3,014 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Kleenex12 said:

Since I heard about this today I can’t eat or sleep because of my 1-360 don’t get approved before September I don’t know if I will be able survive it,this means more women will die of domestic violence God please help us all!😢😢😢

1 hour ago, Kleenex12 said:

Since I heard about this today I can’t eat or sleep because of my 1-360 don’t get approved before September I don’t know if I will be able survive it,this means more women will die of domestic violence God please help us all!😢😢😢

Do not stress about it. You already filed and you will be fine. The only thing we need to do at this point is to be optimistic and patience because stressing is not going to expedite  the process. I know how hard is to be without job but we need to focus our minds in other things if not by the time we receive our approvals or GC  we are going to be out of it LOL

Edited by Goyo

On 5/14/2018 at 3:12 PM, sandranj said:

There is hope because you are a survivor of domestic  violence!. Every year in the  U..S between  3.000 to 4.000 women/men are murdered by their husbands/wives/partners.75% of the Countries in the world  do not have Laws to protect  foreigns  battered in their Countries.  

It's  not easy to wait but honor those who lost their lives  because of domestic  violence, how? SPEAK OUT AGAINST DOMESTIC VIOLENCE!.

IF you  cannot work then volunteer, if you don't have  a place to stay  search in your  State about "low housing program" or go to a shelter  for  victims  of domestic  violence .If you don't  have food then contact the food bank in your  State and check the  pantry  program  as well.  If you  need clothes or furniture contact the Salvation  Army and some non profit  charities in your  State.If you  are depressed apply for Medicaid  go to see a doctor , attend  group therapy,check with shelters  for  victims of domestic  violence. If you need to work and don't have anyone to  watch your child then search for free summer programs in your  State. If you lonely  remember  I am here for You, we are here for you.

Thank you so much sandra :) 

i appreciate every single word you wrote and your support for all of us .. may good bless you dear ❤️

I’ve got good news today that my EAD got approved thanks god .. something is happening 

file date 2/20/2018

approval 5/21/2018 

almost 90 days 

hopefully i will hear from them  soon :)

pray for me please , thank you again 

128AD5C5-1137-46B7-BF9E-69B0EA9F0186.jpeg

Edited by Fishy89

9 hours ago, Fishy89 said:

Thank you so much sandra :) 

i appreciate every single word you wrote and your support for all of us .. may good bless you dear ❤️

I’ve got good news today that my EAD got approved thanks god .. something is happening 

file date 2/20/2018

approval 5/21/2018 

almost 90 days 

hopefully i will hear from them  soon :)

pray for me please , thank you again 

128AD5C5-1137-46B7-BF9E-69B0EA9F0186.jpeg

congratulations....great news.

Just a quick word of encouragement to those who may not have a lot of evidence. I did not send in a single picture because a few days before I filed my husband smashed my phone and I lost our pictures but I was still approved. My point is, submit as much evidence as you can but if there is something you don't have and cant find don't fear to take the chance. Of course there are important things they really need like marriage certificate, etc 

On 5/22/2018 at 8:48 AM, Tortmaster said:

Hello everyone, my VAWA was approved today! I am so happy, I cried so hard. Thank you so much everyone for all your support, it was a hard wait but I'm glad that we support each other so much on this forum.

Jan 5 2017 - filed I-360

Jan 9 2017 - Notice date

May 22 2017 - Approval status update

I did not get any RFEs.

Thank you everyone, and may God grant each of you peace as you go along on your journey.

Screenshot_2018-05-22-08-30-31-1.png

Approval May 22 2018, correction.

3 minutes ago, Tortmaster said:

Just a quick word of encouragement to those who may not have a lot of evidence. I did not send in a single picture because a few days before I filed my husband smashed my phone and I lost our pictures but I was still approved. My point is, submit as much evidence as you can but if there is something you don't have and cant find don't fear to take the chance. Of course there are important things they really need like marriage certificate, etc 

Can you share with us what evidence did you send for each category?

