CoffeeVegan

Detroit N400 filers

926 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
11 hours ago, Portugreece said:

That’s the writing test though. What I meant is an officer would randomly ask a word in the middle of the N400 interview. There’s a story where I read that an officer asked what “Oath of Allegiance” means. 

The only definitions that I have seen that might be asked so far, are things like.

Do you understand what taking an oat means?

Do you understand what a citation is?

Maybe the definition of taking arms.

But it does not seem like a very common request, have you had your interview scheduled yet?

1 hour ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

A quick google search and I came up with this article.
https://usahello.org/citizenship/prepare/n400-vocabulary/

This is awesome! Thanks a lot! 

1 hour ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

The only definitions that I have seen that might be asked so far, are things like.

Do you understand what taking an oat means?

Do you understand what a citation is?

Maybe the definition of taking arms.

But it does not seem like a very common request, have you had your interview scheduled yet?

Yes I am scheduled on January 27. I hope it isn’t common in the Detroit office 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Portugreece said:

Yes I am scheduled on January 27. I hope it isn’t common in the Detroit office 

@Alexabbas334 and I are interviewing next week, so expect an update coming right after the interview.

2 minutes ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

@Alexabbas334 and I are interviewing next week, so expect an update coming right after the interview.

Oh wow! I wish you both luck! You can do it! 

Edited by Portugreece

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Portugreece said:

Oh wow! I wish you luck! You can do it! 

I am just hoping that I do not shut down, I am trying to keep calm, but at times in stressful situations, I can get a little bit of panic attacks, so I have been working on controlling my emotions for the past few weeks.

But I do think that I am well prepared for the interview.

Also, I got my book ready 

20210108_133229.jpg

20210108_133103.jpg

Edited by xOldBenKenobiX

12 hours ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

I am just hoping that I do not shut down, I am trying to keep calm, but at times in stressful situations, I can get a little bit of panic attacks, so I have been working on controlling my emotions for the past few weeks.

But I do think that I am well prepared for the interview.

Also, I got my book ready 

20210108_133229.jpg

20210108_133103.jpg

Wow! I got the same binder like yours lol! I have bad anxiety too, don’t worry it’ll be smooth sailing  for you once you’re there. 

11 hours ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

Thanks a lot! You’ve been very helpful! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
13 hours ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

Good luck tomorrow @Alexabbas334

Hey buddy! Thank you! I just got back and thought I would check and see how it went with you. I tried to look for you however I was already called in around 8:15 or so and then made exit out the other way so I didnt see you. 

My interview went well. The civics questions I was asked were: 

1. when was the constitution of the US written? 
2. what are the two rights of every person in the declaration of independence?

3. Who vetos bills?

4. Capital of the United States? 

5. Why did the people move to the United States? 

6. What is one duty that only US Citizens have?

I got all of them correct. Then she asked me to speak a statement on the Ipad and then write it down. Went through all the questions in my application. A couple of questions regarding my work phone number had changed. She also asked me about my marriage, my children and where I work. Eventually she said she cannot make a decission today as my application needs to be reviewed by a supervisor. My attorney was on the phone all the time. 

I will keep you guys posted once I hear either way. Good luck to everyone else! 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Alexabbas334 said:

Hey buddy! Thank you! I just got back and thought I would check and see how it went with you. I tried to look for you however I was already called in around 8:15 or so and then made exit out the other way so I didnt see you. 

My interview went well. The civics questions I was asked were: 

1. when was the constitution of the US written? 
2. what are the two rights of every person in the declaration of independence?

3. Who vetos bills?

4. Capital of the United States? 

5. Why did the people move to the United States? 

6. What is one duty that only US Citizens have?

I got all of them correct. Then she asked me to speak a statement on the Ipad and then write it down. Went through all the questions in my application. A couple of questions regarding my work phone number had changed. She also asked me about my marriage, my children and where I work. Eventually she said she cannot make a decission today as my application needs to be reviewed by a supervisor. My attorney was on the phone all the time. 

I will keep you guys posted once I hear either way. Good luck to everyone else! 

My interview was at 11:20, so we didn't get there until 10.

I had a favorable decision, so now I'm waiting for the oath ceremony notification. 

I hope your decision is fast and favorable. 

