3,014 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
1 minute ago, sandranj said:

In order to file form I-765 category C9 you must have a pending AOS and if the previous AOS was denied you don't need to wait for the VAWA approval to file a new I-765 you just need to refile form I-485 and I-765 again. If you don't want to work now you have the option to file form I-765 category C31 and once your VAWA is approved you will receive the work permit under category C31.

Thanks for the clarification Sandranj

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, MariFD said:

Thank you for the support and help. My case is so complex because my abuser is my son. Hes 23. It's not about spouse abuse. Its family abuse. It hurts me to do VAWA based on my sons physical and mental abuse. But my daughter (15) needs me to be here with her. And I need to provide for her. 

You are eligible to file VAWA just if your son is a U.S Citizen. Is he a U.S Citizen?

31 minutes ago, Florecita_Bella said:

17 days ago I received an RFC request, the letter does not specify the deadline to send the requested information, despite that today I received an email that says:

image.png.28d665867452558dd0e7c4a4e5914dcc.png   

Can someone please help me understand what that means? Are you going to close my case?

Just ignore the online updates. They have to put in something every time they even so much as glance at your case. Don’t rely on them though. Just rely on the actual letters you get. 

Your RFE should have a date or time frame on it. They typically give you around 60-90 days to respond and then they are required to respond to you within 60 days. 

12 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

Just ignore the online updates. They have to put in something every time they even so much as glance at your case. Don’t rely on them though. Just rely on the actual letters you get. 

Your RFE should have a date or time frame on it. They typically give you around 60-90 days to respond and then they are required to respond to you within 60 days. 

As you can see the letter does not say a deadline to respond to the RFE. what does that mean? What is the deadline to respond?

5b3e1794adb3d_RFEParamostraraTerceros-002.thumb.png.817fb795de3f56100ec5d1eb6620f91d.png5b3e178db4ba5_RFEParamostraraTerceros-001.thumb.png.ae25006ceac9e920a929a3b3239df7de.png

Edited by Florecita_Bella

4 minutes ago, Florecita_Bella said:

As you can see the letter does not say a deadline to respond to the RFE. what does that mean? What is the deadline to respond?

RFE Para mostrar a Terceros.pdf

When did you file and what was it for? I cannot view the attachment unfortunately. 

If you just recently filed and got an RFE for good moral character, it would make sense for them to not include a date since they take 15-19 months to take a look at it again. I would still always recommend to get the documents as fast as you can. 

6 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

When did you file and what was it for? I cannot view the attachment unfortunately. 

If you just recently filed and got an RFE for good moral character, it would make sense for them to not include a date since they take 15-19 months to take a look at it again. I would still always recommend to get the documents as fast as you can. 

In May my package was sent and 17 days ago USCIS sent a letter requesting the RFE. The problem is that to get the RFE with the FBI fingerprints takes 30/45 days, I do not know if it would give me time to respond. I also do not understand why the letter does not have a deadline to answer, can you explain me better please?

7 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

In May my package was sent and 17 days ago USCIS sent a letter requesting the RFE. The problem is that to get the RFE with the FBI fingerprints takes 30/45 days, I do not know if it would give me time to respond. I also do not understand why the letter does not have a deadline to answer, can you explain me better please?

10 minutes ago, Florecita_Bella said:

This is a RFE after the initial review. Technically you have 15 months to answer since that is when they will get to your case for adjudication. No need to stress. Once you submit your documents, you should receive prima facie. 

14 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

This is a RFE after the initial review. Technically you have 15 months to answer since that is when they will get to your case for adjudication. No need to stress. Once you submit your documents, you should receive prima facie. 

You and all the other collaborators have been very helpful to me!

Thanks with all my heart....

14 minutes ago, Florecita_Bella said:

You and all the other collaborators have been very helpful to me!

Thanks with all my heart....

You’re welcome! 

We all know how stressful this journey is. The best advice that I can give you is to be patient and not stress. It is a long process. Try to find something that you spend your time on. Whether that is a hobby, volunteering or work (once you receive your EAD), try to work on your mental health and start doing things you enjoy. Once you submit your petition, it is out of your hands and it gets easier once you are okay with the fact that it is out of your hands from there. 

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
13 hours ago, sandranj said:

You are eligible to file VAWA just if your son is a U.S Citizen. Is he a U.S Citizen?

Yes. He is a USA citizen. Will it be more difficult to get approved based on abuse by USA citizen son?

5 hours ago, iwillsurvive said:

You’re welcome! 

We all know how stressful this journey is. The best advice that I can give you is to be patient and not stress. It is a long process. Try to find something that you spend your time on. Whether that is a hobby, volunteering or work (once you receive your EAD), try to work on your mental health and start doing things you enjoy. Once you submit your petition, it is out of your hands and it gets easier once you are okay with the fact that it is out of your hands from there. 

I have told her the same thing so many times but she keep it up.I am telling you by the time she gets her GC she will go nuts. Then she will only need her GC for insurance purpose Lol😂😂😂😂😂

Edited by Goyo

6 hours ago, Florecita_Bella said:

How r u getting the FBI fingerprints? Did you scheduled or did you got your fingerprints taken already? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.