3,014 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Tortmaster said:

Yes i think there must be some mess up with their system, maybe they are updating it hopefully. So far I have received 4 emails about my approval, all saying the same thing and coming on different days.

At least you can say you are safely approved! 😂😂😂😂

1 hour ago, valentine4God said:

guys please i need prayers today is my two years anniversary for my I 360 and i have not  had anything from them.

My goodness this is so scary, what is happening? Did they send you rfe? I am praying for you my dear, i wish this people can be in our shoes and feel what we are going through. God please come are see your children through.

Filed: Other Timeline
2 hours ago, valentine4God said:

guys please i need prayers today is my two years anniversary for my I 360 and i have not  had anything from them.

Did you get your Congressman involved? It will go a long way to find out whatever hindrance your case is experiencing. 

Filed: Timeline

HEY EVERYONE

THIS AM I GOT A EMAIL FROM USCIS.  A UPDATE ON MY I360 SAYING;

"NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCE"

IVE BEEN WAITING FOR 18 MONTHS AND THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I GOT A UPDATE ON MY I360.

WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT THIS UPDATE MEANS SINCE I DIDNT GET A APPROVAL YET ON MY I360

THANK YOU

Filed: Other Country: Gambia
Timeline
34 minutes ago, digonyc said:

HEY EVERYONE

THIS AM I GOT A EMAIL FROM USCIS.  A UPDATE ON MY I360 SAYING;

"NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCE"

IVE BEEN WAITING FOR 18 MONTHS AND THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I GOT A UPDATE ON MY I360.

WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT THIS UPDATE MEANS SINCE I DIDNT GET A APPROVAL YET ON MY I360

THANK YOU

Did u apply for EAD?

14 minutes ago, Kleenex12 said:

Did u apply for EAD?

Even then the EAD is a separate case number and should have its updates separately! These errors are stressful when they are given on pending cases.

I went on my account and deleted the old EAD case so I don't get confused as well!

@digonyc I really hope it means u we're approved but u can only patiently wait for an approval lerter to come or inquire (in writing, through attorney, Congress person or infopass)

Edited by gramercy

Timeline: 

May 2016 retained an attorney and started to prepare my VAWA petition. 

11/08/2016 mailed my packet

11/28/2016 USCIS rejected my packet (expired forms) :(((  

11/29/2016 Mailed my packet again Via ExpressMail (I-360, I-485, I-864w, I-765, I-912, G-325A) with previous rejection notice on top & a request to expedite EAD

12/14/2016 Date on the NOA  

12/31/2016 Attorney emailed my Prima Facie (Notice date 12/19/2018)   (180 days)

01/14/2017 Mailed my husband’s birth certificate with the blue receipt that came with my Prima Facie

01/17/2018 I-360 online Update (correspondence received)

12/25/2016 Notice for Biometrics

01/12/2017 Biometrics completed

01/31/2017 EAD update (Ordered my new card)

02/04/2017 My first EAD delivered.

02/06/2017 Picked my EAD & applied for SSN

02/14/2017 Applied for state ID

02/15/2017 Applied for Medicaid

06/03/2017 Received my Prima Facie (180 days)

10/22/2017 Mailed EAD Renewal  & AP & Waiver (I-765. I-131, I-912) and request to extend PF

11/21/2017 Received my Prima Facie (60 days)

12/13/2017 Received my New EAD/AP combo card

03/08/2018 Received my Prima Facie (60 days)

05/03/2018 Received my 5th Prima Facie (180 days)

05/08/2018   VAWA approved (online Update)

05/14/2018  Case moved to NBC 

05/15/2018 Approval notice & Deferred Action delivered 

07/26/2018 Mailed EAD Renewal  & AP & Waiver (I-765. I-131, I-912)

09/05/2018 update (ِِAfter responding to the senator's inquiry USCIS stated my file was mailed 08/14/2018 and received by NYC field office 08/23/2018) 

9/22/2018 Received my New EAD/AP combo card

10/24/2018  Attorney emailed my interview notice

11/05/2018 Completed the medical (I-693)

11/08/2018  interview for I-485    (took I-693, W2 & Employment verification letter)     Details in this link https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/679733-vawa-part-11/?page=173&tab=comments#comment-9464423

11/16/2018 Received my GC

08/10/2021 Submitted form N-400 Online and received the receipt notice

08/18/2021 Received notice for biometric reuse

01/18/2022 Notice of interview

02/15/2022 Interview for N-400 and test 

02/22/2022 N-400 approved

02/23/2022 Oath Ceremony Scheduled 

03/17/2022 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Timeline
14 minutes ago, gramercy said:

Even then the EAD is a separate case number and should have its updates separately! These errors are stressful when they are given on pending cases.

