3,014 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline
2 hours ago, iwillsurvive said:

You can mention the group sessions seperately but what counts is individual sessions for the psychological evaluation since the therapist will most likely not diagnose you in front of a group. 

@iwillsurvive Thanks so much. My individual psychological evaluation is one day and result will be out next week but Domestic Violence Survivor Counselling are { 5 individual and 2 group }  Its good or not ?

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline

My individual psychological evaluation is one day and result will be out next week but Domestic Violence Survivor Counselling are { 5 individual and 2 group }  Its good or not ?

On 7/1/2018 at 5:39 AM, sandranj said:

I don’t understand why your friends in April 2018  wrote in their affidavits about bonafide marriage and didn’t mention about the abuse that happened in January 2018. They can write now about the abuse witnessed  but there is a possibility that their credibility will be questioned by Uscis, because if someone witnessed the abuse why they didn’t mention this before when they wrote  their affidavits in April 2018.

@Sandra, My individual psychological evaluation is one day and result will be out next week but Domestic Violence Survivor Counselling are { 5 individual and 2 group }  Its good or not ?

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, i-need-help-pls said:

My individual psychological evaluation is one day and result will be out next week but Domestic Violence Survivor Counselling are { 5 individual and 2 group }  Its good or not ?

@Sandra, My individual psychological evaluation is one day and result will be out next week but Domestic Violence Survivor Counselling are { 5 individual and 2 group }  Its good or not ?

I can't say if your psychological evaluation is good or not because I didn't read the evaluation.

Timeline
21 hours ago, MariFD said:

Thank you for the reply @iwillsurvive! I have been doing my best to find all the information needed to file VAWA. Its such a complicated petition, very confusing at times.

So far this forum HAS THE BEST information, and its nice to see many people going through the same thing as me. I CANT afford a lawyer, I have been trying to find a pro bono lawyer. Its so difficult because most are not informed and do not have much knowledge about VAWA. Still no luck. 

So far this is the outline I have for the petition:  

I-912:  FEE WAIVER 

I-360 : VAWA
485: GREEN CARD AOS

G-325A, Biographic Information
i765 : WORK PERMIT ( do it category c9) 
 I-864W :  Request for Exemption for Intending Immigrant's Affidavit of Support
 G1145 :  E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance

My Affidavit of what happened.

Police report / psychological evaluation / documentation of visit to the hospital or clinic. 

Birth certificate of USA abuser 

Prove that we lived together 

Good moral character document from police clearance  

I think I'm on the right page so far. 

I would appreciate any feedback from anyone. 

If you do not have an attorney I can help you to file the VAWA self-petition, without cost, I am an attorney, but I will help you just if I believe you have a VAWA case and if you do not have any ground of inadmissibility to overcome. I will not represent you in the VAWA/AOS petitions but I can review your affidavit, your family, and friends affidavits and I will help you to fill out the forms.

Timeline
On 7/2/2018 at 8:41 PM, Allrounder said:

Please i need help  any one who has an idea, i received my notice of action for my  EAD today  from my lawyer and i am a bit disapointed bc he applied for the C31 category. My expired EAd is a C9 category that is before i filed wava. My initial 485 was denied and the EAD denied too. After filing wava i thought my lawyer will file for c9 catergory but he instead file for  C31,  i filed wava in March 2018, please any advice? How can i do to correct the situation, i really need to be working. Please!! please!! advice needed. thank u

Your attorney should file I-765 category C9 if your AOS is pending, he still can do this just talk to him about it.

Timeline
On 7/2/2018 at 5:33 PM, faithisstrong said:

my greencard was approved through VAWA on December 2017.

I am dating someone right now, it ist possible to petition the person i am dating or they will take it on me? 

You need to get married but your spouse will need to wait between 2 to 3 years for a visa number becomes available in order for her to receive the green card, and she will need a waiver to overcome unlawful presence.

Edited by sandranj

Filed: Other Timeline
7 minutes ago, sandranj said:

Your attorney should file I-765 category C9 if your AOS is pending, he still can do this just talk to him about it.

@sandranj can you please clarify filing of i765 under category c9? My understanding of it is that if one has a pending AOS that was filed along i130 by ones abusive spouse then one can renew under category c9. However if the said i130 was withdrawn by abusive spouse or denied by USCIS, one would need to wait until VAWA is approved before being able to file i765 under category c31. Please clarify 

7 hours ago, Valerie899 said:

This was the first time! I think they do that whenever they are going to send you something! They last took action on my case on that day and it was because they reviewed everything to give me prima facie. So I really think they do that for a purpose, I dont think this are computer issues, since this has been the only email I have had from them.

Please if you don't mind, when did you file?

2 hours ago, sandranj said:

Thank you very much, i will talk to him again, just so scared he might get annoyed and abandon my case. The old 485 filed by my abuser was denied, he filed a new one along with the 765. with this new 485 can he choose the c9 category?.

Edited by Allrounder

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
7 hours ago, sandranj said:

If you do not have an attorney I can help you to file the VAWA self-petition, without cost, I am an attorney, but I will help you just if I believe you have a VAWA case and if you do not have any ground of inadmissibility to overcome. I will not represent you in the VAWA/AOS petitions but I can review your affidavit, your family, and friends affidavits and I will help you to fill out the forms.

Thank you for the support and help. My case is so complex because my abuser is my son. Hes 23. It's not about spouse abuse. Its family abuse. It hurts me to do VAWA based on my sons physical and mental abuse. But my daughter (15) needs me to be here with her. And I need to provide for her. 

Timeline
On 7/2/2018 at 3:57 PM, MsVi2 said:

@sandranj So if someone left the US  as an adult after having unlawful presence since childhood, but was never deported (meaning they just left on their own, immigration was never involved.) And they came back, through a port of entry and overstayed again, as VAWA are they exempt from the 10 year bar for coming back after being unlawful???? 

It's inadmissible any alien who was unlawfully present in the United States then voluntary departed the U.S and who seeks again admission within 3 or 10 years of the date of the alien’s departure, but the VAWA statutory provision states that an approved VAWA petitioner can claim an exception from inadmissibility if he/she can establish a substantial connection between the abuse suffered, the unlawful presence and the departure from the U. S., this is what the Immigration Law under section  212(a)(9)(b) or (C) states. I saw many cases like the one you posted here but Immigration did not ask the waiver to overcome the admissibility, then you will need to wait to see how it will unfold the case ok.

Timeline
9 hours ago, Weldonboy said:

@sandranj can you please clarify filing of i765 under category c9? My understanding of it is that if one has a pending AOS that was filed along i130 by ones abusive spouse then one can renew under category c9. However if the said i130 was withdrawn by abusive spouse or denied by USCIS, one would need to wait until VAWA is approved before being able to file i765 under category c31. Please clarify 

In order to file form I-765 category C9 you must have a pending AOS and if the previous AOS was denied you don't need to wait for the VAWA approval to file a new I-765 you just need to refile form I-485 and I-765 again. If you don't want to work now you have the option to file form I-765 category C31 and once your VAWA is approved you will receive the work permit under category C31.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.