OscaN

K1 approved- NVC to Embassy

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hello, my fiance called today to NVC and they give her a case number. The lady explain that they sent the package to the embasy in Madrid, Spain, and we need to wait for a package to follow the instructions. 

I am not sure what is the next step, do I need to apply for the visa? or call the embassy in MADRID? I will appreciate any advice.

Thank you,

Oscar

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't know how it works in Spain but for me, i processed my k1 visa in Philippines. Once i got my case number you can track it in the usgov website and if it says ready that means your fianceè can schedule for Medical exam and then interview. She just needs an NVC letter which in our case was sent to my fiance (now husband) through email. You can send it to her and she can just print it( which i did). She needs to bring her passport too and 2 passport photos and payment for medical exam. You can search for more detailed things to bring. 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, NovaDC said:

I don't know how it works in Spain but for me, i processed my k1 visa in Philippines. Once i got my case number you can track it in the usgov website and if it says ready that means your fianceè can schedule for Medical exam and then interview. She just needs an NVC letter which in our case was sent to my fiance (now husband) through email. You can send it to her and she can just print it( which i did). She needs to bring her passport too and 2 passport photos and payment for medical exam. You can search for more detailed things to bring. 

Thank you!, I checked and it says (AT NVC). They have our email so I suppose that we will receive it before any regular mail. The form  to complete online is DS-160?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline
1 hour ago, OscaN said:

Hello, my fiance called today to NVC and they give her a case number. The lady explain that they sent the package to the embasy in Madrid, Spain, and we need to wait for a package to follow the instructions. 

I am not sure what is the next step, do I need to apply for the visa? or call the embassy in MADRID? I will appreciate any advice.

Thank you,

Oscar

First you have already applied for a visa. You are now waiting to be approved for that visa. Usually once an embassy receives the paperwork from the NVC, they will mail a packet ( #1) to you and your fiance. This is when you schedule your medical, get police report, photos, fill out forms,and anything else they want, and mail it back. Then they mail packet 2 which has the interview date.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Enigma11561 said:

First you have already applied for a visa. You are now waiting to be approved for that visa. Usually once an embassy receives the paperwork from the NVC, they will mail a packet ( #1) to you and your fiance. This is when you schedule your medical, get police report, photos, fill out forms,and anything else they want, and mail it back. Then they mail packet 2 which has the interview date.

Thank You! I have all paperwork ready, just waiting for police report from my original country. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Enigma11561 said:

First of all, they have NOT applied for the visa.  The visa application is the DS-160 and they have not done this yet.  They only have an approved petition which allows them to apply for the visa at the Embassy

YMMV

Timeline
8 minutes ago, payxibka said:

First of all, they have NOT applied for the visa.  The visa application is the DS-160 and they have not done this yet.  They only have an approved petition which allows them to apply for the visa at the Embassy

Yes, the visa application is form DS-160 

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello , I have been waiting for packet # 3 for 18 days. The NVC sent them to the embassy in Madrid since March 19. At the website said : READY. Does anyone knows how long it can takes until they mail the packet? I already apply for DS-160, and I have all the paperwork ready. Should I email the embassy or just wait?. Appreciate any advice. Thanks

• 2 months later...

What ended up happening? Our case is now being "sent" to Madrid. How long did you have to wait for "packet 3?" And once you received it, how long did you have to wait for your appointment in Madrid? It seems like Spain is extra slow on the process and we have no idea how much longer we are going to have to wait :( Any information would be very helpful! Thank you!!!! 

• 5 months later...
Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
On 3/15/2018 at 12:16 AM, OscaN said:

Thank You! I have all paperwork ready, just waiting for police report from my original country. 

Hi! I know I am late to the party, but did you need a Certificado policial or just the Certificado de antecedentes penales (es decir, el que cuesta unos 4 euros y te dan al momento???)

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
On 7/7/2018 at 9:50 AM, sarahsad said:

What ended up happening? Our case is now being "sent" to Madrid. How long did you have to wait for "packet 3?" And once you received it, how long did you have to wait for your appointment in Madrid? It seems like Spain is extra slow on the process and we have no idea how much longer we are going to have to wait :( Any information would be very helpful! Thank you!!!! 

Hey! What happened with yours? Just got NOA2 about 2 weeks ago so hoping I will be dealing with the embassy soon. Is our embassy super slow for real? I was hoping it would be the opposite.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.