3,014 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
15 hours ago, i-need-help-pls said:

Sandra, My wife have bipolar disorder and she did not use her medication regularly, Do i need to mention it with my statement or not ?

You don't have to mention that in your statement

16 hours ago, i-need-help-pls said:

Thanks Sandra, I have another people that witness some of the abuse. 

My wife have bipolar disorder and she did not use her medication regularly, Do i need to mention it with my statement or not ?

My wife have bipolar disorder and she did not use her medication regularly, Do i need to mention it with my statement or not ?

Do you have prove to back up that she is bipolar? Do you have a paper with a diagnosis or a prescriptions with her name? You can’t just write things without prove.  I remember couple months ago someone gave the link of a website that showed how to write a statement and had all the instructions step by step of how to fill Vawa.  Go to page 71.document_gathering_for_self-petitioning_

Edited by Goyo

Filed: Other Timeline
On 7/1/2018 at 5:27 AM, sandranj said:

Just to clarify something here,if someone was removed from the U.S an reentered without inspection this situation makes the person inadmissible, permanently, but if the person can prove the connection between the abuse suffered and her/his removal,departure and reentry then the person can file an waiver to overcome the inadmissibility.

@sandranj So if someone left the US  as an adult after having unlawful presence since childhood, but was never deported (meaning they just left on their own, immigration was never involved.) And they came back, through a port of entry and overstayed again, as VAWA are they exempt from the 10 year bar for coming back after being unlawful???? 

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 7/1/2018 at 7:10 AM, sandranj said:

If you were not deported before and reentered without inspection then you don’t need a waiver to overcome inadmissibility based on unlawful presence or EWI.

Thank you Sandra for taking a moment and answering my question. I still have to collect a lot of documents and write my affidavit. 

I also heard that you do not have to submit i765 with the VAWA application due to question 12. 

{ I am currently residing in the US and I request an EAD...} Is this correct? I think someone posted about it a while ago.

Thanks! 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 7/1/2018 at 3:19 PM, Florecita_Bella said:

Hi, let's see if I understand ...

People who entered the United States legally but stayed longer than their visas allowed will NOT need to file an exemption and your I-485 will NOT be denied?

Where did you get this information? It wasn’t  from me. I suggest you see an attorney to answer better your questions.

You asked about reentering with advance parole and I gave the information regarding advance parole and not about l485. 

Timeline

I received my biometrics appointment letter today!! I'm so glad my case is moving along. Does anyone know what happens after that?

I-360 Receive date- 1/9/2017

RFE- 4/27/2018

No PF

Biometrics appointment 7/2/2018.

Does anyone know if I can get  drivers license with the biometric receipt in FL? 

39 minutes ago, Romero_2000 said:

I received my biometrics appointment letter today!! I'm so glad my case is moving along. Does anyone know what happens after that?

I-360 Receive date- 1/9/2017

RFE- 4/27/2018

No PF

Biometrics appointment 7/2/2018.

Does anyone know if I can get  drivers license with the biometric receipt in FL? 

No you can’t use the biometrics receipt as anything. It only means that they have taken fingerprints and a picture. It does not grant immigration benefits as it is not an approved letter for any process. You can only use an EAD or an Invalid EAD with extension letter (receipt for renewal) to get a driver’s license before you receive your green card. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.