3,014 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Florecita_Bella said:

Thanks for your words of encouragement!
I remind you that I do not have a prima facie or work permit to be able to work, but I understand your point ...
Thank you very much...

Was your spouse a u.s citizen? If yes, you could apply for ead while your waiting for your vawa case. If you cant pay the fees you can always apply for a fee waiver. I got my fees waived for the i-485 , i re-apply for the i-765 since i had an error on the application. Other than that, you can always try to get the ead. Or wait if your spouse was a green card holder, or you dont want to risk it with your i-485 application. 

6 minutes ago, Valerie899 said:

Was your spouse a u.s citizen? If yes, you could apply for ead while your waiting for your vawa case. If you cant pay the fees you can always apply for a fee waiver. I got my fees waived for the i-485 , i re-apply for the i-765 since i had an error on the application. Other than that, you can always try to get the ead. Or wait if your spouse was a green card holder, or you dont want to risk it with your i-485 application. 

I am currently not married, my ex-husband was a citizen. even my case has not been accepted for review (not prima facie) because my lawyer sent my incomplete file. I'm going to ask for my work permit and answer the RFE that you are requesting, I hope you give me a Prima Facie, I hope you have time for all this before I have a problem, because my ex-husband removed I-130 and I- 485 was denied.

16 minutes ago, Florecita_Bella said:

I am currently not married, my ex-husband was a citizen. even my case has not been accepted for review (not prima facie) because my lawyer sent my incomplete file. I'm going to ask for my work permit and answer the RFE that you are requesting, I hope you give me a Prima Facie, I hope you have time for all this before I have a problem, because my ex-husband removed I-130 and I- 485 was denied.

After you send you RFE for good moral character as you said is the one you need to respond, you should get your prima facie after that! I dont think they would take a lot of time for them to send you prima facie. Currently, I need to take fbi fingerprints for my nursing school, one of the pre-requisites they would ask for the fingerprints is having a current not expried passport! So make sure your passport is current for the fingerprints, mine is expired, So i would need to get a new one. You would need to schedule an appointment for the fingerprints too! Just go to your state fbi fingerprints website and call and you should be set 🤗 Last time like three years ago, I did fingerprints and it took them 2 weeks to give me the results.

Edited by Valerie899
TYpo

Last Monday I received my 3rd Prima Facie, valid for 180 days. I am a June 2017 filer. Do you guys think that within the next 180 days they are adjudicating June 2017 petitions or is it not to be expected to be adjudicated within the 180 days? It has been 13 months since I filed. I am not being impatient, was just wondering what the 180 days mean. Thank you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
3 minutes ago, staypositive said:

Last Monday I received my 3rd Prima Facie, valid for 180 days. I am a June 2017 filer. Do you guys think that within the next 180 days they are adjudicating June 2017 petitions or is it not to be expected to be adjudicated within the 180 days? It has been 13 months since I filed. I am not being impatient, was just wondering what the 180 days mean. Thank you.

It's been a year, am a Jun filed too looking at nov maybe

10 minutes ago, staypositive said:

I’m a March 2017 and heard nothing for over a year until I received my EAD c9 on June 1st 2018. All I can say it’s pretty much a waiting game now! Good luck to u

3 hours ago, staypositive said:

God knows. I'm 15 months. Had emails that they did whatever May 23 yet my lawyer hasn't heard anything. I never received a prima facie. On my USCIS account everything is now duplicated ( we received your case etc for 485, 360). I have no idea what these people are doing. I should have had my green card before filing this. Just don't think. None of it makes sense really. There's no point worrying or thinking because you can't do anything until you hear. I know it's easier said than done but DON'T 😂. It's a horrible waiting game. That's it

On 6/28/2018 at 8:31 AM, Goyo said:

I used Identigo this agency will take your fingerprint and in 3  to 5 days you will receive an sealed envelope which you don’t have to open. You don’t need to have a each precinct report. If you ever have been arrested it will show in your rap sheet. You can do one for each state. I think I paid $ 50. Now if you want additional evidence of good moral go to your closest police department and get a certificate of good moral. Some police department will charge from  $10 up to $50. Don’t worry too much send what you can because USCIS do their own background checks they will find out if you a record anyway. Also, you can have a church or someone in the community to write you a letter stating that you are a person of good moral.

That's what I used for Texas...identigo. got fingerprints from Attorney General office in home state. AK I filled in a form. Home state...did at attorney general's office when getting prints

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Yugoslavia
Timeline

Guys i am so exited. I’m February 2017 . I just got update on my I360 that new card is being produced. Is that mean that my VAWA is approved?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.