3,014 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Cameron.xyz said:

Hi every body here!!! I want to thank sandranj because she helped me by telling me the papers  and forms to submit for my vawa and this week I got my Employment authorization and Social security card thank you Sandranj!! And thank you to all those who reply to my questions here too and share their experience!

Congrats! When you filed your I765?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Cameron.xyz said:

Hi thank you I filed it October 2017

what is form 42 b and who is eligible for that and what it measn explain plz anyone 

4 hours ago, iwillsurvive said:

Was your spouse a US citizen or GC holder and did you file I-485? If yes, then a good attorney should have filed under c9 and it should take 3-5 months from I-765 receipt date to you getting the card (this process is completely separate from your VAWA timeline). 

If your attorney filed under category c31, you have to wait for I-360 approval until your card is getting made. I am not sure what the current processing times are for this, maybe someone else has recently done this?

my spouse is USC, but my lawyer didn't apply 485, he advises me to wait for it, so that means I am going to wait until 360, but doing my biometrics early was ok, or suppose to be done after 360.

1 hour ago, asimove said:

my spouse is USC, but my lawyer didn't apply 485, he advises me to wait for it, so that means I am going to wait until 360, but doing my biometrics early was ok, or suppose to be done after 360.

Biometrics for USCIS are valid for 15 months, after that you need to re-do them but they would send you an invitation for that. 

Your I-765 category is c31 if you don’t have a pending I-485. Unfortunately there is no official USCIS timeline for that category on their website, so you’ll just have to see what other people on this forum say about their experience. 

24 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

Biometrics for USCIS are valid for 15 months, after that you need to re-do them but they would send you an invitation for that. 

Your I-765 category is c31 if you don’t have a pending I-485. Unfortunately there is no official USCIS timeline for that category on their website, so you’ll just have to see what other people on this forum say about their experience. 

thanks for all information and reply

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 4/11/2018 at 10:59 AM, Rookieden said:

I did interview yesterday for i485 based on vawa , IO said she need to review the case . Is this normal ?

IO ask for medical my lawyer explain her why I didn’t get medical bcz i get interview notice in short period.

Sometimes the supervisors have to review  the petitions adjudicated by new officers.

Timeline
20 hours ago, Viva said:

Hello everybody, I need help. Do I need to include rfe letter when I submit the requested documents? It has been 3 weeks and my lawyer will not send it to me. Right now I have gathered documents according to what he told me the rfe is for. What should I do? Thank you all in advance.

Yes you must submit the original RFE along with your answer.

Timeline
19 hours ago, kmogens said:

Hello sandranj, when you have a moment, I sent you a PM. Kindly take a moment to review at your earliest convenience.

I don't remember if  I answered your message or not,  please let me know ok.

Timeline
10 hours ago, Viva said:

Thanks you @sandranj for your answer. I appreciate you.

so today i got status update on old link it says request for additional evidence was mailed  and im really worried whats it about :(

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
25 minutes ago, rza said:

so today i got status update on old link it says request for additional evidence was mailed  and im really worried whats it about :(

Maybe it just the moral report, from police, when did you apply your i360?

Timeline
Just now, Ziongirl said:

Maybe it just the moral report, from police, when did you apply your i360?

receipt date Jan 13, 2017, good moral character from where?

Timeline
Just now, iwillsurvive said:

Did you submit police clearance from all places you lived in 3 years prior to filing I-360?

just from my home country its been 2 years since i moved to usa that report was from year 2015

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.