3,014 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
31 minutes ago, sandranj said:

You cannot work with an expired EAD!!!  You can file form I-765  180 days before it expires. 

But Sandra, what about what is says here?  About the automatic EAD extension for 180 days??  Is this not true then?

https://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/automatic-employment-authorization-document-ead-extension

Filed: Country:
Timeline

I'm confused now.. my i485 was transferred to NBC 11.2016 when the IO put ahold on my i485 because I have filed VAWA

My VAWA was approved 2.2018 - and from then since 2016 no update in my i485 - shouldnt NBC transfer my case to local office and then start counting for the months  to setup  my interview? because its the local office who sched the interview? how can I be in line if my file is not with them - seems like they forgot my file or its sitting down there since its been so long

Edited by PEANUTBUTTER28
added info

30 minutes ago, PEANUTBUTTER28 said:

I'm confused now.. my i485 was transferred to NBC 11.2016 when the IO put ahold on my i485 because I have filed VAWA

My VAWA was approved 2.2018 - and from then since 2016 no update in my i485 - shouldnt NBC transfer my case to local office and then start counting for the months  to setup  my interview? because its the local office who sched the interview? how can I be in line if my file is not with them - seems like they forgot my file or its sitting down there since its been so long

At this point you just have to wait. It takes 12 months or more to get the interview depending where you are. Sometimes uscis do not update their website. Do not count dates or months. Just work and live life eventually you will get it. Plus you are already approved. “People are driving themselves crazy for no reason” there are people who are in this country without status for years so waiting 2 or 3 years to complete this process should be nothing to be stressing about.

Edited by Goyo

19 hours ago, Ranran27 said:

Hey everyone 

i don’t know what to do 

I get remove from Usa when I back from my country to Us be my wife cancel out process in USCIS so when I back to Usa them told me that my advance parole it’s not valid anymore and them send me back to my country 

i file wava case in January 16 2018 

i get already Prima faice notice

and still waiting the problem is that I’m outside from Usa 

anybody know if have something that I can do at least to go back to Usa when I’m waiting to my i360 be approved???

all my life it’s there and that not have something   Worse then that 

please help!!

Do you have a lawyer? Your case is complex and I don’t think you should be doing it by yourself. There are many issues for example did you receive the barrier ( 5 or 10 year penalty? Will you be able to adjust abroad even if you 1360 gets approved. These questions need to be answered by a lawyer. PM @sandranj 

Edited by Goyo

1 hour ago, sandranj said:

NBC will take 30/45 days to ship your file to NYC and NYC local offices are taking 12 months to set up an interview.

Thanks for your reply @sandranjbut my receipt date for my I-485 is October 2016 I applied together with my VAWA. does that date count? or the date they receive my package from NBC?? I can not believe I may have to wait another year.

I am desperate!!!!! @sandranj 

Edited by mariposa2

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
6 hours ago, mariposa2 said:

Thanks for your reply @sandranjbut my receipt date for my I-485 is October 2016 I applied together with my VAWA. does that date count? or the date they receive my package from NBC?? I can not believe I may have to wait another year.

I am desperate!!!!! @sandranj 

They will count the date that your file will arrive in the local office. YOU won't have interview in less than 1 year.

11 hours ago, sandranj said:

You cannot work with an expired EAD!!!  You can file form I-765  180 days before it expires. 

I think there is a mix up here, with the c9 category, if the apply for renewal on time, that is 3 months b4 your EAD card expires, you will be given a receipt notice that extends ur EAD automatically for 180 days until u receive your new card and you can use that receipt notice to extend you DL. I used it before and it worked perfectly, even with an expired EAd u can use it,

On 5/10/2018 at 4:41 PM, Tortmaster said:

Hello everyone, I just wanted to share a brief update on my case in case it can help someone. My vawa is pending, receipt date is January 9 2017. I applied for an EAD before and it expires on June 28 2018. I applied for a renewal of EAD and Advance Parole - receipt date March 7, 2018. Today May 7 2018 I received a noticed that my EAD and advance parole are approved and will come in the mail. No news yet on the I-360

Filed: Country:
Timeline

I just got an update re my EAD renewal, 2 weeks ago, I got an update that they will use my

old biometrics.. now, I got an update that they transferred my case to my local

office? Do they really transfer EAD processing to local office? 

11 hours ago, Allrounder said:

I think there is a mix up here, with the c9 category, if the apply for renewal on time, that is 3 months b4 your EAD card expires, you will be given a receipt notice that extends ur EAD automatically for 180 days until u receive your new card and you can use that receipt notice to extend you DL. I used it before and it worked perfectly, even with an expired EAd u can use it,

The automatic extension also applies to vawa category c(31).

http://hammondlawgroup.com/healthcareblog/2017/02/13/uscis-releases-fact-sheet-on-which-ead-extensions-are-automatically-extended/

Timeline
On 5/11/2018 at 1:17 PM, MsVi2 said:

But Sandra, what about what is says here?  About the automatic EAD extension for 180 days??  Is this not true then?

https://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/automatic-employment-authorization-document-ead-extension

This is a rule created by USCIS, but it's not a LAW, and the rule already changed and they are granting automatic EAD extension just for H1B petitioners and for refuge, asylee , VAWA self-petitioner category C31 and Temporary Protected Status (A12)

Timeline
15 hours ago, Allrounder said:

As I mentioned before this is a rule created by USCIS, but it's not a LAW, and the rule already changed and they are granting automatic EAD extension just for H1B petitioners and for refuge, asylee , VAWA self-petitioner category C31 and Temporary Protected Status (A12). The company where you work accepted the extension because they do not know the rule changed.

1 minute ago, sandranj said:

As I mentioned before this is a rule created by USCIS, but it's not a LAW, and the rule already changed and they are granting automatic EAD extension just for H1B petitioners and for refuge, asylee , VAWA self-petitioner category C31 and Temporary Protected Status (A12). The company where you work accepted the extension because they do not know the rule changed.

Thanks for clarying this Sandra!  I don't envy immigration lawyers, rules are changing so fast its hard to keep up! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.