3,014 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
13 hours ago, AIDA88 said:

thank you for your response,

I just called toll press and I was asked to enter A number and said "that A number does not match our records or case has not been failed with immigration court "

what does that mean?

It means you are not in removal proceedings. Did you put the  A#NUMBER of your previous l485?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Hello Everyone!

I mailed USCIS an extension of prima facie request back in January 26th, so far they have't updated the case online, only says they received my correspondence & reviewing it. 

At the same time I sent a request of change of address and removal of my attorney. 

How long do they usually take to send prima facie renewals? My prima facie was established August 23, 2017 and it expired in March 24th 2018.

Any thoughts?

39 minutes ago, nap_o said:

Hello Everyone!

I mailed USCIS an extension of prima facie request back in January 26th, so far they have't updated the case online, only says they received my correspondence & reviewing it. 

At the same time I sent a request of change of address and removal of my attorney. 

How long do they usually take to send prima facie renewals? My prima facie was established August 23, 2017 and it expired in March 24th 2018.

Any thoughts?

They will not update the status for any prima facie changes. They will just send it to you. Make sure they did not send it to your attorney. You can always go to InfoPass. They should be able to see whether it was already issued. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
19 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

They will not update the status for any prima facie changes. They will just send it to you. Make sure they did not send it to your attorney. You can always go to InfoPass. They should be able to see whether it was already issued. 

InfoPass in 2 weeks.. I hope I can get some answers. 

Thank You!

Edited by nap_o

Hello everybody and Hello Dear @sandranj I have a question:

What is a valid reason to ask for Advance Parole?

My attorney says I need to have an emergency but I want to see my family I havent see then in over 3 years.

9 minutes ago, mariposa2 said:

Hello everybody and Hello Dear @sandranj I have a question:

What is a valid reason to ask for Advance Parole?

My attorney says I need to have an emergency but I want to see my family I havent see then in over 3 years.

You don’t need an emergency. You can just leave it very vague and say you want to visit family. 

Filed: Country:
Timeline
14 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

You don’t need an emergency. You can just leave it very vague and say you want to visit family. 

I have a question. My lawyer too didnt want to file for AP for e. Can I apple for AP by myself even if my EAD renewal is already in the process and will she find out if i apply and I wont fill out a g28 form? Will there be conflict? 

Thank you so much 

1 hour ago, PEANUTBUTTER28 said:

I have a question. My lawyer too didnt want to file for AP for e. Can I apple for AP by myself even if my EAD renewal is already in the process and will she find out if i apply and I wont fill out a g28 form? Will there be conflict? 

Thank you so much 

Some attorneys  advise not to leave the country while adjustment is pending because there is a risk of not being allow back into the country. That being said, you can definitely apply for the AP. I don’t understand why he doesn’t want to fill it if you are paying him. I assumed that you are paying.

Edited by Goyo

Filed: Country:
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Goyo said:

Some attorneys  advise not to leave the country while adjustment is pending because there is a risk of not being allow back into the country. That being said, you can definitely apply for the AP. I don’t understand why he doesn’t want to fill it if you are paying him. I assumed that you are paying.

Yea, I am. He didnt have much knowledge re VAWA, I guess. And whenever I share something to her that I learn from the forums, she sounds defensive and telling that I shouldnt be reading forums. :D 

I wanted to have AP just in case of any emergency since I can apply. But she doesnt want too. IF I apply and dont fill out g28 - will they still notify her since she is my atty of record? or will it cause conflict to USCIS coz they will think why I am applying AP without my lawyers signature when I have one on record

Filed: Other Timeline
30 minutes ago, PEANUTBUTTER28 said:

Yea, I am. He didnt have much knowledge re VAWA, I guess. And whenever I share something to her that I learn from the forums, she sounds defensive and telling that I shouldnt be reading forums. :D 

I'm a firm believer that a sign of a good attorney is when they can admit they don't know something or are curious/thankful when they learn something new. 

I've dealt with both types, and I'll tell you right now I trust the attorney who looked up the laws and verified what I told her, and got as excited as I was and said, "yeah, you are right, we can use this in your case."   over the first attorney who told me it wasn't possible and to not go that route. (And it was something Sandra corrected me and advised me on in the first place!) 

Edited by MsVi2

1 hour ago, MsVi2 said:

I'm a firm believer that a sign of a good attorney is when they can admit they don't know something or are curious/thankful when they learn something new. 

I've dealt with both types, and I'll tell you right now I trust the attorney who looked up the laws and verified what I told her, and got as excited as I was and said, "yeah, you are right, we can use this in your case."   over the first attorney who told me it wasn't possible and to not go that route. (And it was something Sandra corrected me and advised me on in the first place!) 

