3,014 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Lithuania
Timeline

can someone tell me if the affidavits from friends need to written by hand, or its ok to write them on the computer and sign them by hand ?

do i also need to notarize all this affidavits from friends ?

Filed: Other Timeline
8 hours ago, digonyc said:

Is there any reason why some EAD are being renewed faster than others? It has anything to do with the case?

My case took about 9 weeks and some other are taking 5 months.

Thank you

Hi I'm in the same boat with you. Mine was approved December and card was mailed to me in January. I've not got my card yet but I've the extended extension. And when intended for service request it the system advised to me to wait about 120 days to receive the physical card to be delivered by USPS with tracking.

9 hours ago, NiceGuyXLE said:

can someone tell me if the affidavits from friends need to written by hand, or its ok to write them on the computer and sign them by hand ?

I would suggest to have them written on a computer. It looks more professional. And Sandra suggests to have them notarized otherwise USCIS will not take them into consideration. 

10 hours ago, NiceGuyXLE said:

It is better if they can do it on the computer some handwrite are not that clear.  All of them need to be notarized so the immigration officer knows that those affidavits are legit. Also, make  sure they include their address and phone numbers. 

Edited by Goyo

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, Goyo said:

It is better if they can do it on the computer some handwrite are not that clear.  All of them need to be notarized so the immigration officer knows that those affidavits are legit. Also, make  sure they include their address and phone numbers. 

It's not required that they be notarized, however, it's always better to have them notarized.  None of mine were and they were still taken into account, but if I had to do it over I would definitely notarized them to be on the safe side. 

On 4/25/2018 at 6:58 AM, rza said:

i didn't send shared residence  documents or good faith marriage but i send good moral character certificate from my country but not from USA and i applied everything together i 485 , advance parole and work permit that's why i didn't get prima facie 

thank you for your response,hope you get what you're waiting for in the right time:)

Timeline

14 hours ago, NiceGuyXLE said:

I provided 4 affidavits, all of them signed, printed on a computer, two of them notarized. One of them was from Ukrainian friend so it was in Ukrainian, so it was translated and notarized in Ukraine.

On 4/24/2018 at 2:22 PM, sandranj said:

NYC local offices are taking 12/14months to schedule the AOS interview.

Hello @sandranj, so we should wait around 1 year for the AOS interiew after we approved for i-360?

Filed: Country:
Timeline

I have a question about processing time, my local office current date for i485 is March 2017. 

My priority date is Jan 2016 for my i485 that they put a hold pending my vawa.. 

my vawa was approved 2.2018 

does that mean that the date I will have to wait is 2.2018 to be current? Or they will go after my intial priority date? My i485 is still with NBC. I havent received any update about it. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.