3,014 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Deegirl said:

So sorry to hear about all you are going through but I believe you don’t have to go through the stress of filing VAWA. All you have to do is to file to remove the condition on your green card. You have a strong chance. Include all the documents you have with you together with the pictures. If you don’t have your baby’s Hutu certificate, you maybe able to get a copy of that. Pls do further online research. For any documents you don’t have and you need you maybe able to get copies of those documents from relevant authorities. I wish you God’s best. Be strong, things will get sorted out.

35 minutes ago, Tortmaster said:

My dear, my understanding is that you cannot file for a VAWA when you have a conditional green card. You have to file for a waiver of the joint filing requirement. There are several basis for the waiver, and abuse is one of them.

Thank you so much but my question is can i file for a remover from abroad, I'm so confused

20 minutes ago, Goldenvessel said:

So sorry to hear about all you are going through but I believe you don’t have to go through the stress of filing VAWA. All you have to do is to file to remove the condition on your green card. You have a strong chance. Include all the documents you have with you together with the pictures. If you don’t have your baby’s Hutu certificate, you maybe able to get a copy of that. Pls do further online research. For any documents you don’t have and you need you maybe able to get copies of those documents from relevant authorities. I wish you God’s best. Be strong, things will get sorted out.

Thank you so much, really appreciate. Can i withdraw the VAWA petition and can i also file form i 751 waiver based on abuse from abroad  as I'm not in the U.S.A. My conditional green card expired since Dec 20th, 2017

Edited by Deegirl

10 minutes ago, Deegirl said:

Thank you so much but my question is can i file for a remover from abroad, I'm so confused

Download Form I-751 instructions and see if it says anything about filing from abroad.

Is your conditional green card expired? If not, I think  you may be able to get a transport letter from the embassy and return using the conditional green card. 

14 minutes ago, Tortmaster said:

Download Form I-751 instructions and see if it says anything about filing from abroad.

Is your conditional green card expired? If not, I think  you may be able to get a transport letter from the embassy and return using the conditional green card. 

The conditional green card is expired and my husband took it away with him

2 minutes ago, Deegirl said:

The conditional green card is expired and my husband took it away with him

If you are married, lived together, have proof of the abuse you are likely eligible to file a vawa petition, I am not certain if you may obtain an advance parole or not but consult an immigration attorney as well to do it all correctly. @sandranj has experience with different vawa scenarios also check ***removed*** & avvo websites. I hope you get though this very soon.

Timeline: 

May 2016 retained an attorney and started to prepare my VAWA petition. 

11/08/2016 mailed my packet

11/28/2016 USCIS rejected my packet (expired forms) :(((  

11/29/2016 Mailed my packet again Via ExpressMail (I-360, I-485, I-864w, I-765, I-912, G-325A) with previous rejection notice on top & a request to expedite EAD

12/14/2016 Date on the NOA  

12/31/2016 Attorney emailed my Prima Facie (Notice date 12/19/2018)   (180 days)

01/14/2017 Mailed my husband’s birth certificate with the blue receipt that came with my Prima Facie

01/17/2018 I-360 online Update (correspondence received)

12/25/2016 Notice for Biometrics

01/12/2017 Biometrics completed

01/31/2017 EAD update (Ordered my new card)

02/04/2017 My first EAD delivered.

02/06/2017 Picked my EAD & applied for SSN

02/14/2017 Applied for state ID

02/15/2017 Applied for Medicaid

06/03/2017 Received my Prima Facie (180 days)

10/22/2017 Mailed EAD Renewal  & AP & Waiver (I-765. I-131, I-912) and request to extend PF

11/21/2017 Received my Prima Facie (60 days)

12/13/2017 Received my New EAD/AP combo card

03/08/2018 Received my Prima Facie (60 days)

05/03/2018 Received my 5th Prima Facie (180 days)

05/08/2018   VAWA approved (online Update)

05/14/2018  Case moved to NBC 

05/15/2018 Approval notice & Deferred Action delivered 

07/26/2018 Mailed EAD Renewal  & AP & Waiver (I-765. I-131, I-912)

09/05/2018 update (ِِAfter responding to the senator's inquiry USCIS stated my file was mailed 08/14/2018 and received by NYC field office 08/23/2018) 

9/22/2018 Received my New EAD/AP combo card

10/24/2018  Attorney emailed my interview notice

11/05/2018 Completed the medical (I-693)

11/08/2018  interview for I-485    (took I-693, W2 & Employment verification letter)     Details in this link https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/679733-vawa-part-11/?page=173&tab=comments#comment-9464423

11/16/2018 Received my GC

08/10/2021 Submitted form N-400 Online and received the receipt notice

08/18/2021 Received notice for biometric reuse

01/18/2022 Notice of interview

02/15/2022 Interview for N-400 and test 

02/22/2022 N-400 approved

02/23/2022 Oath Ceremony Scheduled 

03/17/2022 Oath Ceremony

13 minutes ago, gramercy said:

If you are married, lived together, have proof of the abuse you are likely eligible to file a vawa petition, I am not certain if you may obtain an advance parole or not but consult an immigration attorney as well to do it all correctly. @sandranj has experience with different vawa scenarios also check ***removed*** & avvo websites. I hope you get though this very soon.

Thank you so much, i really appreciate. We were married, lived together throughout my stay and had a baby while i was with him.

Edited by Deegirl

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 5/14/2018 at 3:23 PM, Blackangel said:

Sandra can you answer me. 

I had my interview in January 17th, 2018, and the IO said that my case was approved. But since that day I did not receive any notice. 

I already did an infopass and they said to me that my case is currently pending adjudication.

I’m already divorced from my abusive ex-husband, and I have them the original copy of my divorce. 

its any chance that they can cancel and/or denied my green card?  

USCIS will deny your green card just if they find out about something that they did not know when they adjudicated your VAWA such as if you remarried before VAWA approval, any kind of misrepresentation etc. 

Timeline
On 5/16/2018 at 6:31 PM, Kleenex12 said:

One year?thats strange I have never heard of one year Prima Facie and by the way is that your 3rd?please @sandra do you have any February or March Approvals??the wait hurts 

I have several cases approved, filed in February 2017 

Timeline

Y

17 hours ago, rayofhope said:

As it was not fully translated so this time ex has sent me translated decree , affidavit of translator, my ex personal affidavit that he got divorce and remarried and his passport copy in which his present wife name is there. Im getting translated my decree here as well just to be safer side.

Also Sandranj i have got one probono from legal aid she is ready to file but she said she has been practicing only for 4 years but she said she will not abandon my case . I talked to one private attorney he asked $2000 for appeal and he will take in payments what do you suggest as i am confused what to do only 2 weeks left. 🙏🏼🙏🏼

A copy of his passport showing his wife name is useless because they are questioning is your marriage with him, not his marriage with another woman. I see often incompetent attorneys working in their field 20,30 years. It's up to you who you should hire. Good luck.

Filed: Other Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Thx Sandranj... as i dont have a choice except going with the  pro bono attorney as I don’t have money also as she is reviewing my case ..hoping next week she finds better solution..

just prsying to god ..🙏🏼🙏🏼😌😌

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.