3,014 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
9 hours ago, Romero_2000 said:

Submitted on 2/9/2017 and I just received an RFE for good moral character. Finally its moving along.

I read your previous comment it look like you submitted I360 on January 24, 2017 so which one is 2/9/2017?

Hello everyone I am filling I-485 so I can apply for EAD and I have some questions I would kindly ask if you know the answers for 

Am not legally divorced yet and am confused about what name I can use on the form the on my passport which is my old name or my marriage name? ( VAWA failed with my marriage name) I don't want to receive EAD or GC with my marriage name

in the YES/NO questions on the I-485 form should I put YES for Q#18.19.20 my old I-485 was denied does that mean removal proceedings? please check Q#18,19,20 on the attached image 

also for Q#23 does VAWA considered to be relief or protection from removal or deportation? 

and for Q# 25,26 does that include traffic violations like speeding and etc? 

Also on the other page Q#61 does that include prima facia benefits such as medical and SNAP?

Thanks to whoever was kind to spend some of their time to answer my questions:) God bless you all

SCREEN SHOT.jpg

SCREEN SHOT2.jpg

@AIDA88 If your divorce is not finalized, you are still considered married under law, so fill everything out as married. You can explain in your affidavit that you are in the divorce process. 

If your old I-486 was denied, did you receive a letter from ICE that you are in removal proceedings? If not, then you were not. 

No VAWA is not a removal relief. If you commit a bad crime and get convicted for it, you can still be deported while VAWA is pending. 

Yes they are asking for any public assistance. That includes any benefits you received from the state/country such as the ones you listed above. Make sure you check exactly which benefits you are using as some are seen negative for I-485, so explain which ones you used and why and when you plan to stop using them. 

Timeline
10 hours ago, Roms2017 said:

I read your previous comment it look like you submitted I360 on January 24, 2017 so which one is 2/9/2017?

The new website that requires the code to log in had a different date so I went with that one...

The one that doesn't require the verification code says 1/24/2017..

So I don't know what to tell you lol

Timeline
2 hours ago, iwillsurvive said:

@AIDA88 If your divorce is not finalized, you are still considered married under law, so fill everything out as married. You can explain in your affidavit that you are in the divorce process. 

If your old I-486 was denied, did you receive a letter from ICE that you are in removal proceedings? If not, then you were not. 

No VAWA is not a removal relief. If you commit a bad crime and get convicted for it, you can still be deported while VAWA is pending. 

Yes they are asking for any public assistance. That includes any benefits you received from the state/country such as the ones you listed above. Make sure you check exactly which benefits you are using as some are seen negative for I-485, so explain which ones you used and why and when you plan to stop using them. 

Hello Friends

I have 1st prima faci 6 months and 2nd prima facie 6 months and 3rd prima facie determination for 2 months, will expire on May 6th , now i just received an automatic new prima facie extension for 6 months:blink: so confusing my vawa pending almost 15 months now.

I thought the extension every 2 months.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Romero_2000 said:

The new website that requires the code to log in had a different date so I went with that one...

I think the old website cuz on uscis receipt it shows same

19 minutes ago, Romero_2000 said:

Use the receipt date on the notice of action you received. It should be the earlier date as the later date is the notice date.

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline
17 hours ago, betelgeuse said:

are you sure he doesn't need to mention abuse in his affidavit? that's like main document where you state abuse. the rest of what you send is just proof for it.

Correct me if I'm wrong...

My affidavit was like 22 pages, 20 of them where I'm talking about the abuse.

@rza on page 57 of this topic I attached a pdf where you can find a list of all documents that you need to submit and examples of affidavits and such

he mentioned all that already hence the reason he was asked specifically for GOOD MORAL CHARACTER. If they needed more on abuse they would have SPECIFIED AGAIN

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline
13 hours ago, betelgeuse said:

Is it? my attorney told me to write all in one

You have to write everything together in one piece if u are just applying for the first time. After they receive ur documents and they are not satisfied then they will SPECIFY what topic they want u to dwell on e.g good moral character, genuine marriage etc and that's when the RFE u receive will state what is needed. 

Follow instructions and stop confusing urslef over and over again

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
34 minutes ago, bold said:

You have to write everything together in one piece if u are just applying for the first time. After they receive ur documents and they are not satisfied then they will SPECIFY what topic they want u to dwell on e.g good moral character, genuine marriage etc and that's when the RFE u receive will state what is needed. 

Follow instructions and stop confusing urslef over and over again

ok :) thanks again

Timeline
2 hours ago, iwillsurvive said:

Use the receipt date on the notice of action you received. It should be the earlier date as the later date is the notice date.

the received date is 1/24/2017 and the notice date is 2/9/2017.

24 minutes ago, lyn1234 said:

Is anyone still waiting for a decision yet they filed on December 2016. I have so far received 4  prima facie automatic renewals but still no decision. 

I got an RFE on 3/26, replied and just got an update on Monday that they received it and will continue working on ny case. 

Have you not heard anything? No RFE or anything? 

1 hour ago, iwillsurvive said:

I got an RFE on 3/26, replied and just got an update on Monday that they received it and will continue working on ny case. 

Have you not heard anything? No RFE or anything? 

No RFE yet. They keep sending prima facie renewals. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.