3,014 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Tortmaster said:

Hello everyone, my VAWA was approved today! I am so happy, I cried so hard. Thank you so much everyone for all your support, it was a hard wait but I'm glad that we support each other so much on this forum.

Jan 5 2017 - filed I-360

Jan 9 2017 - Notice date

May 22 2017 - Approval status update

I did not get any RFEs.

Thank you everyone, and may God grant each of you peace as you go along on your journey.

Screenshot_2018-05-22-08-30-31-1.png

Congratulations 💃💃💃💃

2 hours ago, rza said:

whats the meaning of this coz i got an email just like this one we will notify you when ur case staus changes ..... )  can u explaint his plz

I think there is no meaning to it, ppl are receiving this randomly 

when they are signing with this new case tracking site, in my case, I think they were waiting for my RFE response, which they confirm

after that they got it

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
8 minutes ago, sunkissed1 said:

Even if it’s cancelled, cases already submitted will still be valid, and adjudicated. Sadly, future victims will have no outlet like this to get their immigration status changed.😢

Yes true, hopefully they make right decision

6 hours ago, Tortmaster said:

I got 3 Prima Facie notices, the latest one was in March and it was valid for 180 days

I also got 2 PF so far that i use to apply for benefit, which my boys were approved for food stamps and insurance. i was decline but still happy and thankful. Thank God.

Violence Against Women Act At Risk

By: Ricci J Levy

The Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) is up for reauthorization in 2018, and the current administration has already indicated that it may not be reauthorized. We can’t let that happen – and we can’t let the protections established in prior years be eliminated.

The Department of Justice is responsible for carrying out the Violence Against Women Act, and the head of that department, Jeff Sessions, opposed the Act as a Senator in 2013. He had voted twice before (2000 and 2005) to reauthorize VAWA, so what had changed in 2012? There was in increase in the number of visas available to battered immigrant women, new nondiscrimination protections for LGBT survivors of violence and new authority for tribal courts to prosecute non-Native Americans who abused Native women on tribal land.

Sessions has made no secret of his conservative views on immigration, women’s rights, LGBT equality and civil rights issues. He is no friend to any marginalized groups.

Eliminating VAWA or shifting enforcement of the Act would leave victims of domestic violence and sexual assault vulnerable.

6 minutes ago, Caribbeanchild said:

I also got 2 PF so far that i use to apply for benefit, which my boys were approved for food stamps and insurance. i was decline but still happy and thankful. Thank God.

I’m beginning to believe that they issued my renewal and some how it got lost in the shuffle. I don’t know how to find out besides writing a letter to Vermont 🤔😢

13 minutes ago, sunkissed1 said:

I’m beginning to believe that they issued my renewal and some how it got lost in the shuffle. I don’t know how to find out besides writing a letter to Vermont 🤔😢

My lawyer sent mine to me not sure if they request it or it was just sent to them.....doesn't hurt to try.

1 minute ago, sunkissed1 said:

The initial one was issued to me. I sent a request for renewal when the time came. As at now, I still haven’t received it😏

Could be a sign they are working on your approval.....:)

Filed: Other Country: Gambia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Roms2017 said:

Yeah it is scary Dear, hopefully they will reauthorize vawa otherway we will in Sodom and Gomor:(

Since I heard about this today I can’t eat or sleep because of my 1-360 don’t get approved before September I don’t know if I will be able survive it,this means more women will die of domestic violence God please help us all!😢😢😢

23 minutes ago, Kleenex12 said:

Since I heard about this today I can’t eat or sleep because of my 1-360 don’t get approved before September I don’t know if I will be able survive it,this means more women will die of domestic violence God please help us all!😢😢😢

This will not affect people that have already filed. No need to worry. 

Filed: Other Country: Gambia
Timeline
33 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

This will not affect people that have already filed. No need to worry. 

@i willsurvive thanks a lot!!you are very nice,most people after their approvals they don’t even come back and help us that are still waiting but I have been observing you and you have a very kind heart and giving us courage!God bless you richly!🙏🙏🙏

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
13 hours ago, Tortmaster said:

Hello everyone, my VAWA was approved today! I am so happy, I cried so hard. Thank you so much everyone for all your support, it was a hard wait but I'm glad that we support each other so much on this forum.

Jan 5 2017 - filed I-360

Jan 9 2017 - Notice date

May 22 2017 - Approval status update

I did not get any RFEs.

Thank you everyone, and may God grant each of you peace as you go along on your journey.

Screenshot_2018-05-22-08-30-31-1.png

CONGRATULATIONS!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.