3,014 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, Weldonboy said:

The essence of notarizing the witness statement is to prove that the affidavit is signed in the presence of a notary by the individual making the statement in this case your witnesses. The template is just a guide as for them to assert all necessary information however, it is not expected the the entire content of such affidavit will be the same for all the witnesses. If you are sure sure the witness statement has just the same template but different context then it won’t be deemed a fraud. Relax!

Thank you very much!!!! it's just the template (format) that is the same, the content is different because it was written by each witness. What worries me is that I read in the forum and Sandra who really knows a lot about Vawa believes that USCIS when they see that the format is the same although the content is different they consider it fraud because they assume that the same person wrote all the letters. But really it's not so! It is not fraud! Thank you very much for your comment!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Florecita_Bella said:

Thank you very much!!!! it's just the template (format) that is the same, the content is different because it was written by each witness. What worries me is that I read in the forum and Sandra who really knows a lot about Vawa believes that USCIS when they see that the format is the same although the content is different they consider it fraud because they assume that the same person wrote all the letters. But really it's not so! It is not fraud! Thank you very much for your comment!

I see you are still new, do not get overwhelmed at all, you already submitted your paper work, I do not see the reason why you shaken, whatever they wrote was what they witnessed, it's up to the immigration officer to work on it, as per now leave it to God, He is able 

Edited by Ziongirl

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, Florecita_Bella said:

Hello everyone it's been while since I've posted anything I'm still new to this forum I'm more a silent reader before my question this is how my timeline looks up to today 

NOVEMBER 3RD 2016 my case was recieved 

DECEMBER 5 2016 biometrics

DDECEMBER 6 2016 prima facie 

MAY 2017 prima facie extension 

NOVEMBER 2017 Prima facie extension 

JANUARY 2018 RFE

MARCH 2018 RFE RESPONCE RECIVED 

MAY 2018 I got my Ead on the 18th of this month ..

My question is in the uscis website this is the update for my 1360 

Can anyone tell me what this means?

Screenshot_20180527-150337_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, Cindygodisgood1 said:

Hello everyone it's been while since I've posted anything I'm still new to this forum I'm more a silent reader before my question this is how my timeline looks up to today 

NOVEMBER 3RD 2016 my case was recieved 

DECEMBER 5 2016 biometrics

DDECEMBER 6 2016 prima facie 

MAY 2017 prima facie extension 

NOVEMBER 2017 Prima facie extension 

JANUARY 2018 RFE

MARCH 2018 RFE RESPONCE RECIVED 

MAY 2018 I got my Ead on the 18th of this month ..

My question is in the uscis website this is the update for my 1360 

Can anyone tell me what this means?

Screenshot_20180527-150337_Chrome.jpg

It's your work authorization card update

2 hours ago, Florecita_Bella said:

Don't get paranoid. I did and still do though. It's all filed so all we can do is wait. It'll get easier over time but just try to enjoy the start of your new life. Problems can be resolved. Worrying over what's done will not help you. Just try and forget it. You'll be ok

@MJM2001 I was also given a template by my attorney and the intention is to make uniform and I submitted my witness letters and did not have much evidence as records as mine was more mental abuse. The point I want to share to keep the hope is that my case was approved and waiting on my I-485.

Don't loose hope and think positive and it will be difficult to interpret any suggestions when you think with fear and stressed. I was under tremendous stress and depressed and missed living life I wanted. Just enjoy this silence or wait period by investing time on something you will benefit in future when you get your EAD etc. I read all the old posts which are on other parts as well and connecting to people in this forum really helped more than anything and I really felt I am not alone in this situation and got answers always from very good people spending their time to give solutions without looking for money. 

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 5/14/2018 at 8:31 PM, Willow81 said:

Hi guys, 

Today i received an update from USCIS stating that they have issued a RFE for my VAWA. My PD is 2nd Feb 2018.

So cases are moving forward. I will post an update once i receive the RFE

Got my RFE on Monday, it was for Good Moral Character specifically a POLICE CLEARANCE from the UK. I did supply this to USCIS in May 2017 which is a few months after i submitted my VAWA but i guess they misplaced it.

I responded to the RFE on Thursday so hopefully it will be adjudicated within the 60 days timeframe from when they receive my response as stated by USCIS in the RFE. Will keep you all posted. 

1 hour ago, sunshine99 said:

@MJM2001 I was also given a template by my attorney and the intention is to make uniform and I submitted my witness letters and did not have much evidence as records as mine was more mental abuse. The point I want to share to keep the hope is that my case was approved and waiting on my I-485.

Don't loose hope and think positive and it will be difficult to interpret any suggestions when you think with fear and stressed. I was under tremendous stress and depressed and missed living life I wanted. Just enjoy this silence or wait period by investing time on something you will benefit in future when you get your EAD etc. I read all the old posts which are on other parts as well and connecting to people in this forum really helped more than anything and I really felt I am not alone in this situation and got answers always from very good people spending their time to give solutions without looking for money. 

Thank you very much sunshine99 for your words, my case is also for psychological abuse, I do not have a police report. I am very worried about what Mrs. Sandra told me because I know she has a lot of experience. I understood that a format helped to make the statements of the witnesses better presented, I did not think that for that reason they would think it was fraud.
Questions:
1. What type of evidence did you present?
2. Did not you have a problem with the letters of the witnesses because they were made with the same format?
I have not stopped crying, I'm desperate, I'm very worried ..
Thanks for your words of comfort. And congratulations for your approval!

