3,014 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

They are adjudicating February 2017 already, I would inquire with your senator. 

My senator already contacted USCIS and they replied that they sent me the prima facie and that they will send a decision. 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
13 hours ago, AIDA88 said:

To know if you are in removal proceedings or not call  1-800-898-7180 (toll-free) information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 

You don;t have to list speeding ticket.

Q#61  includes snap and medicaid,but it's not considered oublic charge for VAWA filers ok

9 hours ago, iwillsurvive said:

@AIDA88 If your....

Yes they are asking for any public assistance. That includes any benefits you received from the state/country such as the ones you listed above. Make sure you check exactly which benefits you are using as some are seen negative for I-485, so explain which ones you used and why and when you plan to stop using them.  

thank you for your response,

where should I explain which benefits  and  when to stop them? on the last page of I-485 or on separate paper? 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 4/30/2018 at 3:27 AM, Kersac said:

Hello, I am preparing my VAWA application for psychological abuse by my wife. I had a panic attack that landed me in the urgent care clinic. I was later referred to counseling by the physician and I had 2 counseling sessions with a psychologist. Also following the advise by Sandranj on this forum, I went for a psychological evaluation with another psychologist. I had the last session of the psychological evaluation on friday. The psychologist said the report will be ready by the end of next week because it's going to be a long report of about 15 pages. 3 people (my uncle, cousin, and long time friend) have accepted to give a notarize witness testimony of some of the abuse by my wife that they have witnessed in my marriage. Is this going to be enough to proof my case? I know it's usually very difficult to proof psychological abuse. And I can not afford a lawyer right now.

I have enough evidence to proof bona fide marriage including join lease at our apartment, join home energy bills for one year, join phone bills for one year, join bank account for the last 12 months, join car title for our former car, join car insurance for the last one year, life insurance with my wife as  beneficiary which we did last year in August,  and several pictures with family and friends.

I don't have any criminal records and I have some post cards routinely sent to me from my church. And I think the messages on the cards clearly show that i attend church service regularly.

My i130 and I485 were denied in February 2018 because we missed our second interview twice. We did the first interview and it went well. They only asked how we met. And then they turned to my wife and asked her my full name, date of birth, and my parent's name. Which she answered correctly. They then turn to me and asked the same questions about my wife and I answered correctly as well. My wife refused to go for the second interview twice and the case was denied for abandonment. We finally separated on April 5th 2018 after about 18 months of marriage. I am filing a divorce. I haven't filed yet but I will as soon as I am done putting my VAWA application together.

Do you think I have a good case? And am i missing anything in my application?

Write an affidavit stating about your Courtship(at least 2 pages), about proposal, marriage and abuse.Don't mention generic things such as ,my wife abused me,my wife threatened to kill me, mention when the abuse happened, how, where, mention what was your reaction awhen the abuse happened, if she apologizes , if you told to someone about the abuse etc... 

8 minutes ago, sandranj said:

To know if you are in removal proceedings or not call  1-800-898-7180 (toll-free) information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 

Q#61  includes snap and medicaid,but it's not considered oublic charge for VAWA filers ok

I just called toll press and I was asked to enter A number and said "that A number does not match our records or case has not been failed with immigration court "

what does that mean?

3 hours ago, iwillsurvive said:

You can use the receipt date (1/24) as your date to count from :)

notice date just means the day the notice was written but has no meaning to your case timeline

I've been using notice date which is about 3 weeks later. So the receipt date is the starting point????

9 minutes ago, sandranj said:

Not yet.

Thanks

12 minutes ago, Shallovercome32 said:

Good Day everyone, are there any approvals or updates for Dec filers?? I am Dec 6 2016 priority date and still no updates... No rfe...anyone has heard any news? Please share and give me some hope.. 

I am dec 21 2016 and I am still waiting. No RFE yet. I received prima facie only.

Edited by lyn1234

Filed: Other Timeline
5 hours ago, sandranj said:

Do you have to answer yes if your household received snap and medicaid but not you specifically? I wasn't counted in the household, just the babies, though I obviously ate the food. 

Filed: Other Timeline
5 hours ago, AIDA88 said:

I just called toll press and I was asked to enter A number and said "that A number does not match our records or case has not been failed with immigration court "

what does that mean?

Ah, if your A# is associated with VAWA, federal privacy laws won't allow your information to be disclosed, so if that's a system DHS uses, your info won't be on it, so you won't find a match. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 5/1/2018 at 7:18 PM, betelgeuse said:

so, my attorney sent out my I-360 and all the supporting documentation today.

Let's see how it goes :)

I also live nyc 

ask more info  welcome

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
10 hours ago, sandranj said:

Write an affidavit stating about your Courtship(at least 2 pages), about proposal, marriage and abuse.Don't mention generic things such as ,my wife abused me,my wife threatened to kill me, mention when the abuse happened, how, where, mention what was your reaction awhen the abuse happened, if she apologizes , if you told to someone about the abuse etc... 

Thank you for the advise so far. I have already started writing it. I will let you know when i complete it.

Edited by Kersac
Typographic error

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.