CoffeeVegan

Detroit N400 filers

926 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

@spielerin Maybe they read my story and took pity.  Or, maybe my mother helped from up above. But, ironically, I just received an e-mail this morning (8:20 am) saying my Oath Ceremony has been scheduled!  I signed into my online account but, the letter with the date, place and time isn't uploaded yet.  I hope it uploads later today.  What a coincidence!  I'm happy none the less.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, stormnut42 said:

@spielerin Maybe they read my story and took pity.  Or, maybe my mother helped from up above. But, ironically, I just received an e-mail this morning (8:20 am) saying my Oath Ceremony has been scheduled!  I signed into my online account but, the letter with the date, place and time isn't uploaded yet.  I hope it uploads later today.  What a coincidence!  I'm happy none the less.  

BIG CONGRATS!!!

I-751 (ROC) Approved

08.18.2018 I-751 extended for 18 months (through October 2019)

04.24.2019 Combo Interview (with N-400) approved

N-400 Approved

01.01.2019 Qualified for N-400 application

01.02.2019 Filed N-400 Online

01.22.2019 Biometrics Appointment

03.18.2019 Interview Scheduled (USCIS text notification & appointment letter online)

04.24.2019 Combo Interview (with ROC) approved

05.16.2019 Oath Ceremony

3 hours ago, stormnut42 said:

Congrats ... Such a coincidence, but hey you will take it huh. lol... Enjoy the moment you have deserved it.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My Oath Ceremony is on Friday, April 19th in Holland, MI at a library there.  That's a 90 minute drive northwest for me but, I guess that's the closest and soonest one they could schedule.  It's at 9am too and I'll probably have to get there about 30 minutes early so, we'll have to leave at like 6:30am!!!  

I find ironic that it's in Holland, MI...  I am a blue-as-can-be Democrat/liberal and Holland, Michigan is the most conservative city in the whole state!  Sometimes politicians attend Oath Ceremonies, I hope I don't get into any arguments if there are any Republicans there. LOL 😆

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
1 hour ago, stormnut42 said:

My Oath Ceremony is on Friday, April 19th in Holland, MI at a library there.  That's a 90 minute drive northwest for me but, I guess that's the closest and soonest one they could schedule.  It's at 9am too and I'll probably have to get there about 30 minutes early so, we'll have to leave at like 6:30am!!!  

I find ironic that it's in Holland, MI...  I am a blue-as-can-be Democrat/liberal and Holland, Michigan is the most conservative city in the whole state!  Sometimes politicians attend Oath Ceremonies, I hope I don't get into any arguments if there are any Republicans there. LOL 😆

Dude!!!!

We need to shake hand! See you at the library!lol

Just kidding, my appointment is at 12.30 (same place and day by the way). So the chance we will see each other really slim. but hey, we both get the the ceremony date and close this wonderful journey! congrats, man! See you on the other side: The side of US citizen!

event.png

Can anybody please advice below questions as i have Interview on April 10th.

1. On Part 10. Information About Your Marital History (continued) in my application the question 8. i was put 0 instead of 1, i misread at that time. do i need to correct at the time of Interview, right here is the question. 

Q).How many times has your current spouse been married (including annulled marriages, marriages to other people, and marriages to the same person)? If your current spouse has been married before, provide the following information about your current spouse's prior spouse.

2. Part 12. Additional Information About You (Person Applying for Naturalization) (continued).. for the 23 question

23. Have you EVER been arrested, cited, or detained by any law enforcement officer (including any immigration official or any official of the U.S. armed forces) for any reason?  I was put 'NO' for this at that time i am not sure  what i have to put there.  Actually I have one Traffic ticket(Accident but nothing injured) on May 2015 and the fine was i think $171, I just went the Court and paid the amount , finally i found the Report and Paid Receipt also.

Could you please suggest me what i have to do about this.. Do i need to inform to IO  this at the time of Interview ?  or only to tell if they ask this question? I am little bit confusing about this what i have to do.

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Hello everyone.

I applied for naturalization under the 5 year rule,  my paper works was not too bad.  Two weeks ago I got my bio-metrics done , how long does it take for Detroit to schedule the interview ? , also , myuscis account shows the processing time is about 10 months? , is this just an estimation ? .

thank you. 

