3,014 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, sandranj said:

They will not mention about your VAWA case, but it seems your husband did not withdraw the I-130/I-864 and USCIS was questioning him considering the I-130.keep in mind that the USCIS field where your husband filed the I-130 doesn't know about the VAWA. If you moved to a different place you must inform USCIS through a notarized letter that you moved to a different place ok.

Ok. Thank you.

On 4/21/2018 at 5:58 PM, MsVi2 said:

So this past week has been filled with back and forth conversations with both FAFSA and my state's Medicaid.   It all comes down to them trying to verify my "eligible non citizen" status using DHS's Systematic Alien Verification program, I've lost track of how many times I've had to explain to workers that a battered alien, eligible under Vawa WILL NOT SHOW UP in that system due to 8 U.S. Code § 1367, which is FEDERAL LAW prohibiting the disclosure. 

So just letting you all know that if you are trying to get public benefits and you keep being denied, DO NOT BACK DOWN! Most workers don't know their own state or federal policies, and if they start by telling you that you have to wait 5 years remember that YOU ARE EXEMPT from that requirement. 

@MsVi2 thank for sharing this. I have been having similar issues with FAFSA they keep telling me I don’t qualify for it, even though I explain to them that I’m filing under title IV. It’s been very stressful. Can you please inbox me how you went about getting approved? Thank you

Filed: Other Timeline
15 minutes ago, sunkissed1 said:

@MsVi2 thank for sharing this. I have been having similar issues with FAFSA they keep telling me I don’t qualify for it, even though I explain to them that I’m filing under title IV. It’s been very stressful. Can you please inbox me how you went about getting approved? Thank you

I'll PM you! I'm actually in contact with the Dept of Education in DC and I'm working with my Senators office and the regional SSA manager because there's an issue between the two agencies. I've got a wealth of info for you. :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
22 hours ago, sandranj said:

if her husband   did not withdraw the  I-130/I-864 USCIS can call the spouse to inquire about the I-130 because they are not aware of the VAWA case and USCIS still believes the person is still pursinG the I-30/I-485, keep in mind that the field office may not be aware about the VAWA if the person did not inform  the new address in the previous I-485.

Oh okay i didn't know

Thanks

On 5/4/2018 at 5:40 AM, VawaNation said:

I filed while I was going through divorce at that time, and I had insufficient evidence to prove good faith which ended up being the reason for denial.

On my second VAWA I exhusted every corner required proof, added new evaluation,  background record check, rewrote all my statements adding every little detail, every feeling I felt, the impact it had on me ...ext. Also I wrote a statement explaining why I don't have enough evidence to prove good faith and went on In detail and explained it all.

Added friends+family statements describing the impact it had on me + exempt for good faith + photos + emails + texts + social media posts + lease + bills + restaurants receipts ....

thank you so much for your response

I need to end the representation of the advocacy agency that are helping me with my VAWA because they told me if I want to apply for EAD through AOS I need to close my file with them and apply on my own.

my problem is that I need to do a change of address for my VAWAI-360 because the agency receives everything 

am afraid that even when I do the online change of address USCIS will still send RFEs or anything to the agency instead of the new address

does anyone have info on that and what to do to make sure that USCIS actually change my address on their end

Thank you

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Allrounder said:

Hello every one,  please can some one share his or her EAd application experience, my lawyer applied for mine 3weeks ago and no receipt notice as of now, am just so worried, is this normal? Some one please shere ur experience. This journey is a bone in the neck. May God see us through.

I renew my ead 3 weeks ago too

But no receipt, maybe the 4th week we shall get it

27 minutes ago, Allrounder said:

Hello every one,  please can some one share his or her EAd application experience, my lawyer applied for mine 3weeks ago and no receipt notice as of now, am just so worried, is this normal? Some one please shere ur experience. This journey is a bone in the neck. May God see us through.

I sent mine in March and it took 4 weeks to receive the receipt. Everything is taking longer. 

Edited by Goyo

28 minutes ago, Allrounder said:

It typically takes around 4 weeks (+/- 2 weeks). EAD is taking a while currently. I applied for renewal 4 months ago and still nothing. Processing times can be up to 5 months right now. We just need to be patient. 

Timeline
42 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

It typically takes around 4 weeks (+/- 2 weeks). EAD is taking a while currently. I applied for renewal 4 months ago and still nothing. Processing times can be up to 5 months right now. We just need to be patient. 

The whole process is so slow now! They definitely need to hire more people!

Wish I could volunteer there to make the process faster for everyone =(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.