Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, seahawk24 said:

I am Dec end filer. I am gearing up for June or July

Yea, I hear you. I am Jan, and most likely not gonna get something until August. I wish to find some Oct/ Nov filler which will give us some indicators when to expect an interview. 

35 minutes ago, MGMA said:

Yea, I hear you. I am Jan, and most likely not gonna get something until August. I wish to find some Oct/ Nov filler which will give us some indicators when to expect an interview. 

I’m September 30, 2019. I’ll be sure to post here when I get my interview date as that will be a good indicator of when they have started working the October files. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Happy to update this group that our interviews are done and we are citizens now.

The process was simple and very organized. We reached there early but were allowed to enter 15 mins before. 

The officer conducted the interview, took our GC and read out our oath. We got the documentation right away. The whole process took about 2 hours including the wait.

Passports are going to be another different story. Close-by post offices are booked till March 11 with no available slots :( 

Good luck to all of you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Love_Victoria said:

Happy to update this group that our interviews are done and we are citizens now.

The process was simple and very organized. We reached there early but were allowed to enter 15 mins before. 

The officer conducted the interview, took our GC and read out our oath. We got the documentation right away. The whole process took about 2 hours including the wait.

Passports are going to be another different story. Close-by post offices are booked till March 11 with no available slots :( 

Good luck to all of you

Congratulations!

4 hours ago, Love_Victoria said:

Good luck to all of you

Great - Hearty Congratulations !  How did that "name change' request go? I guess you had that question before.

19 hours ago, Love_Victoria said:

They told me that name change is possible ONLY with a court document. I just said "NO" to name change

Could someone provide more details on how this works? I thought if you request a name change on the naturalization application, you don't need to go through the court.

Is there an additional step? If so, should I just apply for that pre-emptively? Would it be through the regular process? 

On 2/10/2021 at 11:03 AM, Love_Victoria said:

Any reports on which office locations have shorter waits? I wouldn't mind driving somewhere farther to get it done sooner. Or is it not encouraged to do so? (Within the state, of course.)

On 2/9/2021 at 8:00 PM, JFH said:

I’m September 30, 2019. I’ll be sure to post here when I get my interview date as that will be a good indicator of when they have started working the October files. 

Yeah, early Nov here. Still nothing.

A friend who applied in August has their interview in mid-Jan.

8 hours ago, nikgon said:

Could someone provide more details on how this works? I thought if you request a name change on the naturalization application, you don't need to go through the court.

Is there an additional step? If so, should I just apply for that pre-emptively? Would it be through the regular process? 

Any reports on which office locations have shorter waits? I wouldn't mind driving somewhere farther to get it done sooner. Or is it not encouraged to do so? (Within the state, of course.)

Yeah, early Nov here. Still nothing.

A friend who applied in August has their interview in mid-Jan.

Keep us updated. 

For name change, in the auth it could be an officer or it could be a judge that is taking your auth. You have to be lucky to have a judge and currently with COVID, this is harder. To make it a smooth change, you can go through name change in your county court. Not sure how long is the process, but if you have everything done before your interview, you can give that to the officer and the officer will be able to use your new name in the oath. Hope this helps. 

Hi friends, had my interview on 2/10 and got my certificate. Filed on 8/23/2019.

Tips: 1. Civic test is Q&A, not multi selection. I didn’t realize it until the night before interview. 2. If you need to have passport really soon, filled in the form and bring the check with you to the post office a little bit before 1pm. The office open at 1. You are able to meet the staff and check with his/her capacity. I told him I got the paper in the morning and excited, all the papers were ready. He was happy for me and squeezed me in his line. It took him 10 minutes to get my application done.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 2/10/2021 at 3:56 PM, Love_Victoria said:

They told me that name change is possible ONLY with a court document. I just said "NO" to name change

I was wondering about this - I filed a petition for name change with my application, I guess it just won't be processed since there are no judicial ceremonies? I should probably get started on doing it via the court the non-USCIS route then.

6 hours ago, 2016to2021 said:

Hi friends, had my interview on 2/10 and got my certificate. Filed on 8/23/2019.

Tips: 1. Civic test is Q&A, not multi selection. I didn’t realize it until the night before interview. 2. If you need to have passport really soon, filled in the form and bring the check with you to the post office a little bit before 1pm. The office open at 1. You are able to meet the staff and check with his/her capacity. I told him I got the paper in the morning and excited, all the papers were ready. He was happy for me and squeezed me in his line. It took him 10 minutes to get my application done.

Congratulations! All done with USCIS. What a nice feeling that must be. 

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

22 hours ago, 2016to2021 said:

helpful information. Thanks for sharing. 

9 hours ago, MGMA said:

I know this is not something to rely on, but my wait time dropped suddenly from 2 month, to 24 days. Completion date still 3 month. 

That happened to me in November, I think. Maybe October? The countdown went down to zero and then the dreaded “we are taking longer than expected...” and I’m still stuck in that status. 

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

4 hours ago, JFH said:

That happened to me in November, I think. Maybe October? The countdown went down to zero and then the dreaded “we are taking longer than expected...” and I’m still stuck in that status. 

Yea, I know this is what will happen, but yours was 2 month, 1 month, then counter. Mine from 2 months to counting down directly. Anyway, I hard about more people even have few months estimation, and they started counters. The system always have some glitches. To me, not expecting anything before August, if I am lucky lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.