3,014 posts in this topic

Filed: Country:
Timeline
4 hours ago, gramercy said:

If she submitted one ask for the NOA to follow up on the case status. Don't be bothered if she seems pissed off it's not ur problem! 

So would that be fine if I send another renewal? Coz im not really sure if she did or not sent my renewal packet. Im just scared if it would mess it up.. 

miss @sandranj, can you give me an input about this. Thank you so much

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Kleenex12 said:

But should they contact them when they know you don’t live there anymore??

3 minutes ago, SssMay said:

Hi, when did you filed your i 765 application?

Dec 1 2017

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 4/16/2018 at 6:48 PM, sunshine99 said:

Could any one with children facing or dealt with Divorce and child custody issues with pending VAWA. Please let me know. I am having trial on Divorce coming up and want to know how the family court treats a parent without any legal status and the rights.

The immigration status is irrelevant in Family Court.If you do not want to disclose your VAWA case and your spouse or his attorney ask about your immigration status you can answer "My immigration status is not a material element of the divorce and the custody case. My immigration status per se is irrelevant to the determination of my child's best interests " and probably his attorney will shut up after you say this, " but if the Judge asks about your Immigration status, and you have a pending I-485  you should just answer. I am in a period of stay authorized by the Attorney General because I  have a pending adjustment of status of the U.S Immigration". Answering in this way you do not have to disclose that you filed VAWA, but you can answer to the  Judge what I said above just if you have a pending AOS.

Timeline
On 4/17/2018 at 1:49 PM, Ingodshands94 said:

Hi Guys! Quick question. I want to renew my EAD but I don't know where to file. This is my situation.

My category would be base on pending I-485. My husband filed for me in California. After the abuse I moved to Florida and change my address. My interview was here. The IO held the I-485 until VAWA is approved. Where should I file my I-765 form?? My EAD expired on January 18th 2018.

You should file with Vermont Services.

Timeline
On 4/17/2018 at 2:29 PM, rza said:

uscis asking for affidavit from friends or family for good faith and share residence i lived with her for 2 months so we have no joint bank accounts bill or anything etc so what do i do plz help and plz tell what should they inculde in affidavit and how long it needs to be and is it important to get them attested or not???? plzzz

The affidavits should be notarized.The affiants should put name, date and place of birth, address and phone number. It should be sworn statements. Get an affidavit from your mother or any of your siblings as well.They should mention how they met you and when, what they know about the Courtship, if they talked to your spouse over the phone, they should tell what they know about your relationship from Courtship, marriage, abuse, and separation.If they do not know about the abuse then they should state that you had a good faith marriage.

Do you have an attorney? if you do not have an attorney you can contact me and I might help you to answer the RFE. I am an attorney but I am not going to represent you ok.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, sandranj said:

The affidavits should be notarized.The affiants should put name, date and place of birth, address and phone number. It should be sworn statements. Get an affidavit from your mother or any of your siblings as well.They should mention how they met you and when, what they know about the Courtship, if they talked to your spouse over the phone, they should tell what they know about your relationship from Courtship, marriage, abuse, and separation.If they do not know about the abuse then they should state that you had a good faith marriage.

Do you have an attorney? if you do not have an attorney you can contact me and I might help you to answer the RFE. I am an attorney but I am not going to represent you ok.

thank you mam and what should i do about my 3 summary offenses ?? thats what scares me most plz reply me :(

Timeline
On 4/17/2018 at 4:57 PM, rza said:

i have a really big question i have 3 summary offense and i was pleaded guilty my wife submitted something against me and i didnt wanted to go on trial so i plead guilty paid 900 dollars fine but uscis knows about it and they asking for my clearance from my country and USA where i lived more than 6 months but what i really want to ask will that affect my case have 3 domestic violence summary offense help me plz im really scared too :(

A domestic violence offense can make you inadmissible, but USCIS when adjudicating a VAWA petition they take into consideration, in cases of summary offenses such as harassment or disorderly conduct, how and why the offense happened, but in your case, you have 3 summary offenses and these offenses might not play in your favor.You have to discuss this with your attorney.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Just now, sandranj said:

A domestic violence offense can make you inadmissible, but USCIS when adjudicating a VAWA petition they take into consideration, in cases of summary offenses such as harassment or disorderly conduct, how and why the offense happened, but in your case, you have 3 summary offenses and these offenses might not play in your favor.You have to discuss this with your attorney.

ok mam :(

Timeline
22 hours ago, Miracle28 said:

Hey guys just want to make sure that we are allowed to fly within the us without being in any trouble? It may sound dumb but I have never flown from one state to another while being here 

You will be fine, just in case keep the prima facie or the USCIS receipt with you ok.

Timeline
21 hours ago, Lifeislife said:

Can you tell me more details how do you renew it ? My card will expired on July and my attorney file Under C9.

Is there any fees to renew it ? my i360 and i485 still pending 

There is no fee to renew the EAD.You can renew 6months before the expiration date.

6 hours ago, Goldenvessel said:

Thanks @sandranj should I send it in now or should I want to get a receipt for the i485 before filing the new 765?

Wait to receive the I-485 receipt.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.