3,014 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, PEANUTBUTTER28 said:

So would that be fine if I send another renewal? Coz im not really sure if she did or not sent my renewal packet. Im just scared if it would mess it up.. 

miss @sandranj, can you give me an input about this. Thank you so much

Do not send another I-765, if you can't trust your lawyer then you should find a new one or represent yourself on the Vawa/AOS case.

Edited by sandranj

1 hour ago, iwillsurvive said:

I filed for EAD renewal on January 9th. Received receipt notice on January 12th. Received a note that my old biometrics will be used. No update yet on the card. 100 days since receipt. I am assuming I will have to wait another month or so. 

@iwillsurviveWe are in the same boat. My lawyer called uscis yesterday. An officer said that i765 requests are now taking 5 months to process.  I guess the only thing we can do is waiting. Good luck. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
4 hours ago, sandranj said:

They take into consideration a valid restraining order considering when you filed VAWA.It won't be a problem if  the restraining order expires during the VAWA processing time ok.But if you fear for your life you should renew the restraining order.

Okay Sandranj

Thank you and God bless you

@sandranj      Thank you a lot my dear, What category shall i file it? C9 ? Is it okay to file it by myself as my lawyer asked too much to renew it ? and where to send. Thank you in advance 

Timeline
12 hours ago, rza said:

thank you mam and what should i do about my 3 summary offenses ?? thats what scares me most plz reply me :(

Well, you need to wait to see how USCIS will consider your offenses.Get COURT CERTIFIED DISPOSITION as well to submit.I have to tell you that if your summary offense is regarding harassment USCIS qualifies the summary offense as a misdemeanor. You plead guilty to the charges and the Judge ordered some form of punishment or penalty then  USCIS  may find you ineligible. A minor offense resulting in a sentence under 1 year will not cause Immigration problems, but if USCIS decides that your summary offenses are qualified as a misdemeanor then you are screwed because you have 3 offenses.  If the person has just one offense such as harassment probably would likely qualify for the petty offense exception because petty offense exception only covers one offense. We have several decisions from the board of Appeal that considered summary offenses as a misdemeanor.

Timeline
9 hours ago, Lifeislife said:

@sandranj      Thank you a lot my dear, What category shall i file it? C9 ? Is it okay to file it by myself as my lawyer asked too much to renew it ? and where to send. Thank you in advance 

If you have a pending I-485 you should put  I-765 category C9. You can file by yourself but because you have an attorney you should let him know that you filing FORM I-765. You have to submit to Vermont.Read t form I-765 instructions to find out what documents you must submit along with form I-765.

Thanks @sandranj for taking time to answer questions. You have always been supportive. 

15 hours ago, sandranj said:

The immigration status is irrelevant in Family Court.If you do not want to disclose your VAWA case and your spouse or his attorney ask about your immigration status you can answer "My immigration status is not a material element of the divorce and the custody case. My immigration status per se is irrelevant to the determination of my child's best interests " and probably his attorney will shut up after you say this, " but if the Judge asks about your Immigration status, and you have a pending I-485  you should just answer. I am in a period of stay authorized by the Attorney General because I  have a pending adjustment of status of the U.S Immigration". Answering in this way you do not have to disclose that you filed VAWA, but you can answer to the  Judge what I said above just if you have a pending AOS.

6 minutes ago, Valerie899 said:

Happy to say, that I finally sent my immigration papers to USCIS filled only the form I-360 expected delivery is April 24 at 8 p.m. So April 25, USCIS would finally receive my case. Would see what happens next, and see how long would it take, however, my first step was already accomplished !!! :D 

Congrats!

2 hours ago, Valerie899 said:

Happy to say, that I finally sent my immigration papers to USCIS filled only the form I-360 expected delivery is April 24 at 8 p.m. So April 25, USCIS would finally receive my case. Would see what happens next, and see how long would it take, however, my first step was already accomplished !!! :D 

Congratulations, i filed last month and am in the waiting train. May God do the rest for us

Hey all,

I have been following this post for a while but first time post here. Originally, my spouse filed I485 and I330 on behalf of me. However, things took a downturn then I filed I360 by my own lately. So in the I330 interview, I showed up alone and requisitioned the IO to hold the I485 in abeyance. I haven't received any correspondences regarding I485 afterward, but it seems like the district office granted my request since I was able to renew my EAD based on c09 and both I485 and I330 are still pending. 

Fortunately, my VAWA i360 was approved last month. But I haven't received any updates with respect to the I485 yet. My question is do I need to do anything to reopen the I485 or USCIS will resume the I485 processing automatically upon i360 approval? I'm doing this case per se, so any help will be greatly appreciated!

34 minutes ago, vawamale said:

Hey all,

I have been following this post for a while but first time post here. Originally, my spouse filed I485 and I330 on behalf of me. However, things took a downturn then I filed I360 by my own lately. So in the I330 interview, I showed up alone and requisitioned the IO to hold the I485 in abeyance. I haven't received any correspondences regarding I485 afterward, but it seems like the district office granted my request since I was able to renew my EAD based on c09 and both I485 and I330 are still pending. 

Fortunately, my VAWA i360 was approved last month. But I haven't received any updates with respect to the I485 yet. My question is do I need to do anything to reopen the I485 or USCIS will resume the I485 processing automatically upon i360 approval? I'm doing this case per se, so any help will be greatly appreciated!

According to other people in this site now you just got to wait until they send your GC appointment. 

Filed: Other Timeline

So this past week has been filled with back and forth conversations with both FAFSA and my state's Medicaid.   It all comes down to them trying to verify my "eligible non citizen" status using DHS's Systematic Alien Verification program, I've lost track of how many times I've had to explain to workers that a battered alien, eligible under Vawa WILL NOT SHOW UP in that system due to 8 U.S. Code § 1367, which is FEDERAL LAW prohibiting the disclosure. 

So just letting you all know that if you are trying to get public benefits and you keep being denied, DO NOT BACK DOWN! Most workers don't know their own state or federal policies, and if they start by telling you that you have to wait 5 years remember that YOU ARE EXEMPT from that requirement. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.