Thanks a lot and congratulations!!!

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 5/21/2018 at 10:58 PM, hope1303 said:

Hi, everyone 

I am new to this forums . I have some questions really bother  me , hopefully I can have some answers from here and will guild me what I can do the next step. 

I am going to apply VAWA Self-Petitioning  but some things made me very cunfused . 

Long story for short. 

I met my US. citizen husband on dating site and had 3 1/2 years dating then got married on July 2017. I was out of status with my two children ( 14 & 10) before met him and he knew that . 

my kids and my i-130,i-485 are pending now. we  have not received any  interview notice yet. I got my EDA card and have SSN .

my husband started to verbally, physically , economic abused me after a month since we got marriage every few day. I was tried to keep marriage life goes well but not getting any better . I called police when he did sexual assaulted me and other time was he beat me up so bad with kicked my belly when I was on 5 months pregnant , he  did asked me to abortion two days before he beat me up. I refused him. then he tried hard  to made me lose my baby who is on the way  ( his baby).I have 2years OFP and two police reports . he went to jail but did had plea agreement with stopped me to called 911, dismissed he abused me on his criminal case. 

I am divorcing with him and moved to a safe place with  help from Legal Aid. .my immigration attorney is from legal aid to helping me with my VAWA case now. she said I have a strong case. 

I wrote declartion about my husband with me from dating , marriage life ,and abusive life , including the parts of my good moral, hardship if send my children and me  back to home country. It about  85 pages . 

My attorney  is going to sending docoments to Immigration office as fellowing forms:

i-360 self-Petition form 

i-485

i- 864 w

i-765  ( catetory is C31)

G-28

i-912

copies of

1, US.citizen abuser husband 's Passport  , drives license ,and  birth certificate 

2. my passport & 2passport style photos

3.my birth certificate & translated into english (notarized ),

4. my divorce decrees with my ex ( translated with notarized )

5. my children's birth certificates ( from previous marriage)

6. my children's passports 

these are personal infomations  

7. marriage certificate 

8.Wedding pics and photos between us and photos with his families and friends  from 2014--2018

9. joint utility bills

10.joint bank account statements 

11. joint health insurance bills ( i can't get policy because he is the provider holder )

12. christmas cards, letters for both of us at the same address

13. emails, texts between both of us from 2014--2018.

(these documents to support good  bona marriage and residence together. )

14. No criminal records from my home country 

15. state police background check record 

16. some letters from my friends to support that i am a good person who has good moral .

17. speed way ticket and fine payment copy 

these documents to support good moral to me 

18.  2 police reports & medical records         

19. injuries pics ( police officer took them at hospital )

20.  2 years OFP

21. notice letter from state attorney about my abuser husband's criminal case plea agreement

22. my primary doctor 's summary & medical records 

23. licensed counselor's assessments with treatment plans

24. copy of my celander & diary about  life events

25 .my Declaration ( signed & notarized )  85 pages  about the true story between my husband and me from dating , marriage, and abusive and divorce case processing ) 

these documents to support abusive life 

26. cover letter and letter from my attorney about my story ( which it will be short letter)

my concerns are :  I asked my attorney

1 write a letter to ask immigration office to hold on our pending i-485 cases until my i-360 receive                

decisions. 

2. to apply and send  my  two children's i-485 with my case together .           

3. to apply i-765 form for my two  children and mark the category as C09 .( my husband did not applied i-765 for my children last year ,  they can not make SSN . it is very many hard parts in life without SSN. I wish apply i-765 for my children to let them have SSN soon.it is not for work ,because they are at school now. )

4. apply i-765 for me , write the category as C-09

5. is it too much pages of my declaration that i wrote?

but my attorney answered me as :

Q1. my children and my i-485 are pending which  are by my abuser husband 's sponsoring , that we can do nothing about it . just let them go. she said my husband might withdrawn the already. but i did called immigration office customer service and they said these case status are still pending 

Q2.  my children are not allowed to apply i-485 and send them with my I-360, i-485 together . i need to wait my VAWA case has decision first so can do some things for them. 

