3,014 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Does any of you know if we really have to repay and redo the medical exam if it's been more than a year? It will be 2 years in September for me and I doubt I will have the money to pay for this again.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 4/9/2018 at 9:58 PM, mariposa2 said:

My vawa was finally approved today!!!. I filed I-360 and I-485 together on October 3rd 2016. Which one is my priority day? the date i filed or the date my vawa got approved? 

Also I was arrested because false accusations of my abuser and the case against me was dismissed. I have the court deposition. do I need anything else? 

@sandraj

If your spouse is a U.S Citizen you don't have a priority date. You need to get a CERTIFIED COURT DISPOSITION.

Filed: Other Timeline
2 hours ago, asimove said:

Hi, everybody,

I submit my  I-765 Mar 14, and I did my Bio yesterday, possible anybody can tell me what will be next, how long it will take to process, after bio, they didn't

give me anything, will they submit online, by themselves, or I have to do anything, please let me know, thanks

My Vawa was approved March 5th and I still haven't received any notification about my EAD, not even a letter to do Biometrics.  What category did you file your i765 under? C31 or C9?

8 hours ago, iwillsurvive said:

I-765 takes a little longer than usual right now. Count 4-5 months from the receipt date. You have to wait. They will send you the card, you don’t have to do anything after biometrics other than wait. 

They are currently working on December 2017 I-765 receipt dates. 

Are we talking Receipt date if filed with the 485, or receipt date from the day your Vawa was approved if filed with Vawa only? (Either way, 4-5 months of MORE waiting kills me! lol.)

Timeline
On 4/10/2018 at 4:48 PM, PEANUTBUTTER28 said:

Can somebody help me. Do I have to do something or just wait? 

Sept 2016 - filed VAWA 

NOV 2016 i485 interview based on marriage. The IO held my i485 in abbeyance to my just filed i360 back then 

Dec 2016 - transferred my i485in a different office and they have the jurisdiction to that ( did not say where) 

Feb 2018 - VAWA approved. 

should I make an info pass or how can I update them re my i485? just wondering because I see people here that when their VAWA was approved, their i485 gets an update too after few weeks or so. Mine was approved in Feb 1, im just wondering if it normal that its been 2 mos that I got my vawa approval  and I havent heard anything re my i485 that was on hold since dec 2016.. 

Yes it's normal that you did not hear about your I-485. Keep in mind that USCIS is messy and often they did not update the case online and do not email the person either.

Timeline
On 4/10/2018 at 4:49 PM, Rookieden said:

My interview was today at 1pm , I went with my lawyer. Uscis website is not reliable it still show case transferred  to nbc . Well interview last only 10-15mins . IO was very nice. First she ask us to sit , ask for ids and take fingerprints, pic than she ask my lawyer which address u want to send gc . Than she ask me to stand up and take a oath. Than interview starts , she ask me when I meet my wife , when I married, how long u stay together after marriage, how long we date together before marriage. When I entered in USA , did u left USA after first arrival . What’s my address. Did I file i130 before i said no . She ask me for medical.copies of birth certificate, divorce decree.  

In end she said she need to review my case .my lawyer ask how long to review she said idk coupe days . 

Is it ok ?i have to worry idk wait game is still on.

You are good. Sometimes the officer did not read the case before the interview then the officer says he/she needs to review the case and sometimes the officer is new in the position then the supervisor has to review the case as well.

21 minutes ago, MsVi2 said:

My Vawa was approved March 5th and I still haven't received any notification about my EAD, not even a letter to do Biometrics.  What category did you file your i765 under? C31 or C9?

I have no idea What Category was that it was don by my lawyer, the reason I ask followup question in my post, because, the advice you receive here, is better

then the lawyers can give you with !000zz of  $ feeses, amazing people like IWILLSURVIVE, SANDRA VIVA and all, did you check with new tracking site introduce by VIVA, maybe your notice was missed in the mail, just to make sure, one more thing I learn here, they have no fixed rule regarding anything, but its always good to ask, you don't lose anything, ask politly 80% chance you will get it, like I never receive my prima facie, I recently asked them, they told me resion we didnt issue that, we didnt have your good moral certificate, see how simple was that, so 1st track, and then ask them, to proceed on your i-765, it must be a small glitch 

2 minutes ago, asimove said:

