3,014 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Willow81 said:

Hi guys, 

Today i received an update from USCIS stating that they have issued a RFE for my VAWA. My PD is 2nd Feb 2018.

So cases are moving forward. I will post an update once i receive the RFE

Thanks, this is very helpful to know. I haven't seen any January approvals, I would think there should be some by now.

Good luck with the RFE.

On 5/2/2018 at 6:44 PM, sandranj said:

Not yet.

Good Morning. Would you let us know please when you get some April '17 approvals ? I'm starting to get really impatient. I'm hoping as soon as you get some, I'll get mine! 

2 hours ago, Tortmaster said:

Thanks, this is very helpful to know. I haven't seen any January approvals, I would think there should be some by now.

Good luck with the RFE.

Willow is 2018

55 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

It is taking 15+ months, so April 2017 filers  should start to hear in July 2018. 

I know. I'm just hoping it's sooner. Today would be nice! 😂😂😂

4 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

Trust me, everyone would love that. It definitely prepares us to be patient in life 😃

I am going on 17 months now, waiting for my approval after submitting my RFE

I know. Yeah I don't like this lesson 😂😂. A year was ok but now my patience is running thin! That sucks. May be we will both get it at the same time! Was it you that got the RFE at 15 months? What did they ask for? I have forgotten

Hi everyone,

I hit the one year mark today. USCIS received my vawa application one year ago today. Its been a long ride I'm starting to get anxious knowing that I'm almost there. Any May fillers? 

18 minutes ago, MJM2001 said:

I know. Yeah I don't like this lesson 😂😂. A year was ok but now my patience is running thin! That sucks. May be we will both get it at the same time! Was it you that got the RFE at 15 months? What did they ask for? I have forgotten

Yes I received my RFE at 15 months :) 

the sad thing is that it might be up to a year after VAWA approval to receive the GC. 

4 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

the sad thing is that it might be up to a year after VAWA approval to receive the GC. 

what was your RFE about?

2 minutes ago, Ingodshands94 said:

what was your RFE about?

Good moral character. They asked for police clearance from the country I lived in right before moving to the US, even though I only lived there for 4.5 months. I didn’t submit it with my petition because they say they only want it from places you have lived for 6 months or more. Not sure why they asked for it. Seems like a mistake to me. 

2 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

Good moral character. They asked for police clearance from the country I lived in right before moving to the US, even though I only lived there for 4.5 months. I didn’t submit it with my petition because they say they only want it from places you have lived for 6 months or more. Not sure why they asked for it. Seems like a mistake to me. 

Did you submit moral character from the US with your application earlier?

2 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

how long have you lived in the US? Do they ask for where you have lived the last 3 years right? 

17 minutes ago, Goldenvessel said:

Did you submit moral character from the US with your application earlier?

Yes I submitted police clearance from the US and country I last lived in for more than 6 months before moving to the US. 

I have lived in the US since 2015, filed VAWA in 2016, so I submitted all clearances for 3 years prior to filing where I lived for 6+ months but I didn’t submit clearance from places where I lived less than 6 months. 

19 minutes ago, Ingodshands94 said:

how long have you lived in the US? Do they ask for where you have lived the last 3 years right? 

I had submitted all clearances from 3 years prior to filing for where I have lived in for more than 6 months. 

30 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

I know. I'm in the same boat with the GC.  I'll only have a years worth of patience for that too! 😂😂 What the RFE - I can't remember

32 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

It's ok. Just saw RFE

Filed: Other Timeline
16 hours ago, betelgeuse said:

So from what I've read, it only takes USCIS 15-19 months to approve I360? And then you still have to wait for an interview for like a year, and then God knows how long after the interview?

This is crazy...

Waiting 15-19 months for Vawa, and if you didn't submit AOS with vawa, add 5-7 months for EAD.  I gotta get my EAD to save up to file my AOS because I need to do a waiver and the non-profit that helped me with VAWA won't do my AOS with a waiver, so I gotta save up to retain an attorney.  I'm definitely looking at more than a year of wait time... :dead:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.