3,014 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
28 minutes ago, faithisstrong said:

my greencard was approved through VAWA on December 2017.

I am dating someone right now, it ist possible to petition the person i am dating or they will take it on me? 

As a LPR you can only petition spouse and children.  They can try for a visitors visa.

Edited by Pinkrlion

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

UPDATE

On June 7th I had applied for AP because I missed my family and kids and wanted to go home for a short trip. Did not do a combo app with EAD when I last applied. I requested that they expedite it, the status online still shows that they received the app and waived the fees, however today I received a paper i512L in the mail. I was expecting a card but its a paper valid for 1 year with a blank box for "parole stamp" now that my VAWA has been approved my Attorney has suggested that I hold off. I submitted my original i485 app 3 months after the date I was slated to return so, in essence, accruing 90 days of overstay. Any idea if you had a previous i485 that was previously at the interview stage, how long it will take after VAWA approval for them to return the file to the field office and schedule an interview?

21 minutes ago, Military said:

UPDATE

On June 7th I had applied for AP because I missed my family and kids and wanted to go home for a short trip. Did not do a combo app with EAD when I last applied. I requested that they expedite it, the status online still shows that they received the app and waived the fees, however today I received a paper i512L in the mail. I was expecting a card but its a paper valid for 1 year with a blank box for "parole stamp" now that my VAWA has been approved my Attorney has suggested that I hold off. I submitted my original i485 app 3 months after the date I was slated to return so, in essence, accruing 90 days of overstay. Any idea if you had a previous i485 that was previously at the interview stage, how long it will take after VAWA approval for them to return the file to the field office and schedule an interview?

AP is always a piece of paper on its own. 

Your time to the interview depends on your local office. 

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Select I-485 and local office, and then it will be your VAWA approval date plus the first number of months in the time range. 

Please i need help  any one who has an idea, i received my notice of action for my  EAD today  from my lawyer and i am a bit disapointed bc he applied for the C31 category. My expired EAd is a C9 category that is before i filed wava. My initial 485 was denied and the EAD denied too. After filing wava i thought my lawyer will file for c9 catergory but he instead file for  C31,  i filed wava in March 2018, please any advice? How can i do to correct the situation, i really need to be working. Please!! please!! advice needed. thank u

8 minutes ago, Allrounder said:

Please i need help  any one who has an idea, i received my notice of action for my  EAD today  from my lawyer and i am a bit disapointed bc he applied for the C31 category. My expired EAd is a C9 category that is before i filed wava. My initial 485 was denied and the EAD denied too. After filing wava i thought my lawyer will file for c9 catergory but he instead file for  C31,  i filed wava in March 2018, please any advice? How can i do to correct the situation, i really need to be working. Please!! please!! advice needed. thank u

Did you re-file a new I-485 after your initial one got denied? You have to have a valid pending I-485 in order to file under category c9. 

hello everyone I need help and I would really appreciate it if anyone who can suggest something,

I did not want to be represented by my legal representative anymore, and I decided to be on my own, I sent out a notarized letter to USCIS to inform them the I am no longer represented, and I am representing my self from now own, and to change my address also provided my new address.

after 2 weeks, I went to Info Pass at a USCIC local office to make sure that my address was changed in the system, the lady told me that they did not change it, and she can not change it from her end, because she doesn't have access, it has to be done by the Vermont center, because I-360 is considered to be classified. she told me to send a change of address form AR-11, although she said it would not help because its for different type of forms!

she could not help with anything!

what should I do!?

Edited by AIDA88

7 hours ago, Allrounder said:

I had exactly the same issue. I mistakenly filed under c31. What I did was to file another 765 in c9 and included a note telling uscis to withdraw the earlier one which was a mistake. Include all relevant documents that should go with 765 and prove of pending VAWA and 485. The new one will be processed. I Filed with VAWA a 765 in c31 in feb 28 realized the mistake and sent a new 765 in c9 March 1(receipt date march6) with the note. My EAD in c9 was issued June 14 and I received it 2 weeks ago. So go ahead and refile in the correct category. As long as you have a pending 485 if not please file a 485 application together with 765 if your abuser is a US Citizen. 

Filed: Other Timeline
2 hours ago, Goldenvessel said:

I had exactly the same issue. I mistakenly filed under c31. What I did was to file another 765 in c9 and included a note telling uscis to withdraw the earlier one which was a mistake. Include all relevant documents that should go with 765 and prove of pending VAWA and 485. The new one will be processed. I Filed with VAWA a 765 in c31 in feb 28 realized the mistake and sent a new 765 in c9 March 1(receipt date march6) with the note. My EAD in c9 was issued June 14 and I received it 2 weeks ago. So go ahead and refile in the correct category. As long as you have a pending 485 if not please file a 485 application together with 765 if your abuser is a US Citizen. 

i totally agree with @iwillsurvive, you have to have a pending and valid i485 and not an already denied i485 to file under C9. That said, it is not the I485 you file with VAWA, but the one your supposed

USC spouse filed with you. From what I understand so far, you might have to wait until your VAWA is approved

Filed: Other Timeline

Got this email again this morning.

This will be the 3 time I've got it within a month. I've checked my case status and nothing's changed so far. So I'm confused which case they're working on.(360 or 485 ?????)

We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time

We will notify you when your case status changes. We last took action on your case on May 22, 2018.

Sign in

Edited by aquila
Typo

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
5 hours ago, AIDA88 said:

hello everyone I need help and I would really appreciate it if anyone who can suggest something,

I did not want to be represented by my legal representative anymore, and I decided to be on my own, I sent out a notarized letter to USCIS to inform them the I am no longer represented, and I am representing my self from now own, and to change my address also provided my new address.

after 2 weeks, I went to Info Pass at a USCIC local office to make sure that my address was changed in the system, the lady told me that they did not change it, and she can not change it from her end, because she doesn't have access, it has to be done by the Vermont center, because I-360 is considered to be classified. she told me to send a change of address form AR-11, although she said it would not help because its for different type of forms!

she could not help with anything!

what should I do!?

I wrote my letter in 2017 to change lawyer, I went to infopass two weeks later but no changes, it took months for uscis to actually acknowledge my request and now my address is updated and no more lawyer. When I went to infopass the lady instructed me to continue writing to uscis about termination of lawyer and address change until they did something about it. I decided to ask congressman for help on the matter

3 hours ago, Weldonboy said:

i totally agree with @iwillsurvive, you have to have a pending and valid i485 and not an already denied i485 to file under C9. That said, it is not the I485 you file with VAWA, but the one your supposed

USC spouse filed with you. From what I understand so far, you might have to wait until your VAWA is approved

I filed a new 485 and my abuser is a citizen, but my lawyer filed the ead under c31, i've been reading in this forum that c31 is only granted after wava aproval. So i called my lawyer and asked him and he said, c31 is for wava applicants and will be granted while wava is still pending as long as ur abuser is a citizen, now i am confused i don't know which information is true.

14 minutes ago, Allrounder said:

I filed a new 485 and my abuser is a citizen, but my lawyer filed the ead under c31, i've been reading in this forum that c31 is only granted after wava aproval. So i called my lawyer and asked him and he said, c31 is for wava applicants and will be granted while wava is still pending as long as ur abuser is a citizen, now i am confused i don't know which information is true.

No that is wrong. C9 will be issues while VAWA is pending and c31 after VAWA approval. So since you have a 485 pls go ahead and file in the correct category with all supporting documents. Like I said I did the same and I have my ead now. All the best!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.