Q3. answer is same as question 2. 

Q4. She said i can't write category as C-09 on the I-765 . because C-31, C14 are right category on the VAWA case. 

what i am knowing is my abuser husband is US.citizen so I can send my i-485 with i-360 tougher . then my children can apply and send i-485 and i-765 with my case together . if i don't ask immigration office to hold on my children and my i-485 cases which are pending , they will be closed ,and i need to pay them again? 

also if i write C-31 on i-765 , i need to wait until my VAWA case has decision so i can have EDA card. if i write C09 on i765 , i can have EDA card before i  have any decision of my VAWA case . I have two children and third baby boy is comes here next week. I need go to find a job to support our living . I can not to wait 19 months to wait until my VAWA case has decision then see if can have EDA to go to work. but my Attorney just do it as her knowledge but don't care what i am thinking about. 

of course i might be wrong . 

i have info pass tomorrow at 10am.  

could any one of you please have any idea what i am going to ask about my case and if i can ask these concerns about my VAWA case there ? i handed my documents to my attorney already over 3months , she is started to work on my case last week. she can not tell if can send them out this week or next week? it is killing me . i am struggling to deal with divorce attorney , too much stressful from divorce , and need to think about moving , packing , unpacking , also need to get ready for new baby born next week. i feel i am very in need of help .

give me some good answer and  advices please. 

thanks for every one who take time to read my questions . 

wish all have good luck with VAWA case . 

You sent me a pm with this text then you want my opinion then, look there is no way USCIS will read an affidavit with  85 pages, it's advised to submit not more than 15 pages. I am doing VAWA for 20 years over 6.000 cases approved the most i allowed someone to submit was 15 pages.You lawyer probably will not submit either 85 pages ,and if he does  he will not read whatsoever.  I am the most patient  person in the world  and I would not read not even 30 pages.

3 hours ago, sandranj said:

You sent me a pm with this text then you want my opinion then, look there is no way USCIS will read an affidavit with  85 pages, it's advised to submit not more than 15 pages. I am doing VAWA for 20 years over 6.000 cases approved the most i allowed someone to submit was 15 pages.You lawyer probably will not submit either 85 pages ,and if he does  he will not read whatsoever.  I am the most patient  person in the world  and I would not read not even 30 pages.

Hi, dear Sandranj!

I am very grateful for your advise ! that is true , I don't think USCIS officer has enough time and patience to read all of 85 pages personal declaration either. but when I questioned my lawyer about it. she even asked me to add more that made it up to 85 pages!  I am going to shape it unless 15 pages. it would be hared because there are so many things happened in short marriage . but I need to shape it unless 15 pages as you advised me . dear Sandra, you are very awesome !

could you please answer me other questions?

1. can I file I-485, I-864W, I-765 for my children ? they are 14 & 10 now.

2. can I file my I-765 with category C09, but not c31, or c14?

3. how to ask USCIS to hold my children and my pending I-485 ? is there any form I can file up or need to write a letter ? where I need to send it ?

4. how to make sure if mailing address was changed on line ?

thanks very much dear Sandra!  

4 hours ago, Ingodshands94 said:

Can you share with us what evidence did you send for each category?

Thanks a lot and congratulations!!!

