3,014 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, valentine4God said:

guys my said it was mailed but it been 7 working days and  i have not received anything. the Uscis called the apartment office that i stay with my sister's husband and the office told them that i don't live there , because  my name is not on the lease what do i do, and waiting for my EAD

How come they have a phone number for the apartment’s office. That’s so strange. Did you send the lease? 

30 minutes ago, Iraaaa said:

Wow! I didn’t see my family for several years. But is it possible they didn’t let me back in to the states? I was illegal in the country for several years. 

35 minutes ago, digonyc said:

Yes, I did traveled 3 times already!

Enjoy it!

Were you in the states illigally Too??? Then with your advance parole cArds you are able to travel and they let you in back here??? Is this safe?

When traveling with Advance Parole, there is ALWAYS a risk of not being let back in. It is completely up to the officer who is at the border/airport. Nobody can tell you if it will work for you. Many people travel successfully, many people don’t. You have to decide for yourself whether it is worth the risk. Sandra always suggests only to travel after VAWA approval. But again, there is never a guarantee. Every officer and every instance is different. Just because it worked for someone else does not mean it will work for you and just because it didn’t work for someone else does not mean it won’t work for you. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 hours ago, Goyo said:

How come they have a phone number for the apartment’s office. That’s so strange. Did you send the lease? 

no but am fixing to thanks

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, iwillsurvive said:

When traveling with Advance Parole, there is ALWAYS a risk of not being let back in. It is completely up to the officer who is at the border/airport. Nobody can tell you if it will work for you. Many people travel successfully, many people don’t. You have to decide for yourself whether it is worth the risk. Sandra always suggests only to travel after VAWA approval. But again, there is never a guarantee. Every officer and every instance is different. Just because it worked for someone else does not mean it will work for you and just because it didn’t work for someone else does not mean it won’t work for you. 

Then I will not travel 😞. I’m scared.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Is it normal timeline that my I360 approved since May 2017, So far I still waiting for interview?

My second medical Exam will expire on June!

I live in New York

2 hours ago, digonyc said:

Yes, I did traveled 3 times already!

Enjoy it!

Could I ask you did u overstayed your status here before applying for Vawa? I read at the site of uscics that chances are much more higher not to be allowed back to United States traveling with advanced parole if you were illegally here .

17 minutes ago, Iraaaa said:

Could I ask you did u overstayed your status here before applying for Vawa? I read at the site of uscics that chances are much more higher not to be allowed back to United States traveling with advanced parole if you were illegally here .

The way things are right now If I were you I wouldn’t take the risk.  I sent my Vawa 13 months ago time flies. 

On 4/21/2018 at 2:19 PM, vawamale said:

Hey all,

I have been following this post for a while but first time post here. Originally, my spouse filed I485 and I330 on behalf of me. However, things took a downturn then I filed I360 by my own lately. So in the I330 interview, I showed up alone and requisitioned the IO to hold the I485 in abeyance. I haven't received any correspondences regarding I485 afterward, but it seems like the district office granted my request since I was able to renew my EAD based on c09 and both I485 and I330 are still pending. 

Fortunately, my VAWA i360 was approved last month. But I haven't received any updates with respect to the I485 yet. My question is do I need to do anything to reopen the I485 or USCIS will resume the I485 processing automatically upon i360 approval? I'm doing this case per se, so any help will be greatly appreciated!

I am in the same situation @vawamale
I attended the interview without my wife and they agreed to put the case on hold until I360 is adjudicated.
I360 was approved a month ago (despite several skeptical voices here ;-)] but there is no sign of I485 moving yet.
My lawyer inquired at the local office and finally received an answer stating that the I485 processing will resume upon arrival of the vawa file at the local office. 
Now, it is difficult to estimate how long the trip from Vermont to the local office is going to take and when we'll hear from them again.
I believe it depends on each office's backlog but I am expecting this to take a lot less time than a newly filed I485 (which at my local office is now 22 to 24 months!!
One piece of advice - open your account on https://my.uscis.gov and look up your I485 receipt number - in case you haven't done that already.
You could find useful information there.
Godspeed!

Edited by vawaguy
corrected a a couple of misspelled words

12 hours ago, nap_o said:

Hi there, 

First of all: I want to express my happiness about finding this forum -- Only wish I found it sooner.

Here is my info:

I entered US with my tourist visa then married my ex, since we married he got violent and very jealous. I have a pending VAWA Case (filed on 09/2017) I paid $650 to an attorney who was supposed to help me all the way through, he was not experienced in VAWA and kept asking me for money so I decided to fire him.

I had a pending i-485 prior to VAWA filing, was scheduled for interview in Miami Center in 10/23/2017 but didn't go since I was already separated with my USC husband. In January 2018, I sent letter to them to: 1. Remove my attorney 2. Requesting Prima Facie Extension. 3. Change of address. As (04/23/2018) they updated my case, says they received my correspondence. I had a lot of evidence, pictures, police & arrest records in my case. My question is, Can I file for i765 EAD while my VAWA application is pending? My prima facie expired in March 23. I am waiting to get my 2nd prima facie, any idea how long that might take?

My former i-485 has not been uodated online; only says it was scheduled for interview, does it automatically transfer into my VAWA case?

I requested legal help to multiple charities but have been denied service because my case is not urgent to them so I am trying to figure this out on my own, filed my I-485 myself and got no RFE's. Although somehow I feel I am familiar with filing all of these forms, I know VAWA cases are different. 
I appreciate any advice or thoughts about my situation. Thanks.

I filed my vawa in 9/2017, my prima facie expired last April 03. my attorney told me that she filed a paper to renew my prima facie 4 week prior to expiration. not hearing anything from the attorney or update online. 

if your ex is U.S. citizen, yes you could file i765, but keep in mind that in case vawa denial, your name could be put in deportation list. 

Good luck to all of us.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.