3,014 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
5 hours ago, iwillsurvive said:

Check processing times for I-485 for your local office on the USCIS website. New York typically takes 12+ months for AOS, so you should hear towards the end of 2018/beginning of 2019. 

The bad part is i dont even know if it has been moved to  NBC or not. No update of such since Dec 2017,  the still use my fingerprints from my i130..... confused.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
12 hours ago, betelgeuse said:

They have sent me an RFE today regarding my AOS petition that my USC husband filed earlier.

What is field office - my local USCIS office or where I sent the documents? I was sending to Chicago Lockbox initially.

Should I answer the RFE and explain that I have filed VAWA?

You must tell them that you filed form l360(vawa)and submit a copy of the vawa receipt and ask them to put your l485 on hold until final adjudication of your vawa petition.Submit the original RFE along with your answer.What exactly  are they asking you in the RFE?

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
13 hours ago, Goldenvessel said:

Thanks a lot @sandranj for all your help and guidance. I’m wondering is it possible to also change my name on my work permit that I already filed. It has not been issued yet. Can I send a letter or something to Vermont telling them to issue in my maiden name? Will that work?

YOU can ask to change your name with USCIS  just if your divorce is finalized. USCIS will change your name if you legally changed your name and a copy of the divorce  decree is enough to show if you changed your name or not.

The rule I mentioned above is if the person didn't  receive the GC yet  but if the person divorced after receiving the  GC then the person has to file form l-90.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
22 hours ago, bold said:

I think its taking a longer period of time. I had mine in March. So u are still within the normal processing time. Don't fuss. If u are able to work and u got a job, just enjoy urself coz remember back before VAWA approval u couldn't work. I am taking my time and enjoying my professional job and environment. When GC comes I will collect it but before then...live life

Do you know long It’s normal processing time to wait? Because everyone says something different like, no more than 90 days.

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline
1 minute ago, Blackangel said:

Do you know long It’s normal processing time to wait? Because everyone says something different like, no more than 90 days.

I honestly don't. When I inquired online i was told I am still within the normal processing period. The USCIS officer who interviewed me told me a week after the interview but eh...that's USCIS for u

5 hours ago, sandranj said:

YOU can ask to change your name with USCIS  just if your divorce is finalized. USCIS will change your name if you legally changed your name and a copy of the divorce  decree is enough to show if you changed your name or not.

The rule I mentioned above is if the person didn't  receive the GC yet  but if the person divorced after receiving the  GC then the person has to file form l-90.

Thanks a lot @sandranj for all your assistance 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Viva said:

Is it to renew it?c09?

no, it's first EAD (but based on AOS petition abusive husband filed for me).

Now that I have applied for VAWA, God knows how long I will have to wait again since the process most likely will start all over

6 hours ago, sandranj said:

You must tell them that you filed form l360(vawa)and submit a copy of the vawa receipt and ask them to put your l485 on hold until final adjudication of your vawa petition.Submit the original RFE along with your answer.What exactly  are they asking you in the RFE?

Don't know yet, I only received an email saying they sent me an RFE.

Edited by betelgeuse

Hello everyone, I just wanted to share a brief update on my case in case it can help someone. My vawa is pending, receipt date is January 9 2017. I applied for an EAD before and it expires on June 28 2018. I applied for a renewal of EAD and Advance Parole - receipt date March 7, 2018. Today May 7 2018 I received a noticed that my EAD and advance parole are approved and will come in the mail. No news yet on the I-360

21 minutes ago, Tortmaster said:

Hello everyone, I just wanted to share a brief update on my case in case it can help someone. My vawa is pending, receipt date is January 9 2017. I applied for an EAD before and it expires on June 28 2018. I applied for a renewal of EAD and Advance Parole - receipt date March 7, 2018. Today May 7 2018 I received a noticed that my EAD and advance parole are approved and will come in the mail. No news yet on the I-360

Congratulations..

@sandranjdo you know why some people get their EAD renewed faster than others? They say they process in order it was received but that doesn’t seem to be the case. 

Could you please let me know anyone from Florida applied for EAD renewal in this year. I want to know the timeline. Is it needed to quit your job if you don't get the new EAD by the time the old EAD expires? I was assuming that you can continue working based on new I-765 receipt notice that renewal is processing. Am I incorrect on this?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.