3,014 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, SssMay said:

Can you tell me what things I need to prepare when I want to renewal the EAD. Thanks.

It’s the same process as when you intially apply. You need to send two passport sized pictures and a fee waiver or the fees. And there is an option on form I-765 for renewal (as opposed to initial application). 

If your biometrics are less than 15 months old, they will most likely use the old ones and not invite you to take new ones. 

Filed: Other Country: Gambia
Timeline
2 hours ago, iwillsurvive said:

It’s the same process as when you intially apply. You need to send two passport sized pictures and a fee waiver or the fees. And there is an option on form I-765 for renewal (as opposed to initial application). 

If your biometrics are less than 15 months old, they will most likely use the old ones and not invite you to take new ones. 

So I got Prima Facie extension today that is valid till November 2018 that’s my 3rd in my 13th month wait,it’s depressing can’t work or do anything since my abusive spouse was a Lpr😒😒😒😒I don’t know how I will survive till the 15th month to start hoping to hear from them!i need God’s intervention because it’s stressful and it’s killing me slowly 😰😰😰

Filed: Other Timeline
53 minutes ago, Kleenex12 said:

So I got Prima Facie extension today that is valid till November 2018 that’s my 3rd in my 13th month wait,it’s depressing can’t work or do anything since my abusive spouse was a Lpr😒😒😒😒I don’t know how I will survive till the 15th month to start hoping to hear from them!i need God’s intervention because it’s stressful and it’s killing me slowly 😰😰😰

So one should not expect a vawa outcome if there’s a valid Prima Facie at hand? I am a March 2017 filer and just got a prima facie that’s valid for one year 😰😰😰. 

2 minutes ago, Weldonboy said:

So one should not expect a vawa outcome if there’s a valid Prima Facie at hand? I am a March 2017 filer and just got a prima facie that’s valid for one year 😰😰😰. 

Prima Facie gets issued randomly by USCIS. Has nothing to say about whether your VAWA will be approved/denied or whether you get an RFE or not. 

You can just use it to receive certain public benefits. They will extend PF as long as your VAWA is pending. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Weldonboy said:

One year?thats strange I have never heard of one year Prima Facie and by the way is that your 3rd?please @sandra do you have any February or March Approvals??the wait hurts 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

Prima Facie gets issued randomly by USCIS. Has nothing to say about whether your VAWA will be approved/denied or whether you get an RFE or not. 

You can just use it to receive certain public benefits. They will extend PF as long as your VAWA is pending. 

@iwillsurvive the problem is that why do some people gets 60 days why others 180 and now a year??😪😪😪

Just now, iwillsurvive said:

@iwillsurvive thanks for your response. I was just freaked out by @Kleenex12 post 

17 minutes ago, Kleenex12 said:

@iwillsurvive the problem is that why do some people gets 60 days why others 180 and now a year??😪😪😪

It used to be that the first and second PF were 180 days long each and third and fourth etc. was 60 days each. 

Seems to be a new thing that they issue a 1 year long PF. Maybe it is because processing times are so much longer now. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, iwillsurvive said:

It used to be that the first and second PF were 180 days long each and third and fourth etc. was 60 days each. 

Seems to be a new thing that they issue a 1 year long PF. Maybe it is because processing times are so much longer now. 

Thanks a lot for ur response!God bless you!🙏🙏

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
2 hours ago, Kleenex12 said:

Cuz USCIS is a mess

3 hours ago, Kleenex12 said:

One year?thats strange I have never heard of one year Prima Facie and by the way is that your 3rd?please @sandra do you have any February or March Approvals??the wait hurts 

Well it’s my very first Prima Facie. I never had one till I contacted my Congressman’s Office for help. Thou I had  RFE for bonafide marriage and good moral character back in March of 2017, however I responded to the rfe almost instantaneously but never got anything until like I said contacted the congressman office. And now they issued me a year Prima Facie. And the document reads this “ do not expect a decision soon and when your Prima Facie is close to expiration, we would automatically renew it and send fort the new Prima Facie” 

Filed: Other Country: Indonesia
Timeline
On 5/9/2018 at 11:02 AM, sandranj said:

I am not understanding you, did you submit a copy of the divorce decree and respective translation? why did you ask your ex-husband to send you  the divorce decree in English if you already submitted?

As it was not fully translated so this time ex has sent me translated decree , affidavit of translator, my ex personal affidavit that he got divorce and remarried and his passport copy in which his present wife name is there. Im getting translated my decree here as well just to be safer side.

Also Sandranj i have got one probono from legal aid she is ready to file but she said she has been practicing only for 4 years but she said she will not abandon my case . I talked to one private attorney he asked $2000 for appeal and he will take in payments what do you suggest as i am confused what to do only 2 weeks left. 🙏🏼🙏🏼

Edited by rayofhope
Spelling

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.