3,014 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Viva said:

So, my ex sent me a message  last year on January that he is with uscis are asking him about the marriage. This is after divorce was finalized and I had filled vawa. Are they really supposed to relay on his information? Would they tell him where I live? 

No that's not true uscis will never call him about the marriage or get information from him.

He just try to play game with you

Timeline
2 hours ago, Viva said:

So, my ex sent me a message  last year on January that he is with uscis are asking him about the marriage. This is after divorce was finalized and I had filled vawa. Are they really supposed to relay on his information? Would they tell him where I live? 

I think he just tried to manipulate or scare you. I doubt USCIS would ask the abuser about anything, as this petition is confidential (without abuser's consent or knowledge)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
11 minutes ago, SssMay said:

Hello everyone. USCIS mailed my EAD card to me on May 2nd. How long do I receive the card? 

Pls can you share your EAD timeline? Thanks 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
14 minutes ago, SssMay said:

01.11.2018  Filed I765 application

04.30.2018  Application approval

05.02.2018  Card mailed by USPS

Thanks my timeline is a few days away from yours am expecting approval soon.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 5/3/2018 at 1:03 AM, MsVi2 said:

Ah, if your A# is associated with VAWA, federal privacy laws won't allow your information to be disclosed, so if that's a system DHS uses, your info won't be on it, so you won't find a match. 

USCIS will inform if the person  is in removal proceedings or not if the removal is regarding a previous AOS.

Timeline
On 5/3/2018 at 9:40 AM, nap_o said:

Hello Everyone!

I mailed USCIS an extension of prima facie request back in January 26th, so far they have't updated the case online, only says they received my correspondence & reviewing it. 

At the same time I sent a request of change of address and removal of my attorney. 

How long do they usually take to send prima facie renewals? My prima facie was established August 23, 2017 and it expired in March 24th 2018.

Any thoughts?

Your attorney has to inform USCIS that he/she is not representing you anymore.

Timeline
On 5/3/2018 at 4:42 PM, mariposa2 said:

Hello everybody and Hello Dear @sandranj I have a question:

What is a valid reason to ask for Advance Parole?

My attorney says I need to have an emergency but I want to see my family I havent see then in over 3 years.

It's not corrrect his/her  information. if the person has an emergency the person can file form I-131 and with the I-131  receipt   the person can go to infopass and ask to expedite the AP and within 1 or 2 hours they will issue the AP, this is for emergency ok, but if it's not an emergency then file I-131with USCIS and  within 3 months you should receive the  AP.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.