I have no idea What Category was that it was don by my lawyer, the reason I ask followup question in my post, because, the advice you receive here, is better

then the lawyers can give you with !000zz of  $ feeses, amazing people like IWILLSURVIVE, SANDRA VIVA and all, did you check with new tracking site introduce by VIVA, maybe your notice was missed in the mail, just to make sure, one more thing I learn here, they have no fixed rule regarding anything, but its always good to ask, you don't lose anything, ask politly 80% chance you will get it, like I never receive my prima facie, I recently asked them, they told me resion we didnt issue that, we didnt have your good moral certificate, see how simple was that, so 1st track, and then ask them, to proceed on your i-765, it must be a small glitch 

Yeah, I sent an expedite request over 2 weeks ago for my EAD and haven't received a response and there has been no updates on my EAD case number (I was expecting at least an update saying they received my correspondence.)

I did recently find out that apparently expedite requests won't be approved unless you already have biometrics done, so now I'm just waiting for my biometrics letter to get that done and resend my expedite request.  Still though, it's taking so long even just to get biometrics done. 

Timeline
20 hours ago, MsVi2 said:

Well, I can't say for sure if this person does or doesn't work for USCIS, but I can for sure tell you that they are not very educated when it comes to the I-360. (AND their grammar is bad and the way they write/how they are using words comes off really strange. That's a red flag for me, I personally wouldn't trust whoever this person is.)

-First, you ARE NOT OBLIGATED & DO NOT HAVE to have a police report or arrest to prove abuse if you have other evidence.
- Having a police report/arrest is NOT the only "criterion" as he puts it, to file. 
-You do not need to research the definition of "abuse" at any federal law library, you can find what is considered "Abuse or extreme cruelty" as defined by USCIS specifically for VAWA online easily.
- You DO NOT have to be married for more than 2 years to file VAWA. (You do have to file within 2 years of being divorced though.)

- You DO NOT have to have a i485 approved for 2 years to file VAWA. 

- Having a conditional green card doesn't suddenly make you eligible for VAWA without meeting the criteria for VAWA. (just like not having one does not stop you from filing VAWA)

I don't know what supporting documents or affidavits you sent, and while keeping immigration benefits from you could be considered abuse, it depends on the situation.  If your spouse withdrew your application because of a divorce and you are claiming that as abuse... well I don't think that's actually grounds for abuse and he would be correct in telling you that you wouldn't qualify for VAWA if that is the only reason you filed VAWA. 

EDIT: I just re-read and saw that you are submitting mental evaluations and therapy for mental abuse.  A strong letter written by your therapist and going to several sessions can be quite strong evidence as well as a well written affidavit from you or family/friends.  I would take this person's advice with a grain of salt, they really don't seem to be very knowledgeable when it comes to VAWA.  If USCIS feels there isn't enough evidence they will send you an RFE and you will have a chance to submit more evidence. 

I doubted this person worked with USCIS as an immigration officer because he doesn't know about VAWA at all.

6 minutes ago, MsVi2 said:

Yeah, I sent an expedite request over 2 weeks ago for my EAD and haven't received a response and there has been no updates on my EAD case number (I was expecting at least an update saying they received my correspondence.)

I did recently find out that apparently expedite requests won't be approved unless you already have biometrics done, so now I'm just waiting for my biometrics letter to get that done and resend my expedite request.  Still though, it's taking so long even just to get biometrics done. 

don't worry sit tight, I hope this time you will receive it, lucky you, your 360 was a big milestone, just 2 more to go, 485 & GC, good luck for both, try checking here

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

Filed: Other Country: Tanzania
Timeline

Hello sandranj, when you have a moment, I sent you a PM. Kindly take a moment to review at your earliest convenience.

AOS paperwork mailed 02/06/13

Text received 02/14/13

Check cleared 02/14/13

NOA1 received 02/19/13

Bio Notification 02/23/13

Walk-in bio 03/08/13

11 hours ago, asimove said:

Was your spouse a US citizen or GC holder and did you file I-485? If yes, then a good attorney should have filed under c9 and it should take 3-5 months from I-765 receipt date to you getting the card (this process is completely separate from your VAWA timeline). 

If your attorney filed under category c31, you have to wait for I-360 approval until your card is getting made. I am not sure what the current processing times are for this, maybe someone else has recently done this?

Hi every body here!!! I want to thank sandranj because she helped me by telling me the papers  and forms to submit for my vawa and this week I got my Employment authorization and Social security card thank you Sandranj!! And thank you to all those who reply to my questions here too and share their experience!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.