CoffeeVegan

Detroit N400 filers

926 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Cheese_lover33 said:

Hi, just curious about whether Detroit Field Office offers same-day interview and Oath? Thanks.

No, they don’t. But they hold oath ceremonies pretty often. Mine was 11 days after my interview.

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

22 minutes ago, JlovesA said:

No, they don’t. But they hold oath ceremonies pretty often. Mine was 11 days after my interview.

Thank you! 🙂  Also there are a few ways to check the case status, My USCIS account, the Case Status Check, etc, or email notification... which one would you say is the most reliable source to keep an eye on? Do you always receive an email notification first? 

Thanks!

8 minutes ago, Cheese_lover33 said:

Thank you! 🙂  Also there are a few ways to check the case status, My USCIS account, the Case Status Check, etc, or email notification... which one would you say is the most reliable source to keep an eye on? Do you always receive an email notification first? 

Thanks!

I had SMS notification.

Timeline
On 12/7/2020 at 1:56 PM, Cheese_lover33 said:

Thanks!

I found the email notification to be the quickest. The old case status website (egov.uscis.gov) was also a few hours faster updating than my.uscis.gov. I found the SMS to be the slowest (it didn't tell me until a day later when something had happened). 

22 minutes ago, JlovesA said:

I found the email notification to be the quickest. The old case status website (egov.uscis.gov) was also a few hours faster updating than my.uscis.gov. I found the SMS to be the slowest (it didn't tell me until a day later when something had happened). 

Thanks for your insights! How do I know whether my email is on file? is it a default as long as I submitted my application and it contains my email? then I would assume I will receive an email? Cause this way, I don't need to log on to the my.uscis.gov account daily, only long on until I receive an email notification, correct? Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I took your advice and called up USCIS :) My interview will be on the 13th of January. 

On 12/7/2020 at 10:59 AM, JlovesA said:

Congrats!! I called USCIS to find out when mine was, I was too impatient to wait. Did you file online? The letter should show up on my.USCIS.gov in a day or two.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Cheese_lover33 said:

Thanks for your insights! How do I know whether my email is on file? is it a default as long as I submitted my application and it contains my email? then I would assume I will receive an email? Cause this way, I don't need to log on to the my.uscis.gov account daily, only long on until I receive an email notification, correct? Thanks!

I have an account on the old egov.USCIS.gov site. Once you add your case number to it, you can select to have it email and/or text you with updates.

I’m not sure if that’s where my email notifications came from or if they came from the newer site. I have email and mobile alerts turned on there, too. If you log into my.uscis.gov, go to My Account, and then Settings. You’ll see everything there. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

First time poster here. 

I've, as many here applied for citizenship earlier this year, April 23rd to be exact. 

I live around metro Detroit, and had not heard anything back until Oct 28th, when I got the note of reuse for my bio metrics. 

I now got the note that my appointment is set for mid January. 

Please if you are comfortable with sharing it, could you share how your recent interviews had gone, specially in the Detroit field office. 

What obstacles have you encountered? 

If you have had the request denied, what were the grounds for it? 

Best regards 

EC

Edited by xOldBenKenobiX

Timeline
11 hours ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

First time poster here. 

I've, as many here applied for citizenship earlier this year, April 23rd to be exact. 

I live around metro Detroit, and had not heard anything back until Oct 28th, when I got the note of reuse for my bio metrics. 

I now got the note that my appointment is set for mid January. 

Please if you are comfortable with sharing it, could you share how your recent interviews had gone, specially in the Detroit field office. 

What obstacles have you encountered? 

If you have had the request denied, what were the grounds for it? 

Best regards 

EC

Looks like our interviews will be around the same time in Detroit. Best of luck :) 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Alexabbas334 said:

Looks like our interviews will be around the same time in Detroit. Best of luck :) 

Exactly the same day, I saw your earlier post, the 13th at 11:20 is when I am scheduled to be interview, good luck to you too

Timeline
On 12/11/2020 at 9:45 AM, xOldBenKenobiX said:

Exactly the same day, I saw your earlier post, the 13th at 11:20 is when I am scheduled to be interview, good luck to you too

haha! That is awesome bud! Maybe we will run into each other :) I will have my attorney with me. What kind of documentation are you preparing? I am working on getting reference letters from colleague and friends. 

By the way have you gotten your NOA? I have not received the paper copy yet. It was not in the mail. Perhaps on monday now!

Timeline
57 minutes ago, Alexabbas334 said:

haha! That is awesome bud! Maybe we will run into each other :) I will have my attorney with me. What kind of documentation are you preparing? I am working on getting reference letters from colleague and friends. 

By the way have you gotten your NOA? I have not received the paper copy yet. It was not in the mail. Perhaps on monday now!

That would be awesome to run into other people there.

I'm going solo. 

I'm taking a copy of the n400 application. 

IDs, drivers license, passport and green card. 

Support documents. 

Marriage certificate and license, my wife's and son's birth certificates, both original and copies. 

3 years worth of tax returns, as we filed together. 

A couple of pay stubs as well as the proof of health insurance. 

Copy of our lease, also has both of our names. 

Original and copies of our car tittles, both my wife's and mine name are in the tittles. 

Selected services dismissal letter, as I was already here between 18 and 26.

The original green card case and supporting documentation. 

And a lot of hope. 

What type of documentation are you taking? 

Edited by xOldBenKenobiX

Timeline
10 minutes ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

I'm going solo. 

Support documents. 

Marriage certificate and license, my wife's and son's birth certificates, both original and copies. 

Original and copies of our car tittles, both my wife's and mine name are in the tittles. 

And a lot of hope. 

No NOA yet

Timeline
On 12/12/2020 at 7:39 PM, xOldBenKenobiX said:

I'm going solo. 

Support documents. 

And a lot of hope. 

I am taking pretty much everything you stated besides the marriage stuff as I am not married. I am taking about 5-7 reference letter from my friends and colleagues also. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.