3,014 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, sunshine99 said:

Could you please let me know anyone from Florida applied for EAD renewal in this year. I want to know the timeline. Is it needed to quit your job if you don't get the new EAD by the time the old EAD expires? I was assuming that you can continue working based on new I-765 receipt notice that renewal is processing. Am I incorrect on this?

Yes you are correct. You can keep working with your receipt notice that gives you extra 180days

2 minutes ago, sunshine99 said:

Could you please let me know anyone from Florida applied for EAD renewal in this year. I want to know the timeline. Is it needed to quit your job if you don't get the new EAD by the time the old EAD expires? I was assuming that you can continue working based on new I-765 receipt notice that renewal is processing. Am I incorrect on this?

It has nothing to do with the state you live in as Vermont is the service center that adjudicates EAD for every VAWA filer. 

You can work with expired EAD plus notice of action for renewal. It will be valid for 180 days from old EAD expiration date. 

Hey everyone 

i don’t know what to do 

I get remove from Usa when I back from my country to Us be my wife cancel out process in USCIS so when I back to Usa them told me that my advance parole it’s not valid anymore and them send me back to my country 

i file wava case in January 16 2018 

i get already Prima faice notice

and still waiting the problem is that I’m outside from Usa 

anybody know if have something that I can do at least to go back to Usa when I’m waiting to my i360 be approved???

all my life it’s there and that not have something   Worse then that 

please help!!

Filed: Other Timeline
14 minutes ago, Ranran27 said:

Hey everyone 

i don’t know what to do 

I get remove from Usa when I back from my country to Us be my wife cancel out process in USCIS so when I back to Usa them told me that my advance parole it’s not valid anymore and them send me back to my country 

i file wava case in January 16 2018 

i get already Prima faice notice

and still waiting the problem is that I’m outside from Usa 

anybody know if have something that I can do at least to go back to Usa when I’m waiting to my i360 be approved???

all my life it’s there and that not have something   Worse then that 

please help!!

This forum has advised people of the risk of traveling out of the state without atleast having a vawa approval. From what I read on this forum, there’s literally nothing you can do at this time other than being prayerful and hoping for a positive outcome on your vawa application. Hang in there bro! Our prayers are with you 

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, sunshine99 said:

Thanks all. With posts related to delays it scared me of loosing the drivers license and job. Relieved my stress by your posts. My EAD expires by early December and was not sure when to file for EAD. If I apply too early ie like 6 months before, the new EAD if approved early would be starting early too right?

It hurts to loose both your job and driving privilege however though not so right, I have seen people go to New York or Colorado to get Drivers license as this states issues up to 5 and 3 years drivers license respectively to holders of Work Authorization. Might be something you want to consider the next time you have a chance 

1 hour ago, sunshine99 said:

Thanks all. With posts related to delays it scared me of loosing the drivers license and job. Relieved my stress by your posts. My EAD expires by early December and was not sure when to file for EAD. If I apply too early ie like 6 months before, the new EAD if approved early would be starting early too right?

You just have to make sure that you file in time to receive the receipt notice before your old EAD expires, so that you are able to use it as a 180 day extension. With that you can work and also go to the DMV to renew your DL. 

5 hours ago, Tortmaster said:

Hello everyone, I just wanted to share a brief update on my case in case it can help someone. My vawa is pending, receipt date is January 9 2017. I applied for an EAD before and it expires on June 28 2018. I applied for a renewal of EAD and Advance Parole - receipt date March 7, 2018. Today May 7 2018 I received a noticed that my EAD and advance parole are approved and will come in the mail. No news yet on the I-360

Congratulations, that is way too fast.

Filed: Other Country: Gambia
Timeline
12 hours ago, Allrounder said:

Congratulations, that is way too fast.

Hello everyone,hope not too much stress any January or February approvals on vawa? I’m losing my mind already!God please I need you to give me strength!😪😪😪

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
19 hours ago, Viva said:

Congratulations..

@sandranjdo you know why some people get their EAD renewed faster than others? They say they process in order it was received but that doesn’t seem to be the case. 

Each officer receives the same number of petitions to adjudicate, some officers work faster than others.

Timeline
18 hours ago, iwillsurvive said:

It has nothing to do with the state you live in as Vermont is the service center that adjudicates EAD for every VAWA filer. 

You can work with expired EAD plus notice of action for renewal. It will be valid for 180 days from old EAD expiration date. 

Your information is not correct. The person cannot work with an expired EAD, even with a pending EAD, the only exemption is for H1B visa applicant.  You are making confusion regarding the 180 days rule, a person can file form I-765 180 days before it expires, but the person is not allowed to work with an expired EAD.

Edited by sandranj

Timeline
18 hours ago, sunshine99 said:

You cannot work with an expired EAD!!!  You can file form I-765  180 days before it expires. 

Hello everyone, my I-485 was transferred to NBC Lee summit on April 18, 2018.

How long until I get my interview?? I am in NYC. @sandranj 

Thanks for all your help.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, mariposa2 said:

Hello everyone, my I-485 was transferred to NBC Lee summit on April 18, 2018.

How long until I get my interview?? I am in NYC. @sandranj 

Thanks for all your help.

NBC will take 30/45 days to ship your file to NYC and NYC local offices are taking 12 months to set up an interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.