Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

from another wiki --- bring 

• Your Green Card (formally known as Form I-551, Permanent Resident Card)
  • A photocopy of the front and back of your Green Card
  • Your driver’s license or state-issued identification card
  • All current and expired passports or travel documents  
  • Copies of your tax returns for the past five years (or three years if you are married to a U.S. citizen)

On 7/22/2019 at 7:02 AM, oceanborn said:

I would take them and mention that you have them -- for reference, I had them with me, didn't upload them with the application and they did not ask for them.

Thanks for the tip. 

I took them with me and mentioned that I had them when the officer asked the question on the application about owing any taxes to the IRS. Similar to you, he didn’t really care for them. 

I passed the interview and I’m now waiting for the ceremony date and time. If anyone is wondering, the folks that were getting interviewed yesterday that I talked to were a mix of April and May 2018 filers. 

12 minutes ago, ACEbagel said:

Thanks for the tip. 

I took them with me and mentioned that I had them when the officer asked the question on the application about owing any taxes to the IRS. Similar to you, he didn’t really care for them. 

I passed the interview and I’m now waiting for the ceremony date and time. If anyone is wondering, the folks that were getting interviewed yesterday that I talked to were a mix of April and May 2018 filers. 

Congratulations!

It won't be long. My ceremony was scheduled for two weeks post-interview.

Be prepared for the eternal waiting game. Be prepared for average news.

Adjustment of Status Journey

Spoiler

07/16/2013 - Successful interview, 2-yr Green Card approved!

Removal of Conditions Journey

Spoiler

11/03/2015 - Approved, card production ordered (164 days!)

11/10/2015 - 10-yr Green Card received (IR6) -- journey over for now!

Citizenship Journey (N-400)

Spoiler

07/15/2019 - Ceremony scheduled for 07/31/2019
07/31/2019 - Journey is finally over. Citizen of the USA.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I had my interview today in Portland. IO was nice. I passed the civics test,unfortunately she said, she can't put me on the oath ceremony today because of the issue that i stayed in the Philippines more than 6 months. She needs to talk to her supervisor first. I've explained the reason and she said,she understand and it does makes sense why I've stayed there for that long.

She asked me to sign something for the certificate of naturalization, but when still decision cannot be made yet.

I'm still hoping for the best. 

Gudluck everyone!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Just checked the USCIS website and it seems there has been a change in my completition time. 

Estimated case completion time

Before it said: December 2019 (4 months)

Now it says: August 2019 (1 month)  [This HAS to be a mistake right?]

Estimated wait time

Before it said: 3 months

Now it says: We are taking longer than expected to process your case. You do not need to do anything at this time.

My Priority Date:  January 26, 2019

Case got transfered [somewhere, unsure if Yakima or Portland]: June 7th, 2019

These times seem crazy! How can I have a completion time of a month if I haven't even had my interview scheduled? Oh well... Anyone else experiencing these crazy updates? 

Naturalization Journey: 

- January 25th, 2019 - Filed N400 form online [Seattle,WA office]

- January 25th, 2019 - NOA1

- January 26th, 2019 - Priority Date

- February 2nd, 2019 - Biometrics appointment scheduled

- February 20th, 2019 - Biometrics appointment

- June 7th, 2019 - Case Transfered [somewhere] Estimated completition time Dec 2019 (4 months) 

** July 24th, 2019 - Checked websites Estimated completition time Aug 2019 [???] (1 month) 

- August 29th, 2019 - Interview Scheduled! [October 7th, 2019 in Portland, OR]

- October 7th, 2019 - Interview [Approved!] Scheduled for same day Oath which was later cancelled... 

- October 25th, 2019 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled 

- November 6th, 2019 - Oath Ceremony [in Portland, OR]

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
4 hours ago, Mari26 said:

Just checked the USCIS website and it seems there has been a change in my completition time. 

Estimated case completion time

Before it said: December 2019 (4 months)

Now it says: August 2019 (1 month)  [This HAS to be a mistake right?]

Estimated wait time

Before it said: 3 months

Now it says: We are taking longer than expected to process your case. You do not need to do anything at this time.

My Priority Date:  January 26, 2019

Case got transfered [somewhere, unsure if Yakima or Portland]: June 7th, 2019

These times seem crazy! How can I have a completion time of a month if I haven't even had my interview scheduled? Oh well... Anyone else experiencing these crazy updates? 

U about to get your interview date

Timeline

I applied my N-400 on May 17,2018, have my biometrics on June 5, 2018 and just got email from USCIS and said 
"We have taken an action on your case and it needs your attention". Logged in to my USCIS account and said "We scheduled your interview". Checked the documents log and and shown :

USCIS notices

These are copies of the USCIS notices that we mail to you. If you do not see one of your notices below, check back in a few days.

Guess the letter is on the way.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yay!!! Had my interview yesterday,and the IO can't make decision yet because of me staying more than 6 months in the Philippines.. then in the afternoon, they updated it approved!!!

Now,I'll just wait for my oath ceremony date.

Gudluck everyone!!!😊

20190723_155550.jpg

Congratulations! I'm glad to see we're all, roughly, the same time. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

I'm in a similar situation to a lot of people here, application moved on June 7th with no other details (applied on July 2018). However, since then, my estimated completion time disappeared completely and the estimated wait time just says "We are taking longer than expected to process your case. You do not need to do anything at this time."

I am a little concern as it seems most people got their estimates updated in some form (people that applied months after me have a completion estimate of August\September 2019).

Does anyone have any ideas why completion time might be missing? I tried submitting an inquiry online but their deadline for a response came and went with no reply. 

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline
10 hours ago, Hawkeye260 said:

Applied for N 400 June 27

Biometrics July 18

Case Completion time 2 months Sept 2019

1663322063_ScreenShot2019-07-24at6_16_53AM.png.5a5d6aea637f30933c91bd77bffc52b2.png

I have a very similar screen. Case completion 3 months (october) estimated wait time 23 days and so on...

I need to buy a ticket for travelling out of the country mid sep to mid oct and now I am in this limbo without knowing what to do....

19 hours ago, Alutza said:

I'm in a similar situation to a lot of people here, application moved on June 7th with no other details (applied on July 2018). However, since then, my estimated completion time disappeared completely and the estimated wait time just says "We are taking longer than expected to process your case. You do not need to do anything at this time."

I am a little concern as it seems most people got their estimates updated in some form (people that applied months after me have a completion estimate of August\September 2019).

Does anyone have any ideas why completion time might be missing? I tried submitting an inquiry online but their deadline for a response came and went with no reply. 

These numbers are absolutely meaningless. Mine states that October 2019 is the completion date, yet I have the oath ceremony in less than a week's time. I would pay absolutely no attention to their ETAs and instead wait on the updates which will naturally be provided to you when your case is reviewed. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.