3,014 posts in this topic

Well, well... I dumbly realize, I forgot to fill more information in the form i-360 regarding part 4- processing information (continued) page. Since I reside in the U.S, I forgot tu put my birthplace or what states to be my past foreign adress. So all that part including the section where it asks about if i have another filling petition, to removal processing case, I accedentaly  left it blank. Now, im anxious and scare, uscis would reject or deny my petition. Its frustrating since, I tried my best to gathered all the evidence about the abuse , and I survived physical abuse. It was hard for me to do it, all by myself and endure all that stuff for nothing. Its seems like everything I did was not worth it, including my domestic abuse. Far from my immigration status, it boils my blood, to have been through that, since I married with someone for love. And now that I want to have indepence and forget what I went through, it tears myself down even more, that my current situation would still be the same, and would get difficult for one stupid little mistake. Im afraid, uscis, would deny it, and I might have to appeal and wait much much longer in my case, just because i accendently omit that informatioon. So frustating....

6 minutes ago, Valerie899 said:

Well, well... I dumbly realize, I forgot to fill more information in the form i-360 regarding part 4- processing information (continued) page. Since I reside in the U.S, I forgot tu put my birthplace or what states to be my past foreign adress. So all that part including the section where it asks about if i have another filling petition, to removal processing case, I accedentaly  left it blank. Now, im anxious and scare, uscis would reject or deny my petition. Its frustrating since, I tried my best to gathered all the evidence about the abuse , and I survived physical abuse. It was hard for me to do it, all by myself and endure all that stuff for nothing. Its seems like everything I did was not worth it, including my domestic abuse. Far from my immigration status, it boils my blood, to have been through that, since I married with someone for love. And now that I want to have indepence and forget what I went through, it tears myself down even more, that my current situation would still be the same, and would get difficult for one stupid little mistake. Im afraid, uscis, would deny it, and I might have to appeal and wait much much longer in my case, just because i accendently omit that informatioon. So frustating....

Please don’t be heartbroken. Your application won’t be denied. It may only get rejected and returned to you and then you may have to refile the entire thing. 

7 minutes ago, Goldenvessel said:

Please don’t be heartbroken. Your application won’t be denied. It may only get rejected and returned to you and then you may have to refile the entire thing. 

Omg, :unsure::( thank you. I just hope it doesnt lead to my application been denied in the future. Like them, reviewing my application and send me a denial letter after a long wait. Since I dont want to wait for noting.... I dont know what uscis would sent to me. Since I recently sent it to them and it hasnt arrive to them yet..... and now it’s frustrating to know, i forget to file that and now wait for them to send me all back. I dont know whats going to happen... since Some documents I admitted, I might have to do them again.

2 hours ago, Valerie899 said:

Did you sent your translated birth certificate? Because if you did I mean they will know where you come from. Don’t beat yourself up. They might send it back if it is incomplete. You will have the chance to fix it and send it back. It is frustrating because we want things to be resolved fast but we  have to be patient and hopeful. The most important thing is that you are alive so everything else has a solution. 

1 hour ago, Goyo said:

Did you sent your translated birth certificate? Because if you did I mean they will know where you come from. Don’t beat yourself up. They might send it back if it is incomplete. You will have the chance to fix it and send it back. It is frustrating because we want things to be resolved fast but we  have to be patient and hopeful. The most important thing is that you are alive so everything else has a solution. 

Yes, I sent my birth certificate translated to English, maybe that would help. I know, its frustating to make mistakes, but oh well. Thanks for :D the feedback. Lets see what happens.

Timeline
46 minutes ago, Valerie899 said:

Yes, I sent my birth certificate translated to English, maybe that would help. I know, its frustating to make mistakes, but oh well. Thanks for :D the feedback. Lets see what happens.

Can you just call them and say you will send the missing pages or smth like that?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Hello, I am preparing my VAWA application for psychological abuse by my wife. I had a panic attack that landed me in the urgent care clinic. I was later referred to counseling by the physician and I had 2 counseling sessions with a psychologist. Also following the advise by Sandranj on this forum, I went for a psychological evaluation with another psychologist. I had the last session of the psychological evaluation on friday. The psychologist said the report will be ready by the end of next week because it's going to be a long report of about 15 pages. 3 people (my uncle, cousin, and long time friend) have accepted to give a notarize witness testimony of some of the abuse by my wife that they have witnessed in my marriage. Is this going to be enough to proof my case? I know it's usually very difficult to proof psychological abuse. And I can not afford a lawyer right now.

I have enough evidence to proof bona fide marriage including join lease at our apartment, join home energy bills for one year, join phone bills for one year, join bank account for the last 12 months, join car title for our former car, join car insurance for the last one year, life insurance with my wife as  beneficiary which we did last year in August,  and several pictures with family and friends.

I don't have any criminal records and I have some post cards routinely sent to me from my church. And I think the messages on the cards clearly show that i attend church service regularly.

My i130 and I485 were denied in February 2018 because we missed our second interview twice. We did the first interview and it went well. They only asked how we met. And then they turned to my wife and asked her my full name, date of birth, and my parent's name. Which she answered correctly. They then turn to me and asked the same questions about my wife and I answered correctly as well. My wife refused to go for the second interview twice and the case was denied for abandonment. We finally separated on April 5th 2018 after about 18 months of marriage. I am filing a divorce. I haven't filed yet but I will as soon as I am done putting my VAWA application together.

