Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
5 hours ago, Ck207 said:

I would say go to the infopass. Last time I went there I was able to get the interview for the next day. They just went upstairs and came back with the interview scheduled. 

Its not hurt to go, you don’t loose anything and might have useful information 

Thanks @CK207,

Do you meet with an actual immigration officer during the infopass? also is it the same officer that interviewed me?

I contacted my lawyer and she recommended that I cancel my infopass appointment, since putting pressure on the officer in a situation like (No Decision Can be Made) can sometimes have a counter productive consequences. 

Thoughts on this???

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
4 hours ago, AHG said:

Thanks @CK207,

Do you meet with an actual immigration officer during the infopass? also is it the same officer that interviewed me?

I contacted my lawyer and she recommended that I cancel my infopass appointment, since putting pressure on the officer in a situation like (No Decision Can be Made) can sometimes have a counter productive consequences. 

Thoughts on this???

Yeah I met a junior immigration officer and another one. I went there a lots for infopass. A few are useless but if I did not go I would not able to get my interview. Probably I would be still waiting. And no I don’t think they care about you putting pressure on it. They have millions of cases to deal with everyday. There are a lot of people there for infopass too. I don’t think they will care much.

I129F sent : 20/12/2013

I129f received: 26/1/2013

NOA1 notification: 01/01/2014 heart.gifheart.gif

Alien registration number changed :03/01/2014

NOA2 notification: 04/02/2014

Case number: 14/02/2014heart.gifheart.gif

Embassy recieved: 19/02/2014

Fee paid: 26/02/2014

P3 recieved: 03/03/2014

P3 sent: 04/03/2014

Interview day : 07/05/2014goofy.gifgoofy.gif

On 7/14/2019 at 1:54 PM, promenad said:
18 hours ago, SeattleCitizen said:

Anyone still waiting for interview from May 2018 application date? 

I applied May 19 2018.  it said that my estimated completion period should be Aug 2019 - but i have not received an interview notice.  

I am having intermittent problems with the web site - it lets me log in (with the appropriate verification code sent to my phone) - but then errors out sometimes

2 hours ago, barryesb said:

I applied May 19 2018.  it said that my estimated completion period should be Aug 2019 - but i have not received an interview notice.  

I am having intermittent problems with the web site - it lets me log in (with the appropriate verification code sent to my phone) - but then errors out sometimes

has anyone in Seattle who applied in May, received their appointment notice?

I applied on May 24, 2018 and it said that my estimated completion should be Aug 2019 as well but haven't got any interview notice either. (I'm not sure how much we can trust the estimated completion date, Originally the estimated completion date was July 2019 and then they pushed it to December 2019 and now it shows Aug 2019)

since this morning, I'm having same issue with signing to USCIS website too.

I received the RFE today. I had to wait 71 days for it to arrive but it is finally here.

They requested tax returns and proof of payment for the year 2018, However I sent them both 2017 and 2018 tax returns and transcripts just in case because I didn't have them with me at the time of the interview. Hopefully that is sufficient and they finally approve my application.

The funny thing is they take their time to process the applications but only give you 30 days to reply to the RFE :P

BTW, Does anybody know if responding to the RFE and uploading the files online enough or do I have to mail them too?

@AHG

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
4 hours ago, SqueakyBed said:

I received the RFE today. I had to wait 71 days for it to arrive but it is finally here.

They requested tax returns and proof of payment for the year 2018, However I sent them both 2017 and 2018 tax returns and transcripts just in case because I didn't have them with me at the time of the interview. Hopefully that is sufficient and they finally approve my application.

The funny thing is they take their time to process the applications but only give you 30 days to reply to the RFE :P

BTW, Does anybody know if responding to the RFE and uploading the files online enough or do I have to mail them too?

@AHG

Congrats @SqueakyBed,

Yes at least you got them...

If you look at the online portal they mention "If you upload additional evidence, USCIS is not required to review or accept these documents when making a decision about your case." 

with what we've seen before, I would definitely upload the documents, send them by mail and probably call them to make sure they got them and they will be reviewed. If you can't confirm that with them on the phone, just schedule an infopass and go meet with them to make sure. 

I know this might sound crazy, but I would take triple the precautions with anything government related. Best of luck, you are almost there. 

I stay in Seattle, and USCIS recently transferred my case to another office.  I have yet to hear from them, but based on the discussions here, I suspect it may be Yakima.  A few Qs:
1.  How's the interview experience at Yakima? 
2.  If I am unable to take oath on the same day as the interview, how long can it take for the file to be sent back to Seattle and for the oath ceremony to be organized in Seattle?

Thank you.

17 hours ago, Rastapopoulos said:

I stay in Seattle, and USCIS recently transferred my case to another office.  I have yet to hear from them, but based on the discussions here, I suspect it may be Yakima.  A few Qs:
1.  How's the interview experience at Yakima? 
2.  If I am unable to take oath on the same day as the interview, how long can it take for the file to be sent back to Seattle and for the oath ceremony to be organized in Seattle?

Thank you.

Can you share your timeline?

Sorry for the lack of responses! Been hectic here over the past few weeks.

