3,014 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, rza said:

today i got email they are reviewing my case last action took may 23 its the third time they did this

They are probably going to tell you something pretty soon about your case. I received one yesterday and it say they last took action on my case june 19 of this year, and that was around time when I received prima facie. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Just now, Valerie899 said:

They are probably going to tell you something pretty soon about your case. I received one yesterday and it say they last took action on my case june 19 of this year, and that was around time when I received prima facie. 

how many times u got this msgs before u got ur prima ?

On 7/1/2018 at 6:06 AM, sandranj said:

It’s not up to the Immigration officer to decide about unlawful presence or if the person entered without inpection because Vawa self-petitioners are is  statutory exempt from the bars of unlawfull presence and EWI,that being said the immigration officer will not ask for a waiver in these situations,the exemption  does not apply for people who were deported and reenter without inspection ok.

Thanks 🙏🏼 

On 6/30/2018 at 5:31 PM, Goyo said:

Immigration laws so confusing but do not worry even if you already filled your I485 you still can send the waiver if you need to fill one. Like others say try to consult with a expert. 

2 minutes ago, rza said:

how many times u got this msgs before u got ur prima ?

This was the first time! I think they do that whenever they are going to send you something! They last took action on my case on that day and it was because they reviewed everything to give me prima facie. So I really think they do that for a purpose, I dont think this are computer issues, since this has been the only email I have had from them.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Valerie899 said:

This was the first time! I think they do that whenever they are going to send you something! They last took action on my case on that day and it was because they reviewed everything to give me prima facie. So I really think they do that for a purpose, I dont think this are computer issues, since this has been the only email I have had from them.

Timeline
Just now, SssMay said:

I also received this email today. Just ignored it.

maybe but let's hope and see if there's a meaning behind it or not 

4 minutes ago, rza said:

maybe but let's hope and see if there's a meaning behind it or not 

I received this notice third times. Then i asked to my attorney who said this notice means nothing. So I chose to ignored it. I am 2018 filer, I also had the EAD card and PF. So I don’t believe there is something happened to my case. Hope this info can help you.

Timeline
1 minute ago, SssMay said:

I received this notice third times. Then i asked to my attorney who said this notice means nothing. So I chose to ignored it. I am 2018 filer, I also had the EAD card and PF. So I don’t believe there is something happened to my case. Hope this info can help you.

yea if something happens ill let u know :)

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 6/27/2018 at 9:29 AM, iwillsurvive said:

Cheating is not grounds for VAWA, so don’t mention her doing that as it will only seem vindictive on your side if you do. 

You will need a professional psychological evaluation as proof that you were mentally abused. The psychiatrist/psychologist

needs to diagnose anxiery/depression/PTSD etc. YOu need to attend at least 5-7 therapy sessions. 

If she is physically attacking you, you need a police report/restraining order/hospital records of your injuries. 

write your own affidavit very well and in-depth. have family and friends of the two of you write witness statements about the abuse they saw. have them notarize their statements. THE more statements the better. 

you will also need to submit proof of bonafide marriage, that you lived together and that you are a person of good moral character. 

@iwillsurviveThanks. Can i use 2 different session and combine it because i have been attending group and individual session 

54 minutes ago, i-need-help-pls said:

@iwillsurviveThanks. Can i use 2 different session and combine it because i have been attending group and individual session 

You can mention the group sessions seperately but what counts is individual sessions for the psychological evaluation since the therapist will most likely not diagnose you in front of a group. 

1 minute ago, iwillsurvive said:

Happy 4th of July! May we all gain our independence some day soon!

Thank you! We hope some day :( our long journeys and stressful days are over. This is no joke, this is like a rollecoster. After going trough so much in an abusive marriage and this green card journey, every day is scary 😟 hopefully, everything becomes better once we gain the opportunities we didnt have or we were obstruct of having. Wishing everyone a happy fourth of July! 

Timeline
Just now, Aburi2018 said:

I received same email too this morning.It says they last took action on my case may 23.It the 3rd time I’m receiving it.Im june 2017 filer.Lets hope we hear good news soon.

yea i hope too

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.