima on Friday (Aug 2nd). The interview was straightforward and i got approved. Asked for same day oath and the officer told that there are couple of days in a week where the oath ceremony is scheduled and Friday happened to be one. This might need to be confirmed though. I took the oath the same day and my citizenship journey came to an end. This forum has been very informative. Thanks everyone!

Around what time was the Oath ceremony held? I also have a Friday interview in Yakima and would like to have same day Oath, however my interview is scheduled for 1PM so I suspect I won't finish in time. 

Also, do people that were moved from Seattle office know, if I can't make it to same day Oath, would I have to go back to Yakima at a later date, or would the Oath be at the Seattle office?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Alutza said:

Around what time was the Oath ceremony held? I also have a Friday interview in Yakima and would like to have same day Oath, however my interview is scheduled for 1PM so I suspect I won't finish in time. 

Also, do people that were moved from Seattle office know, if I can't make it to same day Oath, would I have to go back to Yakima at a later date, or would the Oath be at the Seattle office?

My case transferred in Portland. Had my interview 2 weeks ago. Didn't get approved right away,that's why I didn't get oath ceremony same day. I checked my status in the afternoon, it's approved and in line for oath. Still waiting for schedule until now. 😕 I called uscis today, they said waiting for oath ceremony could take up to 90days. I also wonder if my oath will be in Portland or in Seattle.

Gudluck with ur interview. :)

18 hours ago, charna said:

Congrats!!!  What documents did the officer ask for and what documents did you submit originally?

Edited by costa85
forgot to add more

11 hours ago, Alutza said:

The ceremony was at 2:30pm although they ask you to check in at 2pm. There were about 21 people who took oath last friday, so i think if you finish up soon and they have space, they will accommodate you. I  checked in 1/2 hour before my appointment time and i got called in early as well. So i would suggest you check in early to see if they are ahead of time.

5 hours ago, costa85 said:

Congrats!!!  What documents did the officer ask for and what documents did you submit originally?

The officer did not ask any additional document. The only additional information i provided was the abroad trips I had taken up after applying and i also provided info on one trip that i had forgot earlier. Apart from that, followed the usual process.

I applied May 19, 2018 and my interview is scheduled for Sept 27 in Seattle.   I am applying on the condition for having my GC for > 5 years.   

Questions: 

- do folks take an updated abroad trips / since when you applied?   

- I have seen older wiki guidance to take 5 years of IRS forms and other docs (mortgage etc) that establish living/working in the US.   Do people do this?

12 hours ago, charna said:

The officer did not ask any additional document. The only additional information i provided was the abroad trips I had taken up after applying and i also provided info on one trip that i had forgot earlier. Apart from that, followed the usual process.

did you submit this online - or take a printed copy 

Timeline

Filed my N-400 on May 17,2018, had my biometrics on June 5, 2018 and they scheduled my interview on August 27 in Seattle. Plan to do my name change through N400, is there anybody knows does Seattle office do judicial oath ceremony?? Thanks.

Filed N400 on June 9th, 2018. Still waiting to get scheduled for interview. 

I might need to leave the country briefly and my extension letter and green card have expired. How do I get an extension stamp in my passport within a next few days since it says that Seattle office doesn't accept walk ins or schedule infopass appointments?

Thanks.

5 hours ago, barryesb said:

I applied May 19, 2018 and my interview is scheduled for Sept 27 in Seattle.   I am applying on the condition for having my GC for > 5 years.   

Questions: 

- do folks take an updated abroad trips / since when you applied?   

- I have seen older wiki guidance to take 5 years of IRS forms and other docs (mortgage etc) that establish living/working in the US.   Do people do this?

did you submit this online - or take a printed copy 

Yes. It is much advisable to take a printed copy of the abroad trip details with you including the ones you took after application. I did take 5 years of tax returns but the officer did not ask me anything about it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.