I went to my interview on July 15. Took around 20 minutes, was relatively straight-forward. Unfortunately there was some kind of technical glitch towards the end and I was unable to attend the oath on the same day, but a couple hours later my status changed to "your ceremony has been scheduled" -- while I cannot see this online nor has it been mailed yet, the exceptionally helpful USCIS contact center were able to inform me that my ceremony is on July 31 2019 at 1:30pm in Seattle. I'm unsure how much I need the letter, the interviewing officer told me that I should just go even if I do not receive it and they can print it there and then for me. So I'm all set, all done, and will be a citizen come the end of this calendar month.

Thanks!

Be prepared for the eternal waiting game. Be prepared for average news.

Adjustment of Status Journey

Spoiler

07/16/2013 - Successful interview, 2-yr Green Card approved!

Removal of Conditions Journey

Spoiler

11/03/2015 - Approved, card production ordered (164 days!)

11/10/2015 - 10-yr Green Card received (IR6) -- journey over for now!

Citizenship Journey (N-400)

Spoiler

07/15/2019 - Ceremony scheduled for 07/31/2019
07/31/2019 - Journey is finally over. Citizen of the USA.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
12 hours ago, oceanborn said:

Sorry for the lack of responses! Been hectic here over the past few weeks.

I went to my interview on July 15. Took around 20 minutes, was relatively straight-forward. Unfortunately there was some kind of technical glitch towards the end and I was unable to attend the oath on the same day, but a couple hours later my status changed to "your ceremony has been scheduled" -- while I cannot see this online nor has it been mailed yet, the exceptionally helpful USCIS contact center were able to inform me that my ceremony is on July 31 2019 at 1:30pm in Seattle. I'm unsure how much I need the letter, the interviewing officer told me that I should just go even if I do not receive it and they can print it there and then for me. So I'm all set, all done, and will be a citizen come the end of this calendar month.

Thanks!

Congratulations!

Adjustment of Status From F-1 Visa.

8/14/2014: Mailed AOS package: I-130, I-485, I-765.

8/18/2014: Accepted in Chicago. Transferred to Nebraska Service Center.

8/21/2014: Received NOA 1. I-130, I-485, I-765 in mail.

8/25/2014: Received biometrics in mail. Scheduled for 9/8/2014

9/24/2014: EAD approved. 36 Days!

10/01/2014: EAD mailed.

10/03/2014: Received EAD card.

10/14/2014: I-485 moved to testing and interview.

1/28/2015: Interview scheduled for 3/4/2015.

1/31/2015: Received interview notice.

3/4/2015: Interview completed and APPROVED!

3/5/2015: Welcome notice mailed and I-130 Approved.

3/10/2015: Welcome notice and I-130 approval notice received.

3/12/2015: Green card mailed.

3/14/2015: Green card delivered.

Removal of Conditions: 

12/14/2016: Mailed I-751.

12/19/2016: NOA issued.

01/26/2017: Biometrics.

05/03/2018: I-751 transfered to NBC.

02/27/2019: Joint I-751/N-400 Interview.

05/14/2019: I-751 APPROVED.

Naturalization:

12/02/2017: Mailed N 400 to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox. (I-751 still pending)

12/05/2017: Package delivered in Phoenix, AZ. Transferred to Harrisonburg Processing Center.

12/07/2017: Notice of action issued. (IOE)

12/26/2017: Biometrics.

01/23/2019: Interview Scheduled for 2/27/2019.

02/27/2019: Joint I-751/N-400 interview. N-400 recommended for approval.

05/16/2019: N-400 APPROVED! Placed in line for oath ceremony.

05/17/2019: Oath ceremony notice mailed.

06/12/2019: Swearing in Ceremony! Finally a U.S. citizen!

On 7/18/2019 at 3:01 AM, SqueakyBed said:

@AHG

Seeing how many people have mentioned tax returns, I’m taking returns for 2018, 2017, and 2016 with me to my interview tomorrow, even though I didn’t upload them when I submitted my application. 

I would much rather they ask for them, and I hand them to the officer on the spot rather than have them send me an RFE 70 days later. 

Do you you think I should initiate and mention that I brought my tax returns with me, or wait for them to ask. My concern is that they don’t ask for them and decide later that they want them. 

14 hours ago, ACEbagel said:

Seeing how many people have mentioned tax returns, I’m taking returns for 2018, 2017, and 2016 with me to my interview tomorrow, even though I didn’t upload them when I submitted my application. 

I would much rather they ask for them, and I hand them to the officer on the spot rather than have them send me an RFE 70 days later. 

Do you you think I should initiate and mention that I brought my tax returns with me, or wait for them to ask. My concern is that they don’t ask for them and decide later that they want them. 

I would take them and mention that you have them -- for reference, I had them with me, didn't upload them with the application and they did not ask for them.

Be prepared for the eternal waiting game. Be prepared for average news.

Adjustment of Status Journey

Spoiler

07/16/2013 - Successful interview, 2-yr Green Card approved!

Removal of Conditions Journey

Spoiler

11/03/2015 - Approved, card production ordered (164 days!)

11/10/2015 - 10-yr Green Card received (IR6) -- journey over for now!

Citizenship Journey (N-400)

Spoiler

07/15/2019 - Ceremony scheduled for 07/31/2019
07/31/2019 - Journey is finally over. Citizen of the USA.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.