Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, ReasonableOrange8 said:

Can one who just gets naturalized apply for first time a US passport outside US? (Go international travel, say home country, and apply the US passport at embassy/consulate there.)

I saw a link about "Apply Outside the United States" in dept of state's website. 

According to Department of the States, you can apply for your first time passport at embassy and consulate which its procedure depends on the specific embassy but mostly have to provide them the required document like inside the US and make an appointment with them. I'm planning to go through this option after my oath ceremony, as no expedited process (3 business days) is available and have to travel to my birth country.

1 hour ago, AlexUSA said:

According to Department of the States, you can apply for your first time passport at embassy and consulate which its procedure depends on the specific embassy but mostly have to provide them the required document like inside the US and make an appointment with them. I'm planning to go through this option after my oath ceremony, as no expedited process (3 business days) is available and have to travel to my birth country.

What is your birth country? Make sure it's legal in that country to use its passport in traveling while being a citizen  of another country. 

2 hours ago, JFH said:

It's been many months since I had my biometrics done and I am trying to remember if you have to pay for the parking at USCIS in Tukwila. I seem to recall that I had to pay when I went for biometrics. Anyone know if that's the case? And do they take cards? I never carry cash and the closest ATM that doesn't charge me a fee is 75 miles away in Olympia. 

I had to pay $8. I used Card. 

9 hours ago, AlexUSA said:

But remember, most embassies are now closed due to COVID. Not sure if it's only for Visas or also citizens. What is the delay in your country embassy if they are open for citizens? Remember, life before COVID, is not the same after COVID. 

On 3/3/2021 at 12:24 PM, Love_Victoria said:

Does anybody know realistic passport processing timelines? 

We applied for expedited passport but the time line reads 4-6 weeks. Just want to know if others have a better experience. 

It took 3.5 weeks for me to get passport in hand from the date of application. I had also applied for expedited service . I applied on 01/04 and got it in fourth week of Jan

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, SHV said:

Update: my interview in Seattle was 24 Feb. I just got a notice today (5 March) for an oath ceremony 25 of March. 

Does anyone know how long the oath ceremony is now given COVID, and what COVID precautions they are taking for in person oath ceremonies?

I do not know the answer to your question but I must admit I am surprised by your situation because I was told by a colleague that he had his oath administered the same day of his interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
20 hours ago, MGMA said:

But remember, most embassies are now closed due to COVID. Not sure if it's only for Visas or also citizens. What is the delay in your country embassy if they are open for citizens? Remember, life before COVID, is not the same after COVID. 

You can get a Passport in 3 days and even SAME day by showing need at the of the gov passport agencies.  There are only about 25 around the nation but if you a lucky and near one it is very quick.   The process is a simple call to your passport Agency and using the automated phone system schedule your appointment - you can not talk a person.  You need to bring all your documents filled out, passport photos and show proof of need - which is ONLY a copy of your booked airfare.  If you want same day passport try to book an early appointment.     It costs and additional 60.00.     

travel . state . gov / content/travel/en/passports/get-fast/passport-agencies. html

3 hours ago, Wayne- said:

You can get a Passport in 3 days and even SAME day by showing need at the of the gov passport agencies.  There are only about 25 around the nation but if you a lucky and near one it is very quick.   The process is a simple call to your passport Agency and using the automated phone system schedule your appointment - you can not talk a person.  You need to bring all your documents filled out, passport photos and show proof of need - which is ONLY a copy of your booked airfare.  If you want same day passport try to book an early appointment.     It costs and additional 60.00.     

travel . state . gov / content/travel/en/passports/get-fast/passport-agencies. html

I am near one, but around Feb we checked, and they were closed due to COVID. They would only allow his for life or death event and supper emergencies, that you can prove. Are they open now to public?

16 hours ago, Ashi2ash said:

I applied December 2019 biometric done December 2019!! Is there any chances I get interview for April!? It’s been 15 months already!! Seattle office too slow for citizenship 

They are currently scheduling people who filed early October 2019 so I guess you are another 2-3 months out, depending on the date you filed in December. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

I recently applied for naturalization. I received my family based green card almost 6 years ago. My biometric was taken in US Embassy of  my country of origin. I entered USA for the first time as a LPR. So really never needed to provide my fingerprint in USCIS office here in USA. But I traveled overseas couple times in the meantime and gave finger print at airport. Did anyone receive ‘biometric reuse notice’ with a similar situation of mine? Thanks 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.