3,014 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
4 hours ago, Allrounder said:

Thank you my dear for the reply, u have really lessen my worries.

Hi friend.

By the way just received the ead receipt so exactly 3 weeks and 5 days  means 4 weeks, you will hear from them too.

Thank to Sandranj, gramercy, iwillsurvive for guiding me.

God bless ya

Filed: Other Country: Indonesia
Timeline
On 5/6/2018 at 1:19 PM, sandranj said:

You probably could not prove abuse or a bonafide marriage or both. It seems you received an RFE before and you answered, what did they ask in the RFE? .If you do not have an attorney and want me to look the decision to tell if you have a chance to refile VAWA or not then email me the denial ok. I am an attorney but just to let you know that If you need my help and IF I believe you have a VAWA case I will help you but I will not represent you. Depending of the reason that they denied the VAWA we can see if you can ask the USCIS supervisor for reconsideration or not.

Hi Sandra the decision is based on my divorce decree which they fo not consider how to pm you

Edited by rayofhope
Spelling

Timeline

Guys how to insert my denial decision i pm Sandra too but was not able to insert my screenshot of it... its about qualifying relationship as they didn’t recognize my divorce decree of first marriage...., it says

you have not established your eligibility under paragraph (1) and (2) below

sec204(a)(1)as amended requires that self petitioning spouse must show that he or she :

1) Has a qualifying relationship as the spouse , intended spouse or former us citizen spouse

2) is eligible for immigrant classification under 201(b)(2)A)(i) of the act based on a qualifying relationship with a citizen of US  or sec 203(a)(2)(A) of the act based on a qualifying relationship.

I have written both the paragraphs there in total 7 but it mentioned forst two what I understood..

any idea am i correct or not ...

Filed: Other Timeline
11 hours ago, rayofhope said:

Guys how to insert my denial decision i pm Sandra too but was not able to insert my screenshot of it... its about qualifying relationship as they didn’t recognize my divorce decree of first marriage...., it says

you have not established your eligibility under paragraph (1) and (2) below

sec204(a)(1)as amended requires that self petitioning spouse must show that he or she :

1) Has a qualifying relationship as the spouse , intended spouse or former us citizen spouse

2) is eligible for immigrant classification under 201(b)(2)A)(i) of the act based on a qualifying relationship with a citizen of US  or sec 203(a)(2)(A) of the act based on a qualifying relationship.

I have written both the paragraphs there in total 7 but it mentioned forst two what I understood..

any idea am i correct or not ...

So they're saying your marriage to your abuser is not valid because your divorce decree isn't valid so the second marriage doesn't count?  

Where did the divorce take place?  and where did your marriage to your abuser take place?  

Timeline
53 minutes ago, MsVi2 said:

So they're saying your marriage to your abuser is not valid because your divorce decree isn't valid so the second marriage doesn't count?  

Where did the divorce take place?  and where did your marriage to your abuser take place?  

In my country

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
12 minutes ago, MsVi2 said:

Did you get an original certified copy from the court in your country and had it translated here??  

She stated that they do not have divorce decrees in her country and that her 1st husband only gave her the documents that he had from the divorce.  If USCIS does not accept the divorce documents from the 1st husband, then she is not legally married to her abuser.   That would explain why her I-130 with the abuser was denied as well.  Maybe a U visa is an option until she gets the divorce issue straightened out.  

Edited by Pinkrlion

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Other Timeline
29 minutes ago, Pinkrlion said:

She stated that they do not have divorce decrees in her country and that her 1st husband only gave her the documents that he had from the divorce.  If USCIS does not accept the divorce documents from the 1st husband, then she is not legally married to her abuser.   That would explain why her I-130 with the abuser was denied as well.  Maybe a U visa is an option until she gets the divorce issue straightened out.  

What country was it?  Most countries offer certified court documents, even if it's not a decree per say there has to be a legal certified document that proves a legal divorce.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 5/7/2018 at 2:23 AM, Weldonboy said:

Hello everyone, please I need your candid advice. My VAWA application was received by USCIS on march 6th of 2017.

i had RFE for

(1) Moral Character

(2) Bonafide marriage.

I responded to both rfe's and my responses were confirmed received on May 2nd 2017. Other than we received the response to your Request for Evidence, I did not get any prima facie notice. After waiting exactly a year post filing VAWA, I contacted the office of my Congress Man, and after a steady and constant follow up with them, I finally received a prima facie determination letter 

in my mailbox which  states that it is valid for 1 year and that a decision might not be reached within the one year validity of the prima facie. Though I have renewed my EAD twice based on the pending I485 my abusive spouse filed for me however, I submitted a renewal application for the said EAD back in January 9th of 2018, went for biometric on February 7th 2018 and im yet to get  the EAD card but i was able to extend my employment with my notice of action which got me till November, 2018.

Question 1 : is it a usual practice that USCIS wont take a decision on a case with a valid Prima Facie?

Question 2 : How do i know what benefit im entitled to get with the prima facie in Texas?

Question 3: Can i apply for the benefits while i await receiving my EAD despite haven extended my stay on my job with the notice of action?

Question 4: How more do i have to wait? as i thought i was close to having a decision until i got the notice of prima facie stating something else

Thanks all

Question 1: prima facie is to recieve oublic benfits and has anything to do with VAWA decision.

question 2:Texas just give medicaid if you have prima facie

question 3:Yes you can have medicaid.

question 4:The VAWA decision is not related with prima facie!

Timeline

USCIS is messy but submit a NOTARIZED letter for your I-360 and one for the I-485 stating that your attorney is not representing you anymore and all doccuments must be forward to your address at xxxxx. Wait 10 days and then go to infopass to confirm if they changed the address. Ask your attorney not to forget to withdraw from representation with the USCIS 

Timeline
56 minutes ago, Pinkrlion said:

There is divorce in Indonesia. In Indomesia If the couple got married  based on Islamic Law the divorce claim should be  submitted to a Religious Court , but if the marriage wasn't based on islamic Law tthe divorce should be submitted to District Court.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.