I went on my account and deleted the old EAD case so I don't get confused as well!

@digonyc I really hope it means u we're approved but u can only patiently wait for an approval lerter to come or inquire (in writing, through attorney, Congress person or infopass)

ITS REALLY STRESSFUL .  SPECIALLY HAVING THIS UPDATE ON I360. I DIDNT GET A UPDATE ON MY I360 SINCE FEBRUARY 2017.

HOPING FOR THE BETTER AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline
18 hours ago, Weldonboy said:

your receipt number should be kept confidential at all times. You can do an unexpected damage to your application by this type of carelessness. please delete this post

THAT ISNT A RECIEPT NUMBER

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline
12 hours ago, valentine4God said:

Contact your congress person and once they inquire for you, you should hopefully get a response within a week to 4 weeks. This was the path I followed and within the next week my VAWA was approved

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Lithuania
Timeline

Can someone give an advice, is it better to submit the petition for vawa alone OR i should submit vawa with 765 and 485 at the same time ?

Is there any difference in time processing ?

On May 24, 2018 at 1:43 PM, sandranj said:

You can file AOS for you and for your kids at the same time,  considering that your husband is a U.S Ctizen, but USCIS schedulles diferent dates to attend interview then your kids will have their interview after you had yours or in case they schedulle everyone together and you are approved on the spot then they can adjudicate your kids AOS as well. 

If your husband is a U.S Citizen you can file I-485 and I-765 and choose category C9.

DO NOT FILE A NEW I-485  if your I- 485 is pending.

I suggest that you find a different attorney because clearly your attorney doesn't know about Immigration Law.

You have an attorney handling  your case then DO NOT file form  I-485 for your kids without your attorney knowledge because the attorney will end his/her representation as soon he/she finds out.

YOUR attorney has to  file I-485,  I-765 (optional), I-864W,I-131(optional) and if you can't paid the fees file form I-912 and form G1145

Hi, dear Asandranj!

thanks very much for your answer. 

my children and i am living in U.S. But i did moved out from my abuser husband's home and doing divorce with him now. my third baby is  abuser husband's , little baby will born in this week some day soon. 

my abuser husband  is a U.S.Citizen. he did filed i-130,i-864 ,for my children and me last year . also i did filed i-130a, i-485 for my children and me . i did filed i-765 and choose C09 , I got my EAD this Feb. 

this is some back ground about our case. 

you taught me that i can file i-485 for my children at the same time when i file i-360 for my VAWA case. 

you also said to me "DO NOT file new I-485 if my I-485 is pending. " "your attorney has to file i-485 ,i -765,i-864w ,i-131 , i -912 and form G1145. "

I am confusing now. 

My children and i do have i-485 are pending that i filed last year.  does that means i do not have to file new i-485 for my children and me , just write a letter to USCIS and ask them to put my last year i-485 hold on ?

or you mean i don't file new i-485 without my attorney's knowledge because she will drop-off my case as a client? 

you also said my attorney has to file i-485 for us. is this new i-485 ? i do have a last year i-485 is pending. 

sorry about my short english , Dear Sandranj, Could you please teach me what forms i file with i--360 concurrently ?

I am going to file my VAWA case by myself, my Attorney upset at me and did not answer my emails and phone call. I have all my documents , she has my copies , and will bring back because she is not knowledge at immigration law and does not works on my case. it already going to be 4 months since i gave her my documents . i am worrying about my case will never be sent out if still believe her. 

I am thinking file up : 

I-360

i-864w

i-912

G1145

I-765 for my children and me and choose C09. 

My children and i have i-485 is pending , they are based on marriage. 

also write letter to USCIS to ask they put my pending i-485 hold on until my VAWA case has final decision . 

but big concern is :

do i fiel NEW I-485 for my children and me ?

or don't file new i-485 just ask USCIS put our i485 hold on? 

then plus other documents that supports marriage and abuse life etc 

help me, please . 

i am work on paper works at library now .i don't have internet at home . it would be wonderful if i have money to  hire other  attorney but it is very hard time for me now. 

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bolivia
Timeline
15 hours ago, valentine4God said:

Hello I found this information that may be helpful for you:

Ombudsman - Case Assistance

https://www.dhs.gov/case-assistance

Keep praying and don't lose the hope :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.