I'll put a recap of my experience later on. 

Timeline

So here in my experience. 

We arrived early, my appointment was aq 11:20, and we were there at 10:10, I waited to go in a 11,they sent me back out to wait until 11:05.

I came back in, passed the initial entry and metal detector. 

Went to the kyosk in the waiting area, was office checked in, I was reminded to turn off my cell phone and wait for my name to be called. 

At that point I waited to be called in, the case agent came and got me, the agent scalded a woman near me for being on her phone, as this was a phone free area. 

During the walk to his office he asked if he had pronounced my last name correctly. 

We had a pleasant chat about the difference in using r and rr both in Portuguese and Spanish. 

And how his ex wife was Brazilian too. 

Once in the office, he complemented me on my English and the actual lack of an accent. 

He explained how the interview was structured, and made a funny comment on how in each of my photos, passport, green card and driver's license, I'm always looking angry. I confess I'm not photogenic. 

We than did the civics part.

My questions were:

What is the Supreme law of the land?
The constitution.

How many amendments does the constitution have?

What does the constitution do?
Sets up the government.

Before being a president, what war did Eisenhower fought?
World War 2.

What happened on September 11th of 2001?
Terrorists attacked the US.

Name two us holidays?
Presidents day and independence day.

He had me read:
"what do you pay the federal government?"
And write
We pay taxes.

We talked a little bit about other things, he asked me if I wanted to change my name, I expressed that my wife would not letting me become known is Kenobi, the agent himself was a star wars fan, I showed him my baby Yoda socks, he showed me his venom ones, we talked about movies and the mandalorian. 
He sworn me in, and we revised the 50 yes or no questions. 
I also explained my ticket citations. 
Nothing hard, the interview was very fast and easy. 
We talked about routers and moderns, I work on IT. 
I was done with it by 11:45.
We ended with. 
May The force be with you.
Overall the process was very easy and surprisingly quick. 

Now I'm just waiting for the oath ceremony to be scheduled. 

20210113_131531.jpg

3 minutes ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

So here in my experience. 

We arrived early, my appointment was aq 11:20, and we were there at 10:10, I waited to go in a 11,they sent me back out to wait until 11:05.

I came back in, passed the initial entry and metal detector. 

Went to the kyosk in the waiting area, was office checked in, I was reminded to turn off my cell phone and wait for my name to be called. 

At that point I waited to be called in, the case agent came and got me, the agent scalded a woman near me for being on her phone, as this was a phone free area. 

During the walk to his office he asked if he had pronounced my last name correctly. 

We had a pleasant chat about the difference in using r and rr both in Portuguese and Spanish. 

And how his ex wife was Brazilian too. 

Once in the office, he complemented me on my English and the actual lack of an accent. 

He explained how the interview was structured, and made a funny comment on how in each of my photos, passport, green card and driver's license, I'm always looking angry. I confess I'm not photogenic. 

We than did the civics part.

My questions were:

What is the Supreme law of the land?
The constitution.

How many amendments does the constitution have?

What does the constitution do?
Sets up the government.

Before being a president, what war did Eisenhower fought?
World War 2.

What happened on September 11th of 2001?
Terrorists attacked the US.

Name two us holidays?
Presidents day and independence day.

He had me read:
"what do you pay the federal government?"
And write
We pay taxes.

We talked a little bit about other things, he asked me if I wanted to change my name, I expressed that my wife would not letting me become known is Kenobi, the agent himself was a star wars fan, I showed him my baby Yoda socks, he showed me his venom ones, we talked about movies and the mandalorian. 
He sworn me in, and we revised the 50 yes or no questions. 
I also explained my ticket citations. 
Nothing hard, the interview was very fast and easy. 
We talked about routers and moderns, I work on IT. 
I was done with it by 11:45.
We ended with. 
May The force be with you.
Overall the process was very easy and surprisingly quick. 

Now I'm just waiting for the oath ceremony to be scheduled. 

20210113_131531.jpg

Oh wow I’m so happy for you! Congratulations!!! So there’s no vocabularies asked? 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Portugreece said:

Oh wow I’m so happy for you! Congratulations!!! So there’s no vocabularies asked? 

Nope, not at all during my interview. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.