3,014 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, Shallovercome32 said:

Hello Guys, 

So I just received my EAD card under C31 today.. But still no approval notice. How long should I wait before making an infopass? 

Info pass will probably not give you any answers. I got my C31 and went to infopass and it was a waste of a trip. I got my approval soon after though, so be patient you could be next. When did you file @Shallovercome32 ?

Edited by Military

The Trump government expands the list of reasons to start a deportation process

https://www.univision.com/noticias/deportaciones/el-gobierno-de-trump-amplia-la-lista-de-razones-para-iniciar-un-proceso-de-deportacion

"The government of Donald Trump announced Thursday a new policy for sending subpoenas or notices of appearance (Notice to Appear) to immigrants, with or without papers in the United States, to initiate a process of deportation.
The new rule will allow the agency to issue notices of appearance from now on when there is "evidence of fraud, criminal activity or when an applicant is denied an immigration benefit and is illegally present in the United States."
In turn, subpoenas for a foreigner to appear before an immigration judge at the start of a deportation process will occur when:
• Cases in which, after the denial of an application or request for a benefit, an applicant is illegally present in the United States. "
 "The USCIS also said that it can refer cases of serious criminal activity to ICE before issuing a pending application for immigration benefits without issuing a subpoena or notice of appearance."

This means that in my case, as my I-485 was denied because my ex-wife withdrew my I-360, they will begin a deportation process regardless of whether I have a Vawa case pending approval?

Please someone to help me with this, it is urgent for me! :(

24 minutes ago, Florecita_Bella said:

https://www.univision.com/noticias/deportaciones/el-gobierno-de-trump-amplia-la-lista-de-razones-para-iniciar-un-proceso-de-deportacion

"The government of Donald Trump announced Thursday a new policy for sending subpoenas or notices of appearance (Notice to Appear) to immigrants, with or without papers in the United States, to initiate a process of deportation.
The new rule will allow the agency to issue notices of appearance from now on when there is "evidence of fraud, criminal activity or when an applicant is denied an immigration benefit and is illegally present in the United States."
In turn, subpoenas for a foreigner to appear before an immigration judge at the start of a deportation process will occur when:
• Cases in which, after the denial of an application or request for a benefit, an applicant is illegally present in the United States. "
 "The USCIS also said that it can refer cases of serious criminal activity to ICE before issuing a pending application for immigration benefits without issuing a subpoena or notice of appearance."

This means that in my case, as my I-485 was denied because my ex-wife withdrew my I-360, they will begin a deportation process regardless of whether I have a Vawa case pending approval?

10 hours ago, Florecita_Bella said:

This means that in my case, as my I-485 was denied because my ex-wife withdrew my I-130, they will begin a deportation process regardless of whether I have a Vawa case pending approval?

27 minutes ago, Florecita_Bella said:

This means that in my case, as my I-485 was denied because my ex-wife withdrew my I-130, they will begin a deportation process regardless of whether I have a Vawa case pending approval?

You need to stop making yourself paranoid. As I said before, just because politicians change laws, ICE doesn’t all of a sudden have more money or manpower to go out and arrest every immigrant without status in this country. You will be fine. Their priority is still criminals. They will not all of a sudden change that to go after non-criminals who are undocumented. You need to not drive yourself crazy and focus on your VAWA petition. 

4 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

You need to stop making yourself paranoid. As I said before, just because politicians change laws, ICE doesn’t all of a sudden have more money or manpower to go out and arrest every immigrant without status in this country. You will be fine. Their priority is still criminals. They will not all of a sudden change that to go after non-criminals who are undocumented. You need to not drive yourself crazy and focus on your VAWA petition. 

I'm not saying that I would be picked up, what I'm saying is that they would initiate a deportation process, quoting me in court because previously my ex-spouse withdrew my I-130 petition and my I-485 was denied.

38 minutes ago, Florecita_Bella said:

I'm not saying that I would be picked up, what I'm saying is that they would initiate a deportation process, quoting me in court because previously my ex-spouse withdrew my I-130 petition and my I-485 was denied.

My ex wife withdrew my I 130 app and the I 485 was denied too. But I don’t think these things can affect my vawa petition. As @iwillsurvive said, you need to stop making yourself paranoid. Relax. 

6 minutes ago, SssMay said:

My ex wife withdrew my I 130 app and the I 485 was denied too. But I don’t think these things can affect my vawa petition. As @iwillsurvive said, you need to stop making yourself paranoid. Relax. 

My Vawa is still not in the process of being reviewed (I DO NOT HAVE A PRIME FACIE) because my lawyer sent the file incomplete and they asked me for an RFE, which I still have not been able to answer, so I do not know if they would give me Prima Facie before I can initiate a deportation process.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Florecita_Bella said:

My Vawa is still not in the process of being reviewed (I DO NOT HAVE A PRIME FACIE) because my lawyer sent the file incomplete and they asked me for an RFE, which I still have not been able to answer, so I do not know if they would give me Prima Facie before I can initiate a deportation process.

Just stop it, have you realized not everyone has a pf? It's been a year and I do not have one and my forms were denied too waiting on vawa adjudication, do you realize you got a year and some months to go? Answer what you were asked for and stop being paranoid. You write too much, get something or counselling , get help

12 hours ago, Florecita_Bella said:

This doesn't change anything much honestly. You are always in danger of being placed in deportation proceedings when an I-485 is denied so no need to panic over this, it's nothing new 

8 minutes ago, Tortmaster said:

This doesn't change anything much honestly. You are always in danger of being placed in deportation proceedings when an I-485 is denied so no need to panic over this, it's nothing new 

I understand, but I do not know how to temporarily suspend a deportation process until I wait for the approval of the Vawa without having Prima Facie, having only the receipt number of the I-360.

Edited by Florecita_Bella

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.