Do you think I have a good case? And am i missing anything in my application?

6 hours ago, Kersac said:

Hello, I am preparing my VAWA application for psychological abuse by my wife. I had a panic attack that landed me in the urgent care clinic. I was later referred to counseling by the physician and I had 2 counseling sessions with a psychologist. Also following the advise by Sandranj on this forum, I went for a psychological evaluation with another psychologist. I had the last session of the psychological evaluation on friday. The psychologist said the report will be ready by the end of next week because it's going to be a long report of about 15 pages. 3 people (my uncle, cousin, and long time friend) have accepted to give a notarize witness testimony of some of the abuse by my wife that they have witnessed in my marriage. Is this going to be enough to proof my case? I know it's usually very difficult to proof psychological abuse. And I can not afford a lawyer right now.

I have enough evidence to proof bona fide marriage including join lease at our apartment, join home energy bills for one year, join phone bills for one year, join bank account for the last 12 months, join car title for our former car, join car insurance for the last one year, life insurance with my wife as  beneficiary which we did last year in August,  and several pictures with family and friends.

I don't have any criminal records and I have some post cards routinely sent to me from my church. And I think the messages on the cards clearly show that i attend church service regularly.

My i130 and I485 were denied in February 2018 because we missed our second interview twice. We did the first interview and it went well. They only asked how we met. And then they turned to my wife and asked her my full name, date of birth, and my parent's name. Which she answered correctly. They then turn to me and asked the same questions about my wife and I answered correctly as well. My wife refused to go for the second interview twice and the case was denied for abandonment. We finally separated on April 5th 2018 after about 18 months of marriage. I am filing a divorce. I haven't filed yet but I will as soon as I am done putting my VAWA application together.

You have to supply the criminal records checks from each place you lived in for 6 months. It has to cover the last 3 years so you may need one from your own country. 

You should also submit the medical records that help your case.

You need your own affidavit.

You need to prove she is a USC or green card holder - birth cert, passport etc.

If you have any cards sent to each other or gift receipts etc I'd include copies of them too. 

If you want to start working again then 485.

I'm in the same situation as you and included all of what I mentioned plus the things you mentioned. I've passed the year wait and heard nothing so far.

Someone posted a PDF a couple of page back which states everything you need or can use. You should check it in case I am forgetting anything.

6 hours ago, Kersac said:

My pinion do not divorce her wait unti you get your green card. Unless she knows that you applied vawa then go ahead

Timeline
2 hours ago, MJM2001 said:

You have to supply the criminal records checks from each place you lived in for 6 months. It has to cover the last 3 years so you may need one from your own country. 

You should also submit the medical records that help your case.

You need your own affidavit.

You need to prove she is a USC or green card holder - birth cert, passport etc.

If you have any cards sent to each other or gift receipts etc I'd include copies of them too. 

If you want to start working again then 485.

I'm in the same situation as you and included all of what I mentioned plus the things you mentioned. I've passed the year wait and heard nothing so far.

Someone posted a PDF a couple of page back which states everything you need or can use. You should check it in case I am forgetting anything.

I have been in the usa for 22 months now. 3 months in Forney, 3 months in Plano, and the remainder of the 16 months at Irving. I will definitely get the criminal records checks. i can do it in all 3 areas. i have no criminal records so it wouldnt be a problem getting from all 3 cities. I do not have any criminal record from my home country. And I can not get a criminal record check from my country if i am not physically present, so i will not be able to get a criminal record check from my country. 

Yes i will submit all the medical reports and my personal statement of my experience in the marriage. i have written my personal report already.

I have a copy of her birth certificate to prove she is a citizen. 

Thank you for the heads up. 

8 minutes ago, God's own said:

Iwillsurvive which everway you're going to get your decision very soon and it will a favorable one, please whatis your timeline? 

21 Dec 2016: filed I-360, I485, I765

02 Feb 2017: Receipt Notices for all 3

01 Mar 2017: 1st Prima Facie

03 Mar 2017: Biometrics

03 Apr 2017: EAD approved

19 Jun 2017: filed I-131

01 Oct 2017: 2nd Prima Facie

15 Dec 2017: AP approved

09 Jan 2018: filed I-765 renewal

26 Mar 2018: RFE (good moral character)

30 Mar 2018: 3rd Prima Facie 

30 Apr 2018: RFE is being processed

I will hopefully get my EAD renewal and VAWA approval soon. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Naperi said:

My pinion do not divorce her wait unti you get your green card. Unless she knows that you applied vawa then go ahead

Well, we already separated. She does not know that I am about to file VAWA. But I am not ready to get back with her either. I have tried all that i can to make the marriage work. I went for marriage counseling alone because she wouldnt accept to go with me. She is not interested in fixing anything thing in the marriage. And i just can not take it any more. What's the advantage of not filing the divorce?

Just now, Kersac said:

Well, we already separated. She does not know that I am about to file VAWA. But I am not ready to get back with her either. I have tried all that i can to make the marriage work. I went for marriage counseling alone because she wouldnt accept to go with me. She is not interested in fixing anything thing in the marriage. And i just can not take it any more. What's the advantage of not filing the divorce?

Get divorced! It is dangerous to stay married to your abuser! When you are married, you are legally tied to your spouse, so if they have debt and can’t pay it, you have to pay for it. Get divorced as soon as you can. Many abusers will use financial abuse after separation to continue controlling you. Please be safe and divorce them. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.