3,014 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, Caribbeanchild said:

Hi i'm new to this online post. Do EAD go beyond 90 days....i'm at 70 day now haven't seen any update.

EAD currently takes 3-5 months according to the USCIS processing times. My renewal one got approved last week at 4 months 1 week (127 days). I had filed on January 9th. Seems to take longer right now. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
7 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

EAD currently takes 3-5 months according to the USCIS processing times. My renewal one got approved last week at 4 months 1 week (127 days). I had filed on January 9th. Seems to take longer right now. 

7 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

Mine took 6 months. 

6 minutes ago, Goyo said:

3-5 months, you guys can check uscis timeline. 

16 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

Thank you

Hi, everyone 

I am new to this forums . I have some questions really bother  me , hopefully I can have some answers from here and will guild me what I can do the next step. 

I am going to apply VAWA Self-Petitioning  but some things made me very cunfused . 

Long story for short. 

I met my US. citizen husband on dating site and had 3 1/2 years dating then got married on July 2017. I was out of status with my two children ( 14 & 10) before met him and he knew that . 

my kids and my i-130,i-485 are pending now. we  have not received any  interview notice yet. I got my EDA card and have SSN .

my husband started to verbally, physically , economic abused me after a month since we got marriage every few day. I was tried to keep marriage life goes well but not getting any better . I called police when he did sexual assaulted me and other time was he beat me up so bad with kicked my belly when I was on 5 months pregnant , he  did asked me to abortion two days before he beat me up. I refused him. then he tried hard  to made me lose my baby who is on the way  ( his baby).I have 2years OFP and two police reports . he went to jail but did had plea agreement with stopped me to called 911, dismissed he abused me on his criminal case. 

I am divorcing with him and moved to a safe place with  help from Legal Aid. .my immigration attorney is from legal aid to helping me with my VAWA case now. she said I have a strong case. 

I wrote declartion about my husband with me from dating , marriage life ,and abusive life , including the parts of my good moral, hardship if send my children and me  back to home country. It about  85 pages . 

My attorney  is going to sending docoments to Immigration office as fellowing forms:

i-360 self-Petition form 

i-485

i- 864 w

i-765  ( catetory is C31)

G-28

i-912

copies of

1, US.citizen abuser husband 's Passport  , drives license ,and  birth certificate 

2. my passport & 2passport style photos

3.my birth certificate & translated into english (notarized ),

4. my divorce decrees with my ex ( translated with notarized )

5. my children's birth certificates ( from previous marriage)

6. my children's passports 

these are personal infomations  

7. marriage certificate 

8.Wedding pics and photos between us and photos with his families and friends  from 2014--2018

9. joint utility bills

10.joint bank account statements 

11. joint health insurance bills ( i can't get policy because he is the provider holder )

12. christmas cards, letters for both of us at the same address

13. emails, texts between both of us from 2014--2018.

(these documents to support good  bona marriage and residence together. )

14. No criminal records from my home country 

15. state police background check record 

16. some letters from my friends to support that i am a good person who has good moral .

17. speed way ticket and fine payment copy 

these documents to support good moral to me 

18.  2 police reports & medical records         

19. injuries pics ( police officer took them at hospital )

20.  2 years OFP

21. notice letter from state attorney about my abuser husband's criminal case plea agreement

22. my primary doctor 's summary & medical records 

23. licensed counselor's assessments with treatment plans

24. copy of my celander & diary about  life events

25 .my Declaration ( signed & notarized )  85 pages  about the true story between my husband and me from dating , marriage, and abusive and divorce case processing ) 

these documents to support abusive life 

26. cover letter and letter from my attorney about my story ( which it will be short letter)

my concerns are :  I asked my attorney

1 write a letter to ask immigration office to hold on our pending i-485 cases until my i-360 receive                

decisions. 

2. to apply and send  my  two children's i-485 with my case together .           

3. to apply i-765 form for my two  children and mark the category as C09 .( my husband did not applied i-765 for my children last year ,  they can not make SSN . it is very many hard parts in life without SSN. I wish apply i-765 for my children to let them have SSN soon.it is not for work ,because they are at school now. )

4. apply i-765 for me , write the category as C-09

5. is it too much pages of my declaration that i wrote?

but my attorney answered me as :

Q1. my children and my i-485 are pending which  are by my abuser husband 's sponsoring , that we can do nothing about it . just let them go. she said my husband might withdrawn the already. but i did called immigration office customer service and they said these case status are still pending 

Q2.  my children are not allowed to apply i-485 and send them with my I-360, i-485 together . i need to wait my VAWA case has decision first so can do some things for them. 

Q3. answer is same as question 2. 

Q4. She said i can't write category as C-09 on the I-765 . because C-31, C14 are right category on the VAWA case. 

what i am knowing is my abuser husband is US.citizen so I can send my i-485 with i-360 tougher . then my children can apply and send i-485 and i-765 with my case together . if i don't ask immigration office to hold on my children and my i-485 cases which are pending , they will be closed ,and i need to pay them again? 

also if i write C-31 on i-765 , i need to wait until my VAWA case has decision so i can have EDA card. if i write C09 on i765 , i can have EDA card before i  have any decision of my VAWA case . I have two children and third baby boy is comes here next week. I need go to find a job to support our living . I can not to wait 19 months to wait until my VAWA case has decision then see if can have EDA to go to work. but my Attorney just do it as her knowledge but don't care what i am thinking about. 

of course i might be wrong . 

i have info pass tomorrow at 10am.  

could any one of you please have any idea what i am going to ask about my case and if i can ask these concerns about my VAWA case there ? i handed my documents to my attorney already over 3months , she is started to work on my case last week. she can not tell if can send them out this week or next week? it is killing me . i am struggling to deal with divorce attorney , too much stressful from divorce , and need to think about moving , packing , unpacking , also need to get ready for new baby born next week. i feel i am very in need of help .

give me some good answer and  advices please. 

thanks for every one who take time to read my questions . 

wish all have good luck with VAWA case . 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
3 hours ago, Goyo said:

We have to be patience. There is a lot going on with Uscis. Vawa is under review for reauthorization this year.

Hi Goyo

I was thinking that it will be  next year

Hello everyone, my VAWA was approved today! I am so happy, I cried so hard. Thank you so much everyone for all your support, it was a hard wait but I'm glad that we support each other so much on this forum.

Jan 5 2017 - filed I-360

Jan 9 2017 - Notice date

May 22 2017 - Approval status update

I did not get any RFEs.

Thank you everyone, and may God grant each of you peace as you go along on your journey.

Screenshot_2018-05-22-08-30-31-1.png

1 minute ago, Tortmaster said:

Hello everyone, my VAWA was approved today! I am so happy, I cried so hard. Thank you so much everyone for all your support, it was a hard wait but I'm glad that we support each other so much on this forum.

Jan 5 2017 - filed I-360

Jan 9 2017 - Notice date

I did not get any RFEs.

Thank you everyone, and may God grant each of you peace as you go along on your journey.

Congratulations!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Tortmaster said:

Jan 5 2017 - filed I-360

Jan 9 2017 - Notice date

I did not get any RFEs.

Congrats to you, am glad they are now working on 2017 cases am a June filler so I still have 8 months to go

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Ziongirl said:

Congrats to you, am glad they are now working on 2017 cases am a June filler so I still have 8 months to go

congrats :)

Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Ziongirl said:

26 minutes ago, Ziongirl said:

Yes!!!!!!! congratulations sweetie.

37 minutes ago, Tortmaster said:

Jan 5 2017 - filed I-360

Jan 9 2017 - Notice date

I did not get any RFEs.

Congrats! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.