3,014 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, aquila said:

Got this email again this morning.

This will be the 3 time I've got it within a month. I've checked my case status and nothing's changed so far. So I'm confused which case they're working on.(360 or 485 ?????)

We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time

We will notify you when your case status changes. We last took action on your case on May 22, 2018.

Sign in

I recieved that mail too 3 times also .maybe its just erra notification...9

25 minutes ago, Goldenvessel said:

No that is wrong. C9 will be issues while VAWA is pending and c31 after VAWA approval. So since you have a 485 pls go ahead and file in the correct category with all supporting documents. Like I said I did the same and I have my ead now. All the best!

Hi @Goldenvessel so I got an EAD c9 category, I haven’t received anything else from them and I’m a March 2017 filer. Does that mean I will get a new EAD under c31? What is the difference? Sorry I’m just confused thanks for your help

39 minutes ago, JJ_1017 said:

Hi @Goldenvessel so I got an EAD c9 category, I haven’t received anything else from them and I’m a March 2017 filer. Does that mean I will get a new EAD under c31? What is the difference? Sorry I’m just confused thanks for your help

C9 or C31 is the category you select on form I-765. If you have a pending I-485 (whether VAWA is approved or not), you should file under c9 as you will receive your EAD (and every renewal) within 3-5 months. C31 means that you don’t have a pending I-485 and you will have to wait for your VAWA to be approved to work. 

Working while waiting for your immigration petition to be approved is a privilege you can only make use of if you filed I-485. 

If you have an EAD under c9 you have a pending I-485 and all EAD renewals will have to be filed under c9 as well to ensure that you can continue working. You will not need to file under C31. 

38 minutes ago, JJ_1017 said:

C9 category is issued while VAWA is pending so that petitioners whose abuser is a US Citizen can work while their application is being reviewed ( the reasoning behind this is such that the petitioner can be put in the same situation he/she would have been if there was no VAWA).

c31 is issued after the approval of VAWA so that the person can now start to work before the adjustment 485 goes through and the green card is issued. 

If your c9 ead has expired or expiring soon just file to renew in the same category c9 and continue to wait for your VAWA to be approved. 

Since you filed March 2017 I believe your approval should come soon because people in this forum filed around your dates are now receiving approval.

1 hour ago, Goldenvessel said:

No that is wrong. C9 will be issues while VAWA is pending and c31 after VAWA approval. So since you have a 485 pls go ahead and file in the correct category with all supporting documents. Like I said I did the same and I have my ead now. All the best!

Thank you very much but right now my lawyer, my lawyer won't accept because he is  asking me if i think he does not know what he is doing or if i want to teach him his job.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
3 hours ago, aquila said:

Got this email again this morning.

This will be the 3 time I've got it within a month. I've checked my case status and nothing's changed so far. So I'm confused which case they're working on.(360 or 485 ?????)

We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time

We will notify you when your case status changes. We last took action on your case on May 22, 2018.

Sign in

I received the same notification too and they took action on my case May 22nd, 2018, i filed on february 2017 and you?

1 hour ago, Allrounder said:

Thank you very much but right now my lawyer, my lawyer won't accept because he is  asking me if i think he does not know what he is doing or if i want to teach him his job.

He sure does not know what he is doing because he is wasting your time. This is your life pls go ahead and insist that you want a new one filed under c9 or if you can file it yourself!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Goldenvessel said:

He sure does not know what he is doing because he is wasting your time. This is your life pls go ahead and insist that you want a new one filed under c9 or if you can file it yourself!

1 hour ago, Allrounder said:

Off course he does not know what he is doing he just doesn't wanna admit he is wrong and waste your time that he could have been working with the C09

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
23 hours ago, MariFD said:

Thank you Sandra for taking a moment and answering my question. I still have to collect a lot of documents and write my affidavit. 

I also heard that you do not have to submit i765 with the VAWA application due to question 12. 

{ I am currently residing in the US and I request an EAD...} Is this correct? I think someone posted about it a while ago.

Thanks! 

I didn’t understand your question.

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
6 minutes ago, sandranj said:

I didn’t understand your question.

Sorry for the confusion @sandraj. I'm trying to file VAWA and get EAD. (I want to work as soon as possible, no income)

I found this information below : 

""" Form I 360 nowadays has a question 12: if an applicant would like to receive an employment authorization incident to the approval of I 360 form. If an applicant checks this box, then he/she would receive an employment authorization after the approval of I 360 form automatically, without filing I 765 form, under c(31) eligibility category. Mind here: it may take longer than a year to receive an approval of I -360 form, and all this time, a person would not be able to work legally. "" 

My abuser is a USA citizen.

If I file VAWA i360 and i485 and i765 all at the same time can I get EAD while VAWA is pending due to pending i485?

Even if I Entered without inspection?

Or do I have to wait for VAWA to be approved first before they issue an EAD.

Thank you for helping us all. God bless you. 

23 minutes ago, MariFD said:

Sorry for the confusion @sandraj. I'm trying to file VAWA and get EAD. (I want to work as soon as possible, no income)

I found this information below : 

""" Form I 360 nowadays has a question 12: if an applicant would like to receive an employment authorization incident to the approval of I 360 form. If an applicant checks this box, then he/she would receive an employment authorization after the approval of I 360 form automatically, without filing I 765 form, under c(31) eligibility category. Mind here: it may take longer than a year to receive an approval of I -360 form, and all this time, a person would not be able to work legally. "" 

My abuser is a USA citizen.

If I file VAWA i360 and i485 and i765 all at the same time can I get EAD while VAWA is pending due to pending i485?

Even if I Entered without inspection?

Or do I have to wait for VAWA to be approved first before they issue an EAD.

Thank you for helping us all. God bless you. 

If you submitted I-485, you may select category c9 on the I-765 form, which means you will receive EAD 3-5 months after submitting I-765. If you submit I-765 selecting category c31, you will receive EAD after I-360 is approved. 

How you entered does not matter when it comes to the category of your EAD

Someone that please help me with this concern please:
If a person who was denied his I-485 because his ex-wife withdrew the I-130 petition, that is, he does not have immigration status, he does not have an order of deportation, but he needs to find a police letter of good behavior (Police clearances) in the state of florida and had to give his social number in the police precinct.
Question:
Can the police, before delivering the letter of good behavior, contact ICE when they realize that the person does not have legal status?
Thank you!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.