Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Love_Victoria said:

I hope its earlier than than! crossing fingers

Agree! February is my birthday so it would be nice to be done by then. But who knows? It’s all a mystery with the Seattle office. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

9 hours ago, Shivoham said:

From the rate of interviews, it looks like aug 2019 filers might get an interview call by Jan and  Sep 2019 filers by Feb. Wish you all well. 

This is assuming they get a month of applications every month, where this is not fact in normal processing times, so what is it during COVID? I am trying to be optimistic, but you can's assume very much here :(

17 hours ago, MGMA said:

This is assuming they get a month of applications every month, where this is not fact in normal processing times, so what is it during COVID? I am trying to be optimistic, but you can's assume very much here :(

based on official USCIS released reports on N400 processing, the speed of processing in Seattle office was about 1/3rd between April to June quarter compared to a normal (pre-Covid) quarter of Jan-March. it added 2000+ cases to the backlog. But offices were very much shut down until June first week so it is kind of expected. I am assuming now for third quarter July-Sept , the speed would be better than Q2 as offices are open although not returning to same speed of processing as Q1. Anyway nothing is in our hand here so just wait and watch. You are close now for sure

23 minutes ago, L1 & L2 said:

based on official USCIS released reports on N400 processing, the speed of processing in Seattle office was about 1/3rd between April to June quarter compared to a normal (pre-Covid) quarter of Jan-March. it added 2000+ cases to the backlog. But offices were very much shut down until June first week so it is kind of expected. I am assuming now for third quarter July-Sept , the speed would be better than Q2 as offices are open although not returning to same speed of processing as Q1. Anyway nothing is in our hand here so just wait and watch. You are close now for sure

Thanks for sharing. Where does one find such official reports? 

33 minutes ago, Shivoham said:

Thanks for sharing. Where does one find such official reports? 

https://www.uscis.gov/tools/reports-and-studies/immigration-and-citizenship-data?topic_id[]=33692&ddt_mon=&ddt_yr=&query=&items_per_page=10

Look for N400 reports. They have not uploaded Q3 report yet. It is available only until Q2-2020

Or here are direct links from same parent URL:

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/reports/N400_performancedata_fy2020_qtr3.pdf

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/data/N400_performancedata_fy2020_qtr2.pdf

Edited by L1 & L2

5 hours ago, L1 & L2 said:

Those are good reports, we can make some math out of them. I will play around it tomorrow. The last report delivered was April-June, they did not even bother to release June-Sept? We should get Sept-Dec, soon, but even Q3 is not out. The link above for Q3 is the same for Q2 

On 12/11/2020 at 9:10 PM, MGMA said:

Those are good reports, we can make some math out of them. I will play around it tomorrow. The last report delivered was April-June, they did not even bother to release June-Sept? We should get Sept-Dec, soon, but even Q3 is not out. The link above for Q3 is the same for Q2 

They calculate start of year from October and not Jan hence their Q3 means Q2 in normal definition of calendar year 🙂  To be fair with USCIS and just like many other impacted businesses with COVID pandemic, the reporting activity will be surely lower priority for them right now. So I do not think that they are not bothering about reports but it is about relative priority.  Yes it is a painful wait game for applicants like us and I hope there are some broad measures taken by USCIS to improve speed of N400 processing in Seattle area and USA overall.

In our Google Spreadsheet tracker, I introduced a new column (Date Interview notification received online ) in the tracker and filled in for couple last cases. Together with the 'Interview Date' column, this will help us estimate the general notice period they are giving these days (helps with Vacation planning etc)

Also, i see an entry with has a filing date of 07/07/2019 but doesn't have a username. If that's you, could you please let us know if you have received the interview notification yet? 

Here is the tracker link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FcItCasVItCDsUNEbDu15IRQ-AbDMRJWsiljwtz5WRI/edit#gid=1497976778&fvid=1704592725

Thanks. 

21 minutes ago, Shivoham said:

In our Google Spreadsheet tracker, I introduced a new column (Date Interview notification received online ) in the tracker and filled in for couple last cases. Together with the 'Interview Date' column, this will help us estimate the general notice period they are giving these days (helps with Vacation planning etc)

Also, i see an entry with has a filing date of 07/07/2019 but doesn't have a username. If that's you, could you please let us know if you have received the interview notification yet? 

Here is the tracker link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FcItCasVItCDsUNEbDu15IRQ-AbDMRJWsiljwtz5WRI/edit#gid=1497976778&fvid=1704592725

Thanks. 

From last 3 cases for interviews, It generally seems that they are roughly giving a month's notice to people for interviews. An immigration attorney had told me this summer that they were giving even just a week's notice some times, so that seems to have changed, I believe now. 

So I contacted the Ombudsman with a complaint about the disparity between processing times (despite no disparity between the application fees). I pointed out that in any other state my filing date in September 2019 would have almost certainly seen me voting in the election last month but we are being robbed in western Washington purely because of our location. I asked them to explain what measures are being put in place to reduce the backlog in Seattle. 

They obviously completely misunderstood my email because I have received a reply saying that I am within normal processing time for Seattle and they cannot help me at this stage. Whilst it would have been nice to get my case moved forward, the point of my email was the overall tardiness in Seattle that does not seem to be improving. How can the same form be adjudicated in 3 months in one state but it takes close to 18 months in Seattle? They all have the same equipment, they are all working to the same procedures and rules. Clearly there is a staff shortage or staff morale issue in Seattle and this usually can be traced back to poor management. 

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

We received the interview notice and updated the spreadsheet with the interview date.  My wife has been continuing to study non-stop, hoping to report some good news in the new year.  Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year all!

D&V Chu

K-1 Journey:
D (Hong Kong applicant) & V (US Citizen Petitioner) @ Seattle
***Commenced K-1 Fiance Visa Process on 11/28/14 and Completed K-1 Fiance Visa Process on 04/02/2015 - Timespan for K-1 Visa = 125 days (4 months)

***Commenced Adjustment of Status (AOS) Process on 06/09/2015 and Completed Adjustment of Status (AOS) Process on 02/03/2016 - Timespan for I-551 = 240 days (8 months)

***Commenced Removal of Conditions (ROC) Process on 10/25/2017 and Completed Removal of Conditions (ROC) Process on 10/23/2019 - Timespan for ROC and 10-year Green Card = 728 days

***Commenced Naturalization N-400 Process on 07/14/2019

2019 Jul 14 - N-400: D submited N-400 application, paid filing fee on USCIS Online Filing website.  IOE Receipt number issued.

2019 Jul 29 - N-400: D received official I-797C, Notice of Action for Biometrics appointment via mail - 15 days

2019 Aug 08 - N-400: D completes Biometrics Appointment at USCIS ASC Seattle (Tukwila, WA) - 10 days

2020 Dec 14 - N-400: D received official I-797C, Notice of Action for Interview Appointment on 01/05/2021 - 4 days

2020 Jan 01 - N-400: Processing time during COVID-19 Pandemic ~16 months

2021 Jan 05 - N-400: D attended N-400 Naturalization Interview at USCIS Seattle Field Office (Tukwila, WA) - 20 days

2021 Jan 05 - N-400: D passed interview/test, was recommended for Approval and scheduled for same day Oath Ceremony.

***Completed Naturalization N-400 Process on 01/05/2021 - Timespan for US Citizenship = 415 days

N-400 July / August 2019 Filers

N-400 Seattle Tracker

53 minutes ago, Daisy&Vincent said:

We received the interview notice and updated the spreadsheet with the interview date.  My wife has been continuing to study non-stop, hoping to report some good news in the new year.  Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year all!

Pleased to hear you finally have an interview date! 

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.