23 hours ago, mohan7 said:

1. On Part 10. Information About Your Marital History (continued) in my application the question 8. i was put 0 instead of 1, i misread at that time. do i need to correct at the time of Interview, right here is the question. 

Q).How many times has your current spouse been married (including annulled marriages, marriages to other people, and marriages to the same person)? If your current spouse has been married before, provide the following information about your current spouse's prior spouse.

2. Part 12. Additional Information About You (Person Applying for Naturalization) (continued).. for the 23 question

23. Have you EVER been arrested, cited, or detained by any law enforcement officer (including any immigration official or any official of the U.S. armed forces) for any reason?  I was put 'NO' for this at that time i am not sure  what i have to put there.  Actually I have one Traffic ticket(Accident but nothing injured) on May 2015 and the fine was i think $171, I just went the Court and paid the amount , finally i found the Report and Paid Receipt also.

Could you please suggest me what i have to do about this.. Do i need to inform to IO  this at the time of Interview ?  or only to tell if they ask this question? I am little bit confusing about this what i have to do.

Thanks

for 1. you can correct at the interview.

for 2. I guess it's asking for a criminal offense. I do not think it is important (unless someone has more experience recommend something else)

10 hours ago, RodDetroit said:

Hello everyone.

I applied for naturalization under the 5 year rule,  my paper works was not too bad.  Two weeks ago I got my bio-metrics done , how long does it take for Detroit to schedule the interview ? , also , myuscis account shows the processing time is about 10 months? , is this just an estimation ? .

thank you. 

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

now it shows 6.5 t0 15 month. 6.5 is the %50 of the cases. As far as your uscis account (also ours have the similar numbers), I guess they put a number in a very worst case scenario and also they can change it anytime. Usually it takes less than that time but in this process there is nothing for sure. Also you can check the timelines in the forum. 

12 minutes ago, trky said:

for 1. you can correct at the interview.

for 2. I guess it's asking for a criminal offense. I do not think it is important (unless someone has more experience recommend something else)

I added an example from another forum. A real life experience;

"The questions are simple; have you committed a CRIME? If your traffic infarctions are criminally related then you can worry. A speeding ticket and your carpool mishandling are violations which you paid and were not incarcerated for but YES would be my answer, you were cited. Print your records of the incidents and take them with you to your interview JUST IN CASE"

"I answered no, then it came up at the interview I had a few tickets... they only cared if I had any pending as this time."

After this example: I would definitely mention about the tickets and be honest that when you were filing you did not understand exactly what they meant. Officer would be happy to hear that. Then, you can change to yes in your interview. 

I hope it helps

Edited by trky

On 4/2/2019 at 9:56 PM, trky said:

I added an example from another forum. A real life experience;

"The questions are simple; have you committed a CRIME? If your traffic infarctions are criminally related then you can worry. A speeding ticket and your carpool mishandling are violations which you paid and were not incarcerated for but YES would be my answer, you were cited. Print your records of the incidents and take them with you to your interview JUST IN CASE"

"I answered no, then it came up at the interview I had a few tickets... they only cared if I had any pending as this time."

After this example: I would definitely mention about the tickets and be honest that when you were filing you did not understand exactly what they meant. Officer would be happy to hear that. Then, you can change to yes in your interview. 

I hope it helps

Thank very much for the information trky!

My interview was scheduled. (egov website shows this statement). There is nothing in myuscis account yet (including anything regarding the interview scheduled statement) Also I did not get any notification of "interview in line or something similar). I will give other updates asap.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 10:18 PM, mohan7 said:

Thanks

My wife was cited for running a red light and had forgotten about it when she filed her N400.  She found all the information and took it to her interview and told the IO about it right off, and the IO did nothing with it.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Serbia
Timeline

Hi everyone 

I just got email from USCIS my interview is scheduled. I applied 02/07/19 I had my biometrics taken 02/25.

I have pending I-751 still in CSC.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, bms said:

Hi everyone 

I just got email from USCIS my interview is scheduled. I applied 02/07/19 I had my biometrics taken 02/25.

I have pending I-751 still in CSC.

Congrats.  The I751 may be in Detroit as well, I would expect a potential combo interview.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.