Thank you dear, below is a list of what I sent in:

Proof of Spouse's Citizenship and Relationship

- marriage certificate

- husband's birth certificate

Evidence of Abuse

-my afdidavit

- affidavit of husband's mother

-affidavit from my friend

- affidavit from my daughter's teacher

-Text message transcripts between me and my husband

- emails between me and my husband

- email from our former landlord

- transcripts of my posts on a marriage board

- letter confirming ongoing marriage counselling from our church

Proof of Bona Fide Marriage and Cohabitation

- change of address confirmations from when we moved together

-pre-marriage counselling letter from pastor

-copies of joint credit card

- joint car insurance statements 

Evidence of good moral character

- letter of good moral character from myself

-affidavits from 2 friends

- certificate of appreciation from a community thing I volunteer with

(Separately I also sent in police background reports from all states I've lived in)

Filed: Timeline
2 hours ago, hope1303 said:

Hi, dear Sandranj!

I am very grateful for your advise ! that is true , I don't think USCIS officer has enough time and patience to read all of 85 pages personal declaration either. but when I questioned my lawyer about it. she even asked me to add more that made it up to 85 pages!  I am going to shape it unless 15 pages. it would be hared because there are so many things happened in short marriage . but I need to shape it unless 15 pages as you advised me . dear Sandra, you are very awesome !

2. can I file my I-765 with category C09, but not c31, or c14?

3. how to ask USCIS to hold my children and my pending I-485 ? is there any form I can file up or need to write a letter ? where I need to send it ?

I dont know if Sandra is going to answer these questions since you have an attny that you already spoke to about this.

1. Technically you are allowed to file concurrently. Why your attny does not want to I do not know.

2. Category C9 is for when you have a pending 485. You will get the EAD processed immediately. C31 is when you dont have a pending 485 and you are waiting for the 360 to be approved and then the EAD to be processed. You can also apply for fee waivers for various forms. 

3. You or your attny would send a letter to the service center asking for your 485 to be put on hold. No form. You write your own letter and send it to the appropriate service center where you live.

4. Check your address online if you can I guess ? For VAWA cases they can not help you over the phone. Everything has to be done in writing to Vermont. If you are concerned about your address for the pending VAWA- it will be the address you submit on the 360. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bahamas
Timeline

Hi all just asking those who requested for their cases being put on hold, what was an update, mine changed from denied to you attended your interview and we are reviewing you case, does this mean it was put on hold?

I would like to renew my ead card but am not sure

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, hope1303 said:

Hi, dear Sandranj!

2. can I file my I-765 with category C09, but not c31, or c14?Insert other media

You asked my opinion about the affidavit but you have an attorney and you should follow what your attorney suggests you tho.

You can file form I-485 for your children just if they are living in the U.S, if they are abroad then when your ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS is approved you have to submit form I-824 in order for your children to come back here. I think you will send that you will send your children to your home Country but you need to know that if you do this they will not be able to re-enter here until you get your green card. VAWA will take 12/17months, plus 8/12 months to attend interview plus one year more for your kids to have an interview then we are talking about  32 to 41 months.

You just can choose category C9 if you submit form I-485.

If USCIS scheduled your AOS interview then go to the interview and ask USCIS to put a hold in your I-485 if your children are abroad then they will not hold their I-485. If they did not set up the interview yet your attorney can ask USCIS to put your AOS on hold until final adjudication.

Edited by sandranj

1 hour ago, Ziongirl said:

Hi all just asking those who requested for their cases being put on hold, what was an update, mine changed from denied to you attended your interview and we are reviewing you case, does this mean it was put on hold?

I would like to renew my ead card but am not sure

Hello @ Ziongirl, was your case denied before you applied for Vawa? and did the case stutus changed after you applied for vawa or when did you ask them to put it on hold?

Hello family , hope every one is doing great and a big congratulations to those who have been approved. Please i have a question to anybody who can answer. I filled vawa on 3/16/2018, so after the vawa receipt notice i file EAD 4weeks ago but no receipt notice. What i receive is a letter asking me to filled all the addresses i have lived for the last 5yrs with day, month and year, employment history for the past 5 years, my height, my weight and my mom's current address. Please has any body ever received such. I was not really sure about the dates when i was filling so i was just putting mostly the months and the years.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.