Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, MGMA said:

One of the biggest mistakes I have done, was not moving, but it's to late for me now if expecting things within the next 6 months. At the time, the wait time was like 10 months, and I was fine with that. Then COVID hit, and everything have changed. Now as COVID is calming down, do you think they will start to process faster? It's really your call. Just make a research where you could move to and understand what does it mean and how long you have to wait for your case to be transferred, then how long you need to establish residency in that state, and if that will be added on top of your wait time there. 

I just did a little research and seems like there's a 90-day policy to establish new legal "residency" at the new state. Considering the time needed to transfer the case to the new state, I don't think it worth it to move just to expedite the process.

49 minutes ago, JFH said:

I think @Shivoham had an interview today. It will be interesting to hear what the oath situation was today. 

uuggghhh!    I was supposed to have interview today, but it didn't happen. I went there and they said the will reschedule my interview (hopefully within a month) because i had an international travel within last 14 days. I showed them my covid negative report post travel but that didn't help. 

9 hours ago, Shivoham said:

uuggghhh!    I was supposed to have interview today, but it didn't happen. I went there and they said the will reschedule my interview (hopefully within a month) because i had an international travel within last 14 days. I showed them my covid negative report post travel but that didn't help. 

Did they find out or you filled out some form of international travel history?

1 hour ago, Love_Victoria said:

Does anybody know realistic passport processing timelines? 

We applied for expedited passport but the time line reads 4-6 weeks. Just want to know if others have a better experience. 

Hi,

I shared my progress before, but I copied it here again. Hopefully, you hear the update soon.

N400 Apply: 08/12/2019
N400 Interview and oath: 01/27/2021
Passport Apply (regular processing): 01/29/2021 (I made this appointment at USPS as soon as my n400 interview was scheduled on 12/30/2020)
Passport was received by State Dept: 02/05/2021 (I was able to track my application since 2/5/2021)
Check cashed: 02/08/2021
Approved: 02/24/2021

Passport delivered: 2/27/2021 (It came from Tucson, AZ)
Naturalization certificate returned: 2/27/2021
Passport card delivered: 3/1/2021 (It came from Seattle, WA)

1 hour ago, Vasto_Lorde said:

I spoke to someone at my job who had their interview today and he told me that Seattle is still doing same day oath ceremonies.

That’s good to hear! Thank you for posting this news. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
56 minutes ago, Shivoham said:

How are people in King county finding the appointments for US passport? I am checking all locations in king county, none seem to have even a single date until april end, and it doesn't even give an option to book further in May. 

I stalked the USPS Scheduling page and got some something for the last week of March.

On 2/28/2021 at 2:03 PM, MGMA said:

OMG, I never know about issues using foreigner passport. I might be actually be in the same position in the summer while waiting for my interview/ passport, and thought I can travel with my home country passport. Do you know if you can reschedule the interview if it came while traveling? I heard rescheduling the interview could cause some trouble. 

Can one who just gets naturalized apply for first time a US passport outside US? (Go international travel, say home country, and apply the US passport at embassy/consulate there.)

I saw a link about "Apply Outside the United States" in dept of state's website. 

14 hours ago, ReasonableOrange8 said:

Can one who just gets naturalized apply for first time a US passport outside US? (Go international travel, say home country, and apply the US passport at embassy/consulate there.)

I saw a link about "Apply Outside the United States" in dept of state's website. 

I don't think you can do that for a first passport. Just as you can't apply completely online for a first passport and have to appear in person at an acceptance center or post office.

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

It's been many months since I had my biometrics done and I am trying to remember if you have to pay for the parking at USCIS in Tukwila. I seem to recall that I had to pay when I went for biometrics. Anyone know if that's the case? And do they take cards? I never carry cash and the closest ATM that doesn't charge me a fee is 75 miles away in Olympia. 

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

1 hour ago, JFH said:

It's been many months since I had my biometrics done and I am trying to remember if you have to pay for the parking at USCIS in Tukwila. I seem to recall that I had to pay when I went for biometrics. Anyone know if that's the case? And do they take cards? I never carry cash and the closest ATM that doesn't charge me a fee is 75 miles away in Olympia. 

You pay $7 with card when you drive through the parking gate. (In 2019) edited: maybe not... google says cash only.  But you can call republic parking to find out they manage that parking lot 

Edited by ReasonableOrange8

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.