3,014 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, AIDA88 said:

hello everyone,

my husband withdrew his sponsorship on my AOS after I left him and it was denied, I didn't know what to do at the time as I was working full time to support my self, went to couple lawyers and explained my situation, and what my husband was doing to me, they told me I can't do nothing but leaving the states they told me to leave even before I received the AOS denial letter another lawyer even told me to file for asylum! (not all lawyers are good)

after I received the denial letter my friend referred me to a women advocacy organization and they told me that they will help and explained VAWA! I never knew that vawa existed I don't understand why none of the lawyers never mentioned anything about it! however the organization told me that the only downside is that am not going to be able to work for 5 months until my vawa gets approved,  my work permit that I received before was still valid but I quit my job just to be on the safe side since uscis mentioned in the AOS denial letter that the work permit is terminated, as everyone know that vawa takes way more then 5 months to be approved I am out of job and I can barly make it,  is there anyway to get a work permit before vawa approval?

i have read that most of the ladies here have EAD's and work while waiting on there pending vawa! can someone please explain how can I do that? 

my time line: 

filed vawa on 8/2017 received prima facie within 3 weeks 

on 2/2018 ICE officers visited me at home they told me that they want to confirm the addresses I had on my vawa petition,  they told me that they were confused and want to confirm.

HI AIDA88, sorry about all what you have been going through, i believe everything will be fine in Jesus name. My i485 was denied too bc my husband did not attend the interview and i was asked to leave the country as soon as possible and was as to file a motion to reopen if i want too. Did they asked you to file for motion to reopen. My work permit expires since the 26th of December. I filed for vawa on the 10th of the month still waiting for for receipt notice so i can file for i 485 and 765. How long did it take for you to receive the receipt notice after filing vawa.

Filed: Timeline
3 hours ago, CASTIEL said:

Hi Guys It's been a while. I hope your having a great day. Congratulations to those who are approved of Vawa.

August 2017 Filer here still waiting. Any of you guys use AP-Advance Parole for travel can you share your experience. 

I will travel soon for my work. 

Ive been out of US 3 times with my AP. Question asked: where did you go and how long did you stay.

They will take you to a office. It wont take more than 10 min!

46 minutes ago, Peanutbutter18 said:

How long does it take for them to process interview date after vawa approval, mine was approved Feb 1, 2018. 

After VAWA approval, VSC sends your packet to the NBC and they send it to your local field office for adjudication. Processing times of local field offices depend on the office. You can look them up on the USCIS processing times website. Can be anywhere from 4-18 months. 

Hi Peanutbutter18 normally it would take 6-12 months from the date of your approval but also depends on your state processing time. You can check USCIS website for Processing time of your state. 

6 hours ago, #Godgotthis said:

Include a copy of your i360  receipt and two passport size photographs. 

Thank you for your response god bless you.

I was reading online about EAD and vawa and i read something saying that if you checked box number 12 on your vawa then you’ll not be able to apply for EAD until vawa gets approved, when I looked at my petition I noticed that the person who helped me prepare the petition checked box 12 which says something like check that box if you’re a USA resident and would like to receive a work authorization upon the approval of VAWA!

does anyone had the same experience or know anything about it? Will I be able to file for 765+485 even if the box is checked? 

1 hour ago, Allrounder said:

HI AIDA88, sorry about all what you have been going through, i believe everything will be fine in Jesus name. My i485 was denied too bc my husband did not attend the interview and i was asked to leave the country as soon as possible and was as to file a motion to reopen if i want too. Did they asked you to file for motion to reopen. My work permit expires since the 26th of December. I filed for vawa on the 10th of the month still waiting for for receipt notice so i can file for i 485 and 765. How long did it take for you to receive the receipt notice after filing vawa.

hello, and thank you god bless you, I did not have the option to appeal because me and my spouse attended the interview, I believe you had the option to file a motion to reopen because he did not show up. I got the receipt notice shortly after I submitted my vawa in less then 2 weeks. make sure they received it, i used certified mail.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 3/25/2018 at 5:21 PM, FocusedFemale said:

Hi Guys, got an update today (Sunday? 🙀), saying my case was transferred to another office. I’m so happy. I hope my interview letter comes soon...(or better yet, no interview at all - straight to Green Card approval 🙏🏿). 

I just realised that this update might be for the transfer notice, dated 3/14 that I received. It said my case was transferred to NBC. The online update I received today  said “this office now has jurisdiction..” I’m confused if it’s at the NBC or my local office. I suppose the letter will let me know (it also said a letter will come after). 

I’ll keep you updated.

They transfered to the local office, but you have to wait at least 10months to have your interview

Processing time for Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (I-485) at Vermont Service Center 

Months

to

Timeline
22 hours ago, iwillsurvive said:

My RFE is about good moral character because I only submitted police clearance from my state. However, they are asking for clearance from a place I lived in right before moving here but I only lived there for 4 months and not 6 like they say they need. I am confused why they would ask for clearance from a place I was only at less than 6 months. Is this normal @sandranj ?

Hi, it's not normal but I would get the police clearance they are asking and submit to them.

Edited by sandranj

Timeline
21 hours ago, AIDA88 said:

hello everyone,

my husband withdrew his sponsorship on my AOS after I left him and it was denied, I didn't know what to do at the time as I was working full time to support my self, went to couple lawyers and explained my situation, and what my husband was doing to me, they told me I can't do nothing but leaving the states they told me to leave even before I received the AOS denial letter another lawyer even told me to file for asylum! (not all lawyers are good)

after I received the denial letter my friend referred me to a women advocacy organization and they told me that they will help and explained VAWA! I never knew that vawa existed I don't understand why none of the lawyers never mentioned anything about it! however the organization told me that the only downside is that am not going to be able to work for 5 months until my vawa gets approved,  my work permit that I received before was still valid but I quit my job just to be on the safe side since uscis mentioned in the AOS denial letter that the work permit is terminated, as everyone know that vawa takes way more then 5 months to be approved I am out of job and I can barly make it,  is there anyway to get a work permit before vawa approval?

i have read that most of the ladies here have EAD's and work while waiting on there pending vawa! can someone please explain how can I do that? 

my time line: 

filed vawa on 8/2017 received prima facie within 3 weeks 

on 2/2018 ICE officers visited me at home they told me that they want to confirm the addresses I had on my vawa petition,  they told me that they were confused and want to confirm.

VAWA is taking 12/14 months to be adjudicated.File a new AOS along with I-765 and within 3months you will get your work permit.

Did ICE go to your home?  how many  officers and what did they ask you?

Timeline
9 hours ago, #Godgotthis said:

File under category C09. Yes there is a fee but you can request a fee waiver by filling out form I-912.

mail to Vermont Service Center

75 Lower Welden St

St. Alabama, VT 05479-0001 

The correct addres is 75 Lower Welden St, St Albans City, VT 05479

Timeline
5 hours ago, ERIKA BENITEZ said:

hello guys, i was wondering if we can apply for advance parole while waiting for i360 approval? Is it even possible i saw a few people saying they will use advance parole but haven't got approved yet.  How did you applied for AP?

YES you can apply for advance parole.Fill out form I-131 and if you cannot pay USCIS fees fill out form I-192. Read the  I-131 Instructions.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.