3,014 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Teacher063 said:

i got in trouble need advice

i got approved i360 but i try to renew my EAD by myself but i send wrong category C9 and wrong form I785v, it should be C31?

now uscis ask eveidence about marriage

what should i do ? should i send new application?

if i ignore application  will it effect my pending I485?

If you have a pending I-485, category c9 for I-765 is correct. 

Is the RFE for I-765 or I-485?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
29 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

for my background check its ok to use fieldprint.com  service they charge flat 50 dollars and gives FBI background check from their database is that all i need? plz help

34 minutes ago, rza said:

for my background check its ok to use fieldprint.com  service they charge flat 50 dollars and gives FBI background check from their database is that all i need? plz help

Police stations are typically cheaper. And as far as I know, the background check needs to be from your state and there is a field that says for USCIS on the form they fill out. FBI does federal check not state. 

This is the official .gov website for California where you can find locations. Find this website for your state. Very easy. 

https://oag.ca.gov/fingerprints/locations

Edited by iwillsurvive

Timeline
12 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

Police stations are typically cheaper. And as far as I know, the background check needs to be from your state and there is a field that says for USCIS on the form they fill out. FBI does federal check not state. 

This is the official .gov website for California where you can find locations. Find this website for your state. Very easy. 

https://oag.ca.gov/fingerprints/locations

ok thanks ill try to find mine is Kentucky state

Pls @sandraj and everyone. I need advice on what to do next. I filed for VAWA and submitted a i765 application based on a pending i485 that my husband filed for me. I eventually got a notice that the pending i485 has been denied and my present i765 withdrawn. I have submitted a new i485 to the VAWA unit. However before the denial VAWA unit has started processing my i765 application because I got the notice that says no need for biometric and my application is being processed. Now my question is with the denial of the pending  i485, do you think VAWA will Now stop processing my i765 that I filed based in the pending Now denied i485 or should I file a new i765 based on my new i485 that I just sent in this week.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
2 hours ago, iwillsurvive said:

rfe for i765

but ask eveidence battery, citizen, marriage certificate

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Teacher063 said:

rfe for i765

someone tell me is that a good proof for rfe if u have a baby together my name is on my son birth certificate and i pay his child support too and we r going through divorce right now it says on divorce paper we stayed together for 3 months and i left to live with my uncle what u think  someone tell me 

Just now, rza said:

someone tell me is that a good proof for rfe if u have a baby together my name is on my son birth certificate and i pay his child support too and we r going through divorce right now it says on divorce paper we stayed together for 3 months and i left to live with my uncle what u think  someone tell me 

i also have screen shots of her chat tell me she will call immigration on me if i didnt pay her 80 percent of my salary

Timeline
Just now, rza said:

i also have screen shots of her chat tell me she will call immigration on me if i didnt pay her 80 percent of my salary

i also have a restraining order against her  

Filed: Other Timeline
4 hours ago, Teacher063 said:

rfe for i765

Why would they ask for evidence of battery(abuse) for your I-765? 

@sandranj Can you clarify this?  When you don't submit your i485 with Vawa, you continue to renew your i765 under catergory c31 right? When you finally submit your i485, do you submit a new i765 under category c9, or do you wait until i485 is approved and then renew your i765 under category c9??

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
39 minutes ago, MsVi2 said:

Why would they ask for evidence of battery(abuse) for your I-765? 

@sandranj Can you clarify this?  When you don't submit your i485 with Vawa, you continue to renew your i765 under catergory c31 right? When you finally submit your i485, do you submit a new i765 under category c9, or do you wait until i485 is approved and then renew your i765 under category c9??

Yes once you file form I-485 you should file form  I-765 using  cathegory C9. You can submit I-765 along with form I-485

On 3/14/2018 at 3:47 PM, survivor1 said:

Hi guys, my journey is finally over! Had Interview 9:00am at federal plaza. Was in and out within 5 minutes.  I was asked name, address, my son's information and that was it🙏. Officer said have a good day rest of your day and he'll recommend  for approval. By the time I exited the building I got the welcome text! Thankyou to everyone who've shared their journey and most of all a special thankyou to Sandra for answering all my questions. Good luck everyone....

*Applied for vawa in July of 2016

*Prima facie September of 2016

*Approval February of 2017

Due to circumstances I didn't send in i485 right away.  Submitted i485 June of 2017

*fingerprints done July of 2017, got work permit/drivers license

*interview notice (interview was 7 days after notice) 

*interview today the 14th and got welcome text right after interview. All the praises to the almighty. 

Good news congrats

On 4/10/2018 at 11:13 AM, Rookieden said:

2017 Dec 1st approved 

dec 23rd  transferred to nbc 

dec 27th nbc transferred to local office ( Newark )

april 10th 2018 interview . 

I apply vawa on sep 26th 2016 , no rfe

Waooo good for you congrats

12 hours ago, rza said:

The screen shot that you have is also part of the proof for the baby idont know

On 3/30/2018 at 10:12 AM, CASTIEL said:

Hi Erika because I have a pending I-485 with my previous application I ask them to put on hold on this that's why I still have my ead and ap or combocard. You can still apply for both you just need to fill up the application form I-131 and I 765 and file under C09 but you also need to file your I485 along with this two application. The only disadvantage of having this is that once your vawa denied your chances of getting deported is Higher. correct me if i'm wrong co vawa applicants. I just follow what Sandra and other Vawa applicants process as well. Goodluck I hope this answer helps you.

Hi erika am in the same situation like yours am also in CA but my non profit lawyer is refusing to apply 1765 he is saying ishould wait for vawa approval my spouse was usa citizen .we can link up and see what we can do

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.