3,014 posts in this topic

48 minutes ago, sandranj said:

You asked my opinion about the affidavit but you have an attorney and you should follow what your attorney suggests you tho.

You can file form I-485 for your children just if they are living in the U.S, if they are abroad then when your ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS is approved you have to submit form I-824 in order for your children to come back here. I think you will send that you will send your children to your home Country but you need to know that if you do this they will not be able to re-enter here until you get your green card. VAWA will take 12/17months, plus 8/12 months to attend interview plus one year more for your kids to have an interview then we are talking about  32 to 41 months.

You just can choose category C9 if you submit form I-485.

If USCIS scheduled your AOS interview then go to the interview and ask USCIS to put a hold in your I-485 if your children are abroad then they will not hold their I-485. If they did not set up the interview yet your attorney can ask USCIS to put your AOS on hold until final adjudication.

Hi, dear Sandranj!

thanks for your answer!

My children are at here living with me. I will file I-486, I-864w, I -765 for them . do I need to file I-130a for all of us with VAWA case?

My lawyer is from Legal AID who does not charge me any fees. but she said I can  not  file I-485  for my children same time .she said I need to wait until my VAWA case approved so I can file AOS for them . also she said I can't choose category C9 on my I-765.

She said nothing we can do for my children and my pending I-485,  just forget it and file new I-485 base on VAWA.

I am going to shape my declaration less than 15pages and will file I-485 for my children . just worry if she will be upset .

I have no money to hire good attorney , think she must more knowledge and has power skill  than I am on the  VAWA case  where she is works is helping a lots  of victims .

I do respect what she thoughts , but I will do what I need to do as you and Dmara taught me here.

thanks for your time . I will keep post you what the next about my case going on.

3 hours ago, Damara said:

I dont know if Sandra is going to answer these questions since you have an attny that you already spoke to about this.

1. Technically you are allowed to file concurrently. Why your attny does not want to I do not know.

2. Category C9 is for when you have a pending 485. You will get the EAD processed immediately. C31 is when you dont have a pending 485 and you are waiting for the 360 to be approved and then the EAD to be processed. You can also apply for fee waivers for various forms. 

3. You or your attny would send a letter to the service center asking for your 485 to be put on hold. No form. You write your own letter and send it to the appropriate service center where you live.

4. Check your address online if you can I guess ? For VAWA cases they can not help you over the phone. Everything has to be done in writing to Vermont. If you are concerned about your address for the pending VAWA- it will be the address you submit on the 360. 

Hi, Dear Damara!

thanks for your answering! it is very helpful. I just have chance to check it tonight. and also received answer  from Sandranj. both of you have same answers to me. I am very grateful for you !

I don't know why my attorney does not allowed me to file I-485, I -765,i-864w for my children. they are young and they are living in US with me . she thinks c31 or c14 just the right category for I-360. she does not think it is okay if I choose C09 on I-765.

I emailed her today, and tole her I am going to file these forms for my children , hopefully she does not get upset at me.

I asked her to USCIS ask them put my children and my I-485 hole on,she said we can do nothing for my children and my pending I-485, told me just forget them.

seems like I need to do it by myself. I will try and will have post you about my case how it goes in the future.

wish you have great evening.

wish all filers on here are blessed !

thanks for your advises , thanks for your  time, dear Dmara!

2 hours ago, Allrounder said:

Hello family , hope every one is doing great and a big congratulations to those who have been approved. Please i have a question to anybody who can answer. I filled vawa on 3/16/2018, so after the vawa receipt notice i file EAD 4weeks ago but no receipt notice. What i receive is a letter asking me to filled all the addresses i have lived for the last 5yrs with day, month and year, employment history for the past 5 years, my height, my weight and my mom's current address. Please has any body ever received such. I was not really sure about the dates when i was filling so i was just putting mostly the months and the years.

It looks like you left out that info when you filed the I485. I don’t think that you should worry about it. Just send what they are asking for and you should be fine. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
2 hours ago, Allrounder said:

Hello @ Ziongirl, was your case denied before you applied for Vawa? and did the case stutus changed after you applied for vawa or when did you ask them to put it on hold?

I went to the interview alone and asked them to put on hold, well they gave me a denial immediately, but after that the status said they are reviewing

54 minutes ago, Ziongirl said:

I went to the interview alone and asked them to put on hold, well they gave me a denial immediately, but after that the status said they are reviewing

Thank you for your response, was asking bc i attended my interview with my lawyer my husband did not show up, my ask the officer to put it on hold but 3 days after i received the denial letter and case status changed to we denial ur form 485.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
18 hours ago, hope1303 said:

Hi, dear Sandranj!

thanks for your answer!

My children are at here living with me. I will file I-486, I-864w, I -765 for them . do I need to file I-130a for all of us with VAWA case?

My lawyer is from Legal AID who does not charge me any fees. but she said I can  not  file I-485  for my children same time .she said I need to wait until my VAWA case approved so I can file AOS for them . also she said I can't choose category C9 on my I-765.

She said nothing we can do for my children and my pending I-485,  just forget it and file new I-485 base on VAWA.

I am going to shape my declaration less than 15pages and will file I-485 for my children . just worry if she will be upset .

I have no money to hire good attorney , think she must more knowledge and has power skill  than I am on the  VAWA case  where she is works is helping a lots  of victims .

I do respect what she thoughts , but I will do what I need to do as you and Dmara taught me here.

thanks for your time . I will keep post you what the next about my case going on.

You can file AOS for you and for your kids at the same time,  considering that your husband is a U.S Ctizen, but USCIS schedulles diferent dates to attend interview then your kids will have their interview after you had yours or in case they schedulle everyone together and you are approved on the spot then they can adjudicate your kids AOS as well. 

If your husband is a U.S Citizen you can file I-485 and I-765 and choose category C9.

DO NOT FILE A NEW I-485  if your I- 485 is pending.

I suggest that you find a different attorney because clearly your attorney doesn't know about Immigration Law.

You have an attorney handling  your case then DO NOT file form  I-485 for your kids without your attorney knowledge because the attorney will end his/her representation as soon he/she finds out.

YOUR attorney has to  file I-485,  I-765 (optional), I-864W,I-131(optional) and if you can't paid the fees file form I-912 and form G1145

Edited by sandranj

19 hours ago, Damara said:

Some attnys will drop you as a client if you do not listen to them or file forms on your own. Please wait until she responds and make sure shes okay with what you are doing.

That is true . but i don't want she mess up my case . i emailed her yesterday , but did not got any answer from her yet. she always seems busy and usually doesn't answer my email or phone call. :-(

Hi all 

ho many times i can use the AP to travel out of the states ? And how long i can stay out of the states on AP ? Bcause i have hard family issues in my home country that may require me to go there many times ! 

Thank you so much guys

I just received an email regarding my EAD approval in January. I'm an April '17 filer. I'm hoping this means they're looking at my case. Got the EAD in Jan after about 2 months processing - just after the date of the update I just received. I just want this over

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
8 hours ago, hope1303 said:

That is true . but i don't want she mess up my case . i emailed her yesterday , but did not got any answer from her yet. she always seems busy and usually doesn't answer my email or phone call. :-(

Dear this is not a game she is playing with your life and kids , you better found a different Attorney.

9 hours ago, hope1303 said:

Either do what your lawyer says, do it alone or get a new lawyer. You know the answers

Filed: Country:
Timeline

Everytime I send an inquiry online about my pending i485, When I check it online they keep saying that the review on why my case is taking longer than the usual is completed and correspondence is mailed to me. I never get a mail nor my lawyer does 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.