3,014 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, NICOLA2017 said:

You jamaican too @FocusedFemale. Bless up i am too 

@NICOLA2017 @Goldenvessel Big up unoo self!!!!! 

8 hours ago, sandranj said:

As I mentioned before the decision given by the Board of Immigration covers just  unlawful presence in the U.S, if you have a misdemeanor there is a positivity that the will not allow you reenter.

Hi, let's see if I understand ...

People who entered the United States legally but stayed longer than their visas allowed will NOT need to file an exemption and your I-485 will NOT be denied?

Good evening everyone, hope you are doing well. I filled for vawa in May 2017, got 3 prima fascie, but never got a Work Authorization, I was worried and after I looked again at all the papers I noticed that c3 category was stated instead c9 (for witch I applied). I then sent a letter to uscis trying to find out why did they change the category, and yesterday I got a letter saying that my application or petition can’t be accepted because there wasn’t a 410$ check attached to it. And since the case is not properly filled a priority or processing date can’t be assigned. What does this mean?

What am I supposed to do? I already paid all the fees when I sent the I360, I485, I765

Will this slow down my process?

Any May fillers got any updates?

Good luck everyone, with each passing day I am losing my hope already...

3 hours ago, Vero92nica said:

Good evening everyone, hope you are doing well. I filled for vawa in May 2017, got 3 prima fascie, but never got a Work Authorization, I was worried and after I looked again at all the papers I noticed that c3 category was stated instead c9 (for witch I applied). I then sent a letter to uscis trying to find out why did they change the category, and yesterday I got a letter saying that my application or petition can’t be accepted because there wasn’t a 410$ check attached to it. And since the case is not properly filled a priority or processing date can’t be assigned. What does this mean?

What am I supposed to do? I already paid all the fees when I sent the I360, I485, I765

Will this slow down my process?

Any May fillers got any updates?

Good luck everyone, with each passing day I am losing my hope already...

The money you paid for the first 765 application will only be used towards that form even though it appears you chose the wrong designation c31. So if your spouse/abuser is a US citizen you are eligible to file 765(work authorization) under c9. Since you hava e pending 465 you can refile the 765 Application under c9 and include with the application a fee waiver form 912 I believe( please check), use this form to tell them you are unable to afford the fees perhaps because you don’t have a job etc. and your work authorization should be issued from  3 months of filing. Good luck! Please stay positive and keep talking to God. He will surely make a way!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, Ingodshands94 said:

To my understanding, the rule is still the same. But this only applies if you haven’t married again . So getting married will make this benefit unavailable for you. Get married after you become a citizen.

OK. Thank you. I am supposed to get married this year october. Good thing we haven't filed for marriage license yet. lol. Thanks!!

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
10 minutes ago, greenteacookie said:

OK. Thank you. I am supposed to get married this year october. Good thing we haven't filed for marriage license yet. lol. Thanks!!

Or you can get married and file for citizenship after 5 years.

54 minutes ago, Goldenvessel said:

The money you paid for the first 765 application will only be used towards that form even though it appears you chose the wrong designation c31. So if your spouse/abuser is a US citizen you are eligible to file 765(work authorization) under c9. Since you hava e pending 465 you can refile the 765 Application under c9 and include with the application a fee waiver form 912 I believe( please check), use this form to tell them you are unable to afford the fees perhaps because you don’t have a job etc. and your work authorization should be issued from  3 months of filing. Good luck! Please stay positive and keep talking to God. He will surely make a way!

Thank you for your time and answer.

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Juta said:

Or you can get married and file for citizenship after 5 years.

So if I get married, I will start to zero? right now I am on my 2nd year of permanent residency, next year will be my third year and that's when I am planning to apply for citizenship.

1 minute ago, greenteacookie said:

So if I get married, I will start to zero? right now I am on my 2nd year of permanent residency, next year will be my third year and that's when I am planning to apply for citizenship.

No, you don’t start at zero but you will need to meet the normal 5-year requirement instead of 3 years. 

Timeline
Just now, iwillsurvive said:

No, you don’t start at zero but you will need to meet the normal 5-year requirement instead of 3 years. 

OK. so it means I would have to wait another 3 years if I get married this year. another question, this is just an idea but what if we decided to postpone the wedding this year and apply for naturalization next year after my 3rd year of residency, should I apply with a lawyer? or I could apply for myself? The N-400 form doesn't really have the options for those who are applying through VAWA. I could check the 'other' selection but just wondering if it's complicated and better to get a lawyer.

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline
15 hours ago, sandranj said:

I don’t understand why your friends in April 2018  wrote in their affidavits about bonafide marriage and didn’t mention about the abuse that happened in January 2018. They can write now about the abuse witnessed  but there is a possibility that their credibility will be questioned by Uscis, because if someone witnessed the abuse why they didn’t mention this before when they wrote  their affidavits in April 2018.

Thanks Sandra, I have another people that witness some of the abuse. 

Just now, i-need-help-pls said:

Thanks Sandra, I have another people that witness some of the abuse. 

My wife have bipolar disorder and she did not use her medication regularly, Do i need to mention it with my statement or not ?

My wife have bipolar disorder and she did not use her medication regularly, Do i need to mention it with my statement or not ?

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline
15 hours ago, sandranj said:

As I mentioned before the decision given by the Board of Immigration covers just  unlawful presence in the U.S, if you have a misdemeanor there is a positivity that the will not allow you reenter.

Sandra, My wife have bipolar disorder and she did not use her medication regularly, Do i need to mention it with my statement or not ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.