17 hours ago, Allrounder said:

This whole process is overwhelming, the anxiety is too much. Let's keep praying for each other and also for the officers handling our cases, we have gone through a lot and depression kills faster than poison. Let's put ourselves together and ask God to see us through.

Stressing will not make it better. People have to realize that having immigration relief is only one part of what it means to be a survivor of domestic violence there is more to it. This is a great benefit for us without a legal status but having the opportunity to breath everyday is more important. There r people who were not able to leave the abusive relationship on time. Let’s take this benefit with patience and positivism. Some people here sound very desperate and are more likely to tranfer to others their own negative emotions such as stress, impatience or insecurities. If your case is genuine why are you stressing about fraud. I thought this forum was about helping and supporting each other.

33 minutes ago, Goyo said:

Stressing will not make it better. People have to realize that having immigration relief is only one part of what it means to be a survivor of domestic violence there is more to it. This is a great benefit for us without a legal status but having the opportunity to breath everyday is more important. There r people who were not able to leave the abusive relationship on time. Let’s take this benefit with patience and positivism. Some people here sound very desperate and are more likely to tranfer to others their own negative emotions such as stress, impatience or insecurities. If your case is genuine why are you stressing about fraud. I thought this forum was about helping and supporting each other.

Goyo, I agree with you about being positive, although sometimes it costs a lot to be positive, believe me too that I think the same way as you and I can not understand how it is that USCIS could think that a case is not genuine (true) for the simple fact of that are written under the same format and design. Thanks for your words of support!

23 minutes ago, Mnmnm said:

Hi guys. Hope y’all are well. Let’s not stress out it will do no good. It wouldn’t change the process. It will only bring harm to our health. 

Guys, quick question. Do we receive anything from USCIS after submitting EAD renewal? 

Thank you

Yes new NOA with new case number

Timeline: 

May 2016 retained an attorney and started to prepare my VAWA petition. 

11/08/2016 mailed my packet

11/28/2016 USCIS rejected my packet (expired forms) :(((  

11/29/2016 Mailed my packet again Via ExpressMail (I-360, I-485, I-864w, I-765, I-912, G-325A) with previous rejection notice on top & a request to expedite EAD

12/14/2016 Date on the NOA  

12/31/2016 Attorney emailed my Prima Facie (Notice date 12/19/2018)   (180 days)

01/14/2017 Mailed my husband’s birth certificate with the blue receipt that came with my Prima Facie

01/17/2018 I-360 online Update (correspondence received)

12/25/2016 Notice for Biometrics

01/12/2017 Biometrics completed

01/31/2017 EAD update (Ordered my new card)

02/04/2017 My first EAD delivered.

02/06/2017 Picked my EAD & applied for SSN

02/14/2017 Applied for state ID

02/15/2017 Applied for Medicaid

06/03/2017 Received my Prima Facie (180 days)

10/22/2017 Mailed EAD Renewal  & AP & Waiver (I-765. I-131, I-912) and request to extend PF

11/21/2017 Received my Prima Facie (60 days)

12/13/2017 Received my New EAD/AP combo card

03/08/2018 Received my Prima Facie (60 days)

05/03/2018 Received my 5th Prima Facie (180 days)

05/08/2018   VAWA approved (online Update)

05/14/2018  Case moved to NBC 

05/15/2018 Approval notice & Deferred Action delivered 

07/26/2018 Mailed EAD Renewal  & AP & Waiver (I-765. I-131, I-912)

09/05/2018 update (ِِAfter responding to the senator's inquiry USCIS stated my file was mailed 08/14/2018 and received by NYC field office 08/23/2018) 

9/22/2018 Received my New EAD/AP combo card

10/24/2018  Attorney emailed my interview notice

11/05/2018 Completed the medical (I-693)

11/08/2018  interview for I-485    (took I-693, W2 & Employment verification letter)     Details in this link https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/679733-vawa-part-11/?page=173&tab=comments#comment-9464423

11/16/2018 Received my GC

08/10/2021 Submitted form N-400 Online and received the receipt notice

08/18/2021 Received notice for biometric reuse

01/18/2022 Notice of interview

02/15/2022 Interview for N-400 and test 

02/22/2022 N-400 approved

02/23/2022 Oath Ceremony Scheduled 

03/17/2022 Oath Ceremony

15 hours ago, Florecita_Bella said:

Thank you very much sunshine99 for your words, my case is also for psychological abuse, I do not have a police report. I am very worried about what Mrs. Sandra told me because I know she has a lot of experience. I understood that a format helped to make the statements of the witnesses better presented, I did not think that for that reason they would think it was fraud.
Questions:
2. Did not you have a problem with the letters of the witnesses because they were made with the same format?

The psychological evaluation was submitted by my social worker as proof and was asked to submit by my attorney. Try to find out who can do psychological evaluation in your area and submit it. Don't deter your faith and read forum posts and others experiences will help you prepare for upcoming events. You did your best finding an attorney and gathering supporting documents. Don't cry as the outcome is up to god and USCIS to decide your case. Try to follow up with attorney for any questions and check processing times and contact congressman when . I did face difficulties by not able to work for 2 years as I did not receive EAD card for 2 years since filing. I wish all the best and pray to get your EAD card quickly and develop patience and divert to something that interests you.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
17 hours ago, Florecita_Bella said:

Questions:

If you are feeling this way, you should get some counseling.  Sandraj suggested that I stay in counseling and I am, so it has helped alot in this process, I cant sweat the small stuff and things that are out of my control.  I use Mindfulness daily to destress myself and reduce my anxiety.  I learned it through counseling.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.