There are professionals who do not like people telling them how to do their jobs and it’s understandable. At the end of the day as consumers we have choices. 

Hello everyone

While being in removal procceadings and then entering a bad marriage 

05/23/2014 filed I360 VAWA

11/03/2014 1st REF (good moral)

02/19/2015 2nd REF (good faith)

01/20/2016 I360 VAWA Denied

I had the option to appeal the decision 

But after a long search I found out that there is a higher chance of approval if I refile again and include EAD AND I485

10/06/2016 Filed I360, I485, EAD

10/21/2016 prima facie

04/15/2017 EAD

04/28/2018 I360 VAWA Approved

Approved Vawa but still in removal procceadings with a pending I 485 

I am supposed to have master hearing in sep,2019

But a week before VAWA was approved I received a letter from the court that my court date was moved to sep,2018

Should I file a motion to terminate or just wait and adjdicate I485 

With the judge ?

Edited by VawaNation

Hi everyone, 

I received the 6th prima facie and it is for 180 days this time. I was hoping for approval after 17+ months.

I have inquired a couple of months ago through the congresswoman's office and USCIS responded  using the  same old statement on their website "working on October!" 

Anyway since it's claimed that VSC takes 15-19 months to process VAWA applications. One can't consider the case outside processing times! Hang in there everyone & please pray for me.

Screenshot_20180503-192200.png

Timeline: 

May 2016 retained an attorney and started to prepare my VAWA petition. 

11/08/2016 mailed my packet

11/28/2016 USCIS rejected my packet (expired forms) :(((  

11/29/2016 Mailed my packet again Via ExpressMail (I-360, I-485, I-864w, I-765, I-912, G-325A) with previous rejection notice on top & a request to expedite EAD

12/14/2016 Date on the NOA  

12/31/2016 Attorney emailed my Prima Facie (Notice date 12/19/2018)   (180 days)

01/14/2017 Mailed my husband’s birth certificate with the blue receipt that came with my Prima Facie

01/17/2018 I-360 online Update (correspondence received)

12/25/2016 Notice for Biometrics

01/12/2017 Biometrics completed

01/31/2017 EAD update (Ordered my new card)

02/04/2017 My first EAD delivered.

02/06/2017 Picked my EAD & applied for SSN

02/14/2017 Applied for state ID

02/15/2017 Applied for Medicaid

06/03/2017 Received my Prima Facie (180 days)

10/22/2017 Mailed EAD Renewal  & AP & Waiver (I-765. I-131, I-912) and request to extend PF

11/21/2017 Received my Prima Facie (60 days)

12/13/2017 Received my New EAD/AP combo card

03/08/2018 Received my Prima Facie (60 days)

05/03/2018 Received my 5th Prima Facie (180 days)

05/08/2018   VAWA approved (online Update)

05/14/2018  Case moved to NBC 

05/15/2018 Approval notice & Deferred Action delivered 

07/26/2018 Mailed EAD Renewal  & AP & Waiver (I-765. I-131, I-912)

09/05/2018 update (ِِAfter responding to the senator's inquiry USCIS stated my file was mailed 08/14/2018 and received by NYC field office 08/23/2018) 

9/22/2018 Received my New EAD/AP combo card

10/24/2018  Attorney emailed my interview notice

11/05/2018 Completed the medical (I-693)

11/08/2018  interview for I-485    (took I-693, W2 & Employment verification letter)     Details in this link https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/679733-vawa-part-11/?page=173&tab=comments#comment-9464423

11/16/2018 Received my GC

08/10/2021 Submitted form N-400 Online and received the receipt notice

08/18/2021 Received notice for biometric reuse

01/18/2022 Notice of interview

02/15/2022 Interview for N-400 and test 

02/22/2022 N-400 approved

02/23/2022 Oath Ceremony Scheduled 

03/17/2022 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, gramercy said:

Hi everyone, 

I received the 6th prima facie and it is for 180 days this time. I was hoping for approval after 17+ months.

I have inquired a couple of months ago through the congresswoman's office and USCIS responded  using the  same old statement on their website "working on October!" 

Anyway since it's claimed that VSC takes 15-19 months to process VAWA applications. One can't consider the case outside processing times! Hang in there everyone & please pray for me.

Screenshot_20180503-192200.png

Im going to be 17 months in 2 weeks

23 minutes ago, digonyc said:

Im going to be 17 months in 2 weeks

If this is how NYC is going on I won't look for anything until October cause am just on 13 months sigh 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.