Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, leethompson said:

A (slightly selfish) reminder for folks to continue updating the google sheet at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FcItCasVItCDsUNEbDu15IRQ-AbDMRJWsiljwtz5WRI/edit#gid=1497976778 - it's been crucial in keeping my anxiety at bay seeing the rows get updated over time.

I'm close now, I can feel it!

Yes please!! It's very helpful. Thanks for the reminder!! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

received interview notice on 06/10/21; interview date 07/22/2021, filed on 03/14/2020

does anyone know if Oath ceremony the same day at Tukwila office?

1 minute ago, Alpa Alpa said:

I will let you know because I have an interview on the 23rd of this month at the same office.

I went yesterday for interview at tukwila and oath happened same day. It took total of 2 hours.

30 min interview (asked literally all 50 no/yes questions). 

After that they make u wait for 5-6 folks to be ready for oath. In my case i was first from this group so had to wait more than hour. But there were folks who did have to wait. Oath was just 5-10 min.

12 minutes ago, MMSM said:

I went yesterday for interview at tukwila and oath happened same day. It took total of 2 hours.

30 min interview (asked literally all 50 no/yes questions). 

After that they make u wait for 5-6 folks to be ready for oath. In my case i was first from this group so had to wait more than hour. But there were folks who did have to wait. Oath was just 5-10 min.

That is good news, thanks for the feedback. If you can write a small summary would be great for the whole process in there.

7 minutes ago, Alpa Alpa said:

That is good news, thanks for the feedback. If you can write a small summary would be great for the whole process in there.

Appllication date - jan 2020

Interview date - june 11 , 12 pm noon

Location- tukwilla

Oath date - june 11

Reached at 11.50, there were two diff lines at the gate - fingerprints and interview. Guard asked what time interview was and since it was within 15 min, he allowed us to go in.  There was security check and then a counter where i got a token and was asked to go on second floor. Waited for 5 min and i was called for interview. Guy asked me to only keep gc passport and dl on table and rest in drawer. Interview was virtual , i was sitting in a cubicle with headsets. Officer was  really nice and was often cracking jokes and doing informal conversation during interview. It started with showing gc on camera and then oath and basic questions abt me. Post that she asked 6 questions and verbal and written. Those were really easy. After that 50 yes/no questions. They were boring and tiring. Headsets along with mask did hurt my ears. After we were done she asked if i am traveling , i said no and then she said we will do oath today and u have to give up gc. She printed a page and asked me to mark everything no and sign and give my gc along with that page. Post that she printed test results. I was asked to wait outside for oath. After 1-1.15 hours they called my name for oath and 5-6 folks went to a room , oath ceremony was done in less than 5 min and we were handed naturalization certificates.

It wasnt bad, but yesterday with rain traffic was little bad that added to the whole process.

7 minutes ago, MMSM said:

Location- tukwilla

Oath date - june 11

Reached at 11.50, there were two diff lines at the gate - fingerprints and interview. Guard asked what time interview was and since it was within 15 min, he allowed us to go in.  There was security check and then a counter where i got a token and was asked to go on second floor. Waited for 5 min and i was called for interview. Guy asked me to only keep gc passport and dl on table and rest in drawer. Interview was virtual , i was sitting in a cubicle with headsets. Officer was  really nice and was often cracking jokes and doing informal conversation during interview. It started with showing gc on camera and then oath and basic questions abt me. Post that she asked 6 questions and verbal and written. Those were really easy. After that 50 yes/no questions. They were boring and tiring. Headsets along with mask did hurt my ears. After we were done she asked if i am traveling , i said no and then she said we will do oath today and u have to give up gc. She printed a page and asked me to mark everything no and sign and give my gc along with that page. Post that she printed test results. I was asked to wait outside for oath. After 1-1.15 hours they called my name for oath and 5-6 folks went to a room , oath ceremony was done in less than 5 min and we were handed naturalization certificates.

It wasnt bad, but yesterday with rain traffic was little bad that added to the whole process.

Thank you, this is helpful at least I know now what it looks like the process over there. My interview is at 6:30 am. I hope things will be fine. Thanks again. 

1 hour ago, MMSM said:

Location- tukwilla

Oath date - june 11

Glad to hear they seem to be doing same-day oath even for appointments later in the day. Hoping for the same here! Thanks for the write-up.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
2 hours ago, wase said:

Does the length of stay as GC holder help to get the interview earlier? If someone has GC for like 10+ years, does that help to get an interview earlier than someone with GC for less a period less than that? 

I have not seen any evidence of that.

I did receive a hard time from the AO during my N400 interview about why it took me so long to apply for my GC having been married 12 years before submitting my application. If anything they might ask why did you wait so long to apply for N400

H1B: Feb 2001 (London)

L1A:  Jan 2014 (London)

AOS: May 24th 2016 - June 20th 2017

N400: March 23rd 2020 - June 29th 2021

Passport: July 1st 2021 - August 30th 2021

Social Security: July 1st 2021 - October 5th 2021

38 minutes ago, MGMA said:

For people who have very early interview in Tukwila like 7 am, did you have same day oath? Or is it too early for a same day oath? I heard they only do the oath at 1pm.

My interview was at 7am in Tukwila and my experience was very similar to what MMSM describes above. Interview was done in about 20 mins but then I had to wait over an hour till there were other people ready to do a group oath. The group oath itself took less than 10 mins and we were given our certificates after that.

While I was waiting, I saw plenty of people get their certificates in the waiting area because they were administered oath by the officer who interviewed them. So it really depends on your luck. You can be done with the whole process in less than 1 hour or you may have to wait close to 2 hours, do the group